List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Michael Muhney says this a "Game-Changer"

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Michael Muhney says this a "Game-Changer"

Started by donlamb at 2013/10/13 11:26AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/14 02:29PM, Views: 6092, Replies: 41
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/13 11:26AM
    Michael Muhney says this a "Game-Changer"
    donlamb

Michael Muhney previews "Game-Changers" set to change Y&R forever:

“What we’re doing now is becoming a part of history,” the actor speculates.

“There were critical moments in our show’s history from 10, 15, 20 years ago that changed the tone of the show and made it evolve and [grow up] and find more wings. Over the years, there were those very distinctive moments where it wasn’t the storylines [that caused this]; it was the show itself redefining itself and changing and broadening, and that is what is happening right now.

We’re at a critical point in the show, where the whole look of the show is going to become a part of history and things will be talked about. [We’ll be referencing] back to this era for many, many years.”

Muhney previews “There are a lot of nuances and layers and development happening with the next generation of the Abbotts and their interaction with the older generation, and the next generation of the Newmans and their interaction with that older generation, and it’s really becoming a very rich, rich dynamic with the two families.

There’s going to be a very old-fashioned and a very beautiful, dramatic, and yet unique and new kind of look to the show that has nothing to do with the show visually, it’s just the dynamic between these people. We see a lot of growing and changing happening.

“There’s going to be an entirely different tune sung by the audience than what we’ve heard sung for the last several years,” he continues.

“I can’t predict the future, and it doesn’t mean I’m right, but I feel like we’re at this precipice, and this show has a chance to be great again. And I think it’s going to be. I cannot wait to hear the conversations that are happening online, what critics are saying, what the fans are saying. I’m really excited about it. And that’s the worst part of my job, being patient and waiting on that delay when you’ve read some amazing scripts, and you’ve performed some brilliant scenes with partners that just pulled the best out of you and made those scenes shine, and then you have to wait for two months to see them coming out, and we are now upon that moment.”

#2   2013/10/13 11:27AM
    Re: Michael Muhney says this a "Game-Changer"
    donlamb

Delia's hit & run was taped on September 6th.

Michael Muhney ‏@michaelmuhney 6 Sep
    TEASER: Tonight I report to work 2 hours after midnight. Shooting some super-secret scenes (to air in mid/late Oct). #IfYouOnlyKnew

Michael Muhney ‏@michaelmuhney 7 Sep
    2:33am - At work right now...I'll probably finish just before sunrise. It's a good thing that I do what I love & love what I do.

Michael Muhney ‏@michaelmuhney 7 Sep
    Sun is coming up. I've just now finished with an all-nighter at work. It's 6:18am and I'm headed home...to sleep. #SuperSecretScenes

#3   2013/10/13 11:32AM
    Re: Michael Muhney says this a
    donlamb

It's clear the actors are loving this storyline and excited about it, so let's sit back and just enjoy the show!

By the way, Michael Muhney's favorite show is 'Breaking Bad" and he often compares Adam Newman to Walter White.

#4   2013/10/13 11:41AM
    donlamb

Michael Muhney ‏@michaelmuhney 9 Sep
    This Fall & Winter will not disappoint. Trust me. "Adam" will be front & center. Every day. Mixing it up. #MustSeeTV

Michael Muhney ‏@michaelmuhney 4 Oct
    ...and there's been big drama and character development this year...but wait until you see what's next... #BIGDRAMA

#5   2013/10/13 11:57AM
    Laduree

Quote donlamb: It's clear the actors are loving this storyline and excited about it, so let's sit back and just enjoy the show!

By the way, Michael Muhney's favorite show is 'Breaking Bad" and he often compares Adam Newman to Walter White.

My favorite show was also "Breaking Bad". There are many similarities between Walter White and Adam Newman. Walt had a brilliant, analytical mind, but through a series of bad choices and bad luck, his genius was never fully realized. He toiled away as a HS chemistry teacher while working part-time at a full service car wash. His dreams for greatness were stolen by "friends" and while they became multi-millionaires, he became a punch-line. Then, to top it all off he ended up with stage 4 lung cancer. He entered the dark under-belly of the meth world through a bit of fate and happenstance. In that world he thrived. He morphed from a meek and often kicked in the teeth chemistry teacher to the largest drug kingpin in the southwest, amassing a fortune of almost 100 million dollars. His own hubris, ego and thirst for power brought him down in the end.

Adam actually looks like a church deacon compared to Walter White, but he shares Walt's brilliance and ego. Adam has never felt respected, but considers himself to be far superior in intellect and ability than just about anyone else in GC. While much of that is true, both Walt and Adam are victims of their own egos and they both routinely hoist/hoisted themselves on their own petards. If Walt hadn't been so scorned and disrespected his life might have looked much different. If Adam hadn't been made to feel disrespected and abandoned by Victor, his life too might look much different.

Walt and Adam also have some humanity while committing atrocious acts. Walt never lost all of his humanity, although he had very little left at the end. Adam too has not lost his humanity, even though he did some really horrible things. Adam is more sympathetic than Walt though because he is actually morphing into a grey character, instead of the dark, twisted soul that he was. He will always skirt the middle between good and evil, as he should. It's who he is and he should remain this way. I was a huge Walter White fan, and I'm a huge Adam Newman fan. I never thought I would root for a meth drug kingpin, but I did. Of course, I felt that Walt should be brought down, but I wanted him to go out on his own terms, and he did. He took down people needing to be taken down, and saved people in need of saving. He then went out next to his "precious"...a high-tech meth lab, because that was his great love. That's what made his life worth living because he finally got the respect (in the criminal world) and power he felt he deserved.

Adam is also chasing that elusive respect and power, except nothing is more important to him than his son right now. I think Connor will be now and forever more number one to him. I don't see him placing anything or anyone ahead of Connor. Perhaps that will be Adam's lesson- live well, sacrifice your happiness for someone else's and good things will follow. Walt placed himself and his ego ahead of everything, and it was his undoing.

Sorry for the long rant, but I love these two characters!!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/13 12:01PM
    #6   2013/10/13 12:07PM
    ladycam

MM (Adam) is my favorite character on Y&R in fact he's the only reason I watch. But not even he can get me to watch this Delia s/l. This Adam fan will never support JFP putting this accident on Adam. No matter how many of these threads pop up. This kind of seems like damage control not working on me Sorry MM am Team Adam but not with this mess

#7   2013/10/13 12:09PM
    Barbyboo

There's no way Adam did it a long time contract was just signed...actually I hope Nikki did it she could start drinking and have a exciting story instead of my son is a robot..

#8   2013/10/13 12:11PM
    donlamb

Quote Laduree:
    Quote donlamb: It's clear the actors are loving this storyline and excited about it, so let's sit back and just enjoy the show!

My favorite show was also "Breaking Bad". There are many similarities between Walter White and Adam Newman. Walt had a brilliant, analytical mind, but through a series of bad choices and bad luck, his genius was never fully realized. He toiled away as a HS chemistry teacher while working part-time at a full service car wash. His dreams for greatness were stolen by "friends" and while they became multi-millionaires, he became a punch-line. Then, to top it all off he ended up with stage 4 lung cancer. He entered the dark under-belly of the meth world through a bit of fate and happenstance. In that world he thrived. He morphed from a meek and often kicked in the teeth chemistry teacher to the largest drug kingpin in the southwest, amassing a fortune of almost 100 million dollars. His own hubris, ego and thirst for power brought him down in the end.

Adam actually looks like a church deacon compared to Walter White, but he shares Walt's brilliance and ego. Adam has never felt respected, but considers himself to be far superior in intellect and ability than just about anyone else in GC. While much of that is true, both Walt and Adam are victims of their own egos and they both routinely hoist/hoisted themselves on their own petards. If Walt hadn't been so scorned and disrespected his life might have looked much different. If Adam hadn't been made to feel disrespected and abandoned by Victor, his life too might look much different.

Walt and Adam also have some humanity while committing atrocious acts. Walt never lost all of his humanity, although he had very little left at the end. Adam too has not lost his humanity, even though he did some really horrible things. Adam is more sympathetic than Walt though because he is actually morphing into a grey character, instead of the dark, twisted soul that he was. He will always skirt the middle between good and evil, as he should. It's who he is and he should remain this way. I was a huge Walter White fan, and I'm a huge Adam Newman fan. I never thought I would root for a meth drug kingpin, but I did. Of course, I felt that Walt should be brought down, but I wanted him to go out on his own terms, and he did. He took down people needing to be taken down, and saved people in need of saving. He then went out next to his "precious"...a high-tech meth lab, because that was his great love. That's what made his life worth living because he finally got the respect (in the criminal world) and power he felt he deserved.

Adam is also chasing that elusive respect and power, except nothing is more important to him than his son right now. I think Connor will be now and forever more number one to him. I don't see him placing anything or anyone ahead of Connor. Perhaps that will be Adam's lesson- live well, sacrifice your happiness for someone else's and good things will follow. Walt placed himself and his ego ahead of everything, and it was his undoing.

Sorry for the long rant, but I love these two characters!!

Great post! Your insight into these characters is on target. I love "anti-heros", they're my favorites, so compelling to watch.

Might I add, a few kids died under Walter White's watch, which caused a rift with Jessie, and impacted their relationship in dramatic ways.

#9   2013/10/13 12:14PM
    SavantCouture

Quote donlamb:
    Michael Muhney ‏@michaelmuhney 9 Sep
    This Fall & Winter will not disappoint. Trust me. "Adam" will be front & center. Every day. Mixing it up. #MustSeeTV

Michael Muhney ‏@michaelmuhney 4 Oct
    ...and there's been big drama and character development this year...but wait until you see what's next... #BIGDRAMA

Thank you for your posts. To me, it's an indication that some actors really enjoy their roles. He seems to get how important soap operas are in our culture. Bravo, MM!

I recently started watching the show after AMC was cancelled. I loved MCE as Annie, and I love her playing against MM and Billy C. I enjoy MCE's scenes with MM so much, I replay them again and again. I really hope MM's tweets indicate that Adam will finally obtain the nuclear family he's longed for for so long, and that he'll stop playing Icarus (as if he were a part of a Greek tragedy). I would truly enjoy this character moving in a starkly different direction.

#10   2013/10/13 12:22PM
    Re: Michael Muhney says this a Game-Changer
    donlamb

Quote ladycam: MM (Adam) is my favorite character on Y&R in fact he's the only reason I watch. But not even he can get me to watch this Delia s/l. This Adam fan will never support JFP putting this accident on Adam. No matter how many of these threads pop up. This kind of seems like damage control not working on me Sorry MM am Team Adam but not with this mess

Yet you still like Adam's character, right? Even knowing he could be responsible for ACCIDENTALLY killing a child, your sympathy is with Adam. As you say, Adam is still your favorite and he's the only reason you watch.

That's a sign that MM is doing a great job with his role. People feel bad for Adam. He is an "anti-hero" and even when they do terrible things, the audience still identifies with them.

Bravo, MM!

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list