List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why was Delia gone from the trauma room?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why was Delia gone from the trauma room?

Started by rancher at 2013/10/14 04:59PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/15 10:30AM, Views: 2668, Replies: 15
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/14 04:59PM
    Why was Delia gone from the trauma room?
    rancher

Hello all, I am rancher's wife. He refuses to watch any longer. I am recovering from hip replacement surgery, so I am watching. I don't understand why Delia's body was removed from the trauma room. I thought parents and relatives were given time to say goodbye before the body was sent "elsewhere."

#2   2013/10/14 05:06PM
    Re: Why was Delia gone from the trauma room?
    CherylD

Quote rancher: Hello all, I am rancher's wife. He refuses to watch any longer. I am recovering from hip replacement surgery, so I am watching. I don't understand why Delia's body was removed from the trauma room. I thought parents and relatives were given time to say goodbye before the body was sent "elsewhere."

I think we are supposed to assumed time passed and they took her into the operating room to try to do surgery. That would be my guess... she died in the op room, not in the trauma room...

#3   2013/10/14 05:09PM
    pocketvenus

Quote rancher: Hello all, I am rancher's wife. He refuses to watch any longer. I am recovering from hip replacement surgery, so I am watching. I don't understand why Delia's body was removed from the trauma room. I thought parents and relatives were given time to say goodbye before the body was sent "elsewhere."

DRAMA!!!!!'of course. No sense of reality in the entire s/l

#4   2013/10/14 05:12PM
    hopey pix

It was so weird,time stood still practically when Delia was hit,and Billy waited for the paramedics!Then,she was whisked away,before ALL the people who loved her could say a proper good-bye!!This stuff should just flow from the writers,if they gave a darn!!We have no trouble writing our comments,why can't they do the right things for our Y&R?I just can't see it!!

#5   2013/10/14 06:23PM
    shiesty86

Did it ever occur to y'all that maybe the writers didn't want Sophie to have to "play dead." That would require to be still with individual performances. Yes I know she did this with her leukemia s/l but having her lay there with the pale makeup could be too traumatic.

#6   2013/10/14 06:35PM
    kn1231

In today's Canadian episode, Chloe asked Billy where she could see Delia, and he responded by telling her that she didn't want to see Delia like that.

So from that statement it seems that her body was in bad shape after the accident. With the amount of people complaining about this storyline already, I assumed everyone would be ok with not seeing a dead, mangled child lying on a stretcher.

#7   2013/10/14 06:43PM
    hubbardfan

Quote CherylD:

I think we are supposed to assumed time passed and they took her into the operating room to try to do surgery. That would be my guess... she died in the op room, not in the trauma room...

Delia was in the trauma room, and Billy was right outside the door when they came w/the crash cart! He was looking right inside the room, so he should have been able to see them working on her frantically, and possibly should have seen her 'flatline' (another inconsistency); if she were in the operating room, he would not have been allowed in there and been able to see them working on her! They did whisk her body away awfully quick!

#8   2013/10/14 06:44PM
    bukopandan

Quote hopey pix: It was so weird,time stood still practically when Delia was hit,and Billy waited for the paramedics!Then,she was whisked away,before ALL the people who loved her could say a proper good-bye!!This stuff should just flow from the writers,if they gave a darn!!We have no trouble writing our comments,why can't they do the right things for our Y&R?I just can't see it!!

I see the points of the two posters who posted after you, Hopey, yet like you I noted how five minutes lasted for an eternity Friday (US) and then time went so quickly today. Maybe they'll have it so Delia is in that operating room or another room now and her parents can see her and also discuss donation (so, she won't be in the morgue as has been mentioned). Billy did see her when she was admitted to the hospital and so I can imagine him seeing her again and Chloe too--and I think many parents would want to see/be with their child no matter what the condition. What moved me about the room that billy was in was how it was the almost the last place she was. Her presence was still there in that bed, in a sense, and all he could have of her at the moment.

#9   2013/10/14 07:08PM
    cards1

As someone who has worked in an ER, there was ABSOLUTELY nothing done realistically from the time Delia entered the supposed ER to the end.

First off the emt's would not have had to wait while a "room was prepped", they would have radioed ahead and the trauma ER staff would have been prepared for a critical child coming in.

Billy would have been told firmly to step back, while they worked on the child. I don't think Delia ever went to an operating room, they can not take a person who is already in cardiac arrest to the operating room and Delia had already coded by the side of the road. They would have had to have stabilized her before taking her to the operating room.

You are correct, she would have never been moved until the family had time with her.

The parents also may have been given a sedative if needed. Support staff and clergy would have been called if needed or requested by the family.

But I suspect the reality would have been to hard to watch on daytime TV if Delia had remained in the "trauma room" deceased for good byes.

It was great acting by the cast at the hospital, but it was not realistic as far as hospital protocol IMO.

#10   2013/10/15 06:25AM
    countryMomof4

^^IA that medical s/ls are never realistic. Actual, the legal and business s/ls aren't either.

I'm okay with the fact that Delia wasn't shown afterwards. That would have been too traumatic for the audience. It would be completely unnecessary. Delia would have suffered trauma and to see a child in that condition would be hideous. JMHO.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list