List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Question about organ donation

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Question about organ donation

Started by tassiegirl at 2013/10/14 05:07PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/15 02:54PM, Views: 575, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2013/10/14 05:07PM
    Question about organ donation
    tassiegirl

For Connor to get Delia's cornea's don't Delia's parents (Billy and Chloe) have to agree? What if they don't agree?

#2   2013/10/14 05:09PM
    Re: Question about organ donation
    hopey pix

That would be awful if they don't agree!But,I am totally on their side,if they don't agree!!They are so devastated loosing their precious Delia now!

#3   2013/10/14 05:39PM
    bukopandan

Well, there is a confidentiality to it when organs are donated and I think that for the most part people just say a yes or no to donate all that can be used. But some people do know who they are donating to--for example, we hear stories in the news about married couples in need donating to other couples so both sides get a kidney. My sibling is an organ recipient and was not told who her donor was. It wasn't difficult to determine the donor though because of the local newspaper's coverage of a tragic hit-and-run. My guess with Delia's parents is that they're going to say yes to organ donation and be thinking about things like a heart, kidneys, and liver and not about the corneas. Could they say yes to donating Dee's body parts but refuse to allow Conner to get something? That, I don't know.

#4   2013/10/15 02:36PM
    taramartin

A different question - could Adam have donated one of his own eyes instead of trying to get them on the black market? He and Connor could each see then.

#5   2013/10/15 02:41PM
    FL senior fan

We had a friend die at age 49 from cancer. When she passed they said she was eaten up with it. She died one early a.m. in emergency room from a procedure; that night the husband got a call asking for her eyes. He said...why, she is eaten up with cancer. They took them anyway.

#6   2013/10/15 02:43PM
    bukopandan

Quote taramartin: A different question - could Adam have donated one of his own eyes instead of trying to get them on the black market? He and Connor could each see then.

I know what you mean. A parent would want to do that. But it's ethically a problem for doctors. I did read that there are certain live donors for things like corneas, but it's so rare. A parent would be fine with living with one eye. I also read that a non-active disease would make someone like Delia a candidate for donation of her corneas. Other parts, no, but corneas yes. I also read that even though a child usually does donate to another child, it's not a necessity--so, you'd think it possible, then, that Conner would have other possibilities (and especially given how often people die in this country every day).

#7   2013/10/15 02:54PM
    daisy1984

Isn't there also a time limit for organs to be removed for any type of transplant? I don't think that it is as short for something like corneas as it would be for other organs, but a decision would probably have to be made pretty quickly.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list