List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Delia Story Opinion

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Delia Story Opinion

Started by frenchtoast at 2013/10/11 07:19PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/14 12:46PM, Views: 4856, Replies: 35
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/12 10:16AM
    Re: Delia Story Opinion
    Lanie1959

Quote frenchtoast: I am one of the most sensitive people around and I do understand why some are upset by the Delia storyline.
    However I have read here so many complaints about unrealistic Y & R can be, unfortunately, in this case I feel this is very true to life.
    Like it or not, tragedy occurs everyday, and it is a part of life, the imporant part is how everyone copes with it. I see the value of this storyline because as always, a
    good story requires drama, comedy AND tragedy. In fact, and I know some will disagree, I think this story was well conceived, and weaved, reminicient of the way Bill Bell would, it's the balance of one's loss can bring another's gift.
    As sad as it is, it's the basic cycle of life. I can appreciate the excellent acting with true emotion, that is commendable.
    So whatever your opinion, you have to realize that it's a soap and look at it as a very well acted drama.

I couldn't of said it better myself.....

#12   2013/10/12 10:24AM
    martym

:~ I am new to this message board but I have watched Y$R since the beginning. I have cried with all the great losses and this one is heart wrenching. I am just sorry it has to involve Billy. It seems like he can't get a break. I loved the Friday show and all the emotion that was in it. I understand all of the messages that this story brings and that part is good but I really feel heart sick for the family that this will affect. Some great emotional times are coming from this story. I will have my tissue at hand as they suffer this loss so soon after Mrs C. I have to keep reminding myself that this is just a story.

#13   2013/10/12 10:43AM
    Luckylady4holly

Billy Abbott did what he should have for Delia beside the road. He tried to keep her warm, called for help, held her hand and talked to her. Not knowing the extent of her injuries he was correct not to pick her up and cuddle her. It broke my heart to see that episode because I'm in healthcare and I've seen children leave this world and it just tears my heart apart. Billy Abbott will blame himself forever for Delia's accident because he left her alone in the car. Bad move but it happens everyday.

#14   2013/10/12 10:48AM
    rocki2

It makes me sad but also a bit intringuied to think of how the storylines must go now with the loss of Delia. It is going to impact so many people and change the future storylines as far as relationships between people go...Billy and Chloe (how will she be able to forgive him for leaving Delia alone in the car)..same for Billy and Victoria...Victor, Nikki...so many potential story lines. On another note, I for one, didn't mind the flash forward scenes..it portrayed all the hopes and dreams we all have for our children and it demonstrated how much Billy loved her and had those same dreams. Interesting times ahead....

#15   2013/10/12 10:48AM
    MTCMAY24

The Y&R has had nothing but bad news for a long time now. We need some happiness back into this show. Delia can be cast by another person, please do not kill her off completely. This will be the end of Billy and a lot of others for sure. Get rid of Sharon, her role right now is boring and worthless and has been for a long time. Get rid of her, get the truth out about what she did and be done with her. Way too long carrying out what she did and how she is a loon. Boring and a waste of good time on the show.

Please keep the character of Delia alive.

#16   2013/10/12 04:35PM
    pocketvenus

Quote dafyduc: I guess I am just a witch because I really didn't find it all that moving. What parent could just sit beside their dying child and not gather her into their arms. The whole thing fell flat for me

Me too. Many things wrong withe the whole scene...Start to finish...."

Will Delia's cornea's now be used so that Conner might see????

#17   2013/10/12 04:38PM
    hopey pix

I don't want this episode at all!!But,Billy and Delia did it with PANACHE!!They were so good in it!!What a little trooper Delia is!!A true doll!!I love her,and want her back on the show!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/12 04:38PM
    #18   2013/10/13 03:44PM
    dafyduc

Quote ksmmm: That last episode was ridiculous and a big waste of time. Its like they were trying to force a connection onto the viewers for a character that we rarely saw. I understand some are upset for the mere fact that it was a child being killed,but to me it was ...whatever

Exactly!!

#19   2013/10/13 03:47PM
    mistyblues

Quote frenchtoast: I am one of the most sensitive people around and I do understand why some are upset by the Delia storyline.
    However I have read here so many complaints about unrealistic Y & R can be, unfortunately, in this case I feel this is very true to life.
    Like it or not, tragedy occurs everyday, and it is a part of life, the imporant part is how everyone copes with it. I see the value of this storyline because as always, a
    good story requires drama, comedy AND tragedy. In fact, and I know some will disagree, I think this story was well conceived, and weaved, reminicient of the way Bill Bell would, it's the balance of one's loss can bring another's gift.
    As sad as it is, it's the basic cycle of life. I can appreciate the excellent acting with true emotion, that is commendable.
    So whatever your opinion, you have to realize that it's a soap and look at it as a very well acted drama.

Well said. I think this is great drama and the acting is top notch. People feeling engaged and emotionally invested is a good thing. This story is striking a chord with the viewers and that's what it was intended to do.

#20   2013/10/13 03:50PM
    mistyblues

Quote frenchtoast: Thanks, glad to know someone agrees!
    Really, though if all we saw everyday were only happiness, sunshine and roses...think about how boring, and not to mention, how totally unrealistic the whole soap would be!
    Life is both, light and darkness and a journey where we go through ups and downs and along the way the experience change us, and hopefully learn and grow.
    It's actually like character development, I would much rather watch someone who is complex and not just on the surface, black and white, gray is always good!
    I think everyone is, and is shaped by all that they experience!
    If a soap can encompass that, it's doing well.
    That said, I think if I had to choose between the last writing team (MAB) and this one, I would choose this one and I am a from the beginning viewer.

I so agree. If I wanted sunshine and unicorns all the time, I would watch a comedy sitcom. At the end of the day, this is a drama and a soap opera.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list