List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why was Delia gone from the trauma room?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why was Delia gone from the trauma room?

Started by rancher at 2013/10/14 04:59PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/15 10:30AM, Views: 2679, Replies: 15
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/10/15 08:00AM
    Re: Why was Delia gone from the trauma room?
    jeanie5815

All I saw was her head being wheeled in the room. And to me, it wasn't the same actress. This girl's hair was more brownish.
    I think they wanted to "ease" the shock of her looks for the audience sake. Personally, I'm glad we were "spared" to see her all "mangled" up. Also I agree with the poster about the actress "probably" being "stressed out" in having to "hear" all those people grieving around her. Her illness before wasn't probably as bad for her, as she "did" have lines to speak ever once in awhile.
    When Billy was looking thru that glass and seeing them working on her, that was it for me. Seeing his "anguished" and later with Victoria in the hall, just brought back my memory of me going thru the same thing in July with my oldest sis.

#12   2013/10/15 08:04AM
    pocketvenus

Quote kn1231: In today's Canadian episode, Chloe asked Billy where she could see Delia, and he responded by telling her that she didn't want to see Delia like that.

So from that statement it seems that her body was in bad shape after the accident. With the amount of people complaining about this storyline already, I assumed everyone would be ok with not seeing a dead, mangled child lying on a stretcher.

Who says that to the mother who has just lost her child????regardless of her injuries. Of course Chloe is going to want to see dee and she won't be the only one...

#13   2013/10/15 08:31AM
    Rilynne

Well it may not even be that she was "mangled". Billy may have meant she didn't want to see Delia without life in the morgue. But of course she is going to need to see her. These medical scenes never completely mirror reality but this was sad enough it made my stomach turn.

#14   2013/10/15 09:56AM
    jad68

Quote rancher: Hello all, I am rancher's wife. He refuses to watch any longer. I am recovering from hip replacement surgery, so I am watching. I don't understand why Delia's body was removed from the trauma room. I thought parents and relatives were given time to say goodbye before the body was sent "elsewhere."

I think they took her body for autopsy.

#15   2013/10/15 10:30AM
    SunMoonStar

Quote shiesty86: Did it ever occur to y'all that maybe the writers didn't want Sophie to have to "play dead." That would require to be still with individual performances. Yes I know she did this with her leukemia s/l but having her lay there with the pale makeup could be too traumatic.

I completely agree, the beautiful little girl who plays the character Delia would have been traumatized having to "play dead." This was truly shocking, and a disappointing story line (along the line of killing off Colleen---writers, think FUTURE story lines here!!) I, for one, am glad that I was spared (as well as the adorable actress) from having to see a little one passed away---it was about the only good thing these writers did with this story.

#16   2013/10/15 10:30AM
    SunMoonStar

Quote shiesty86: Did it ever occur to y'all that maybe the writers didn't want Sophie to have to "play dead." That would require to be still with individual performances. Yes I know she did this with her leukemia s/l but having her lay there with the pale makeup could be too traumatic.

I completely agree, the beautiful little girl who plays the character Delia would have been traumatized having to "play dead." This was truly shocking, and a disappointing story line (along the line of killing off Colleen---writers, think FUTURE story lines here!!) I, for one, am glad that I was spared (as well as the adorable actress) from having to see a little one passed away---it was about the only good thing these writers did with this story.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list