List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Killing a child for a pair of eyes, Why!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Killing a child for a pair of eyes, Why!!!

Started by mskat1216 at 2013/10/11 10:28AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/15 12:48PM, Views: 3231, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/10/14 03:24PM
    Re: Killing a child for a pair of eyes, Why!!!
    YOUNGESTER

Yes Dee Dee was killed. But when the actress leaves that is what
    The writer do. She is joining a primetime show,

#22   2013/10/14 03:59PM
    Odelle

I am at a loss writers please what are you thinking, first, you kill Carleen who is an Abbott and give Victor her heart ,Now you kill Delia another Abbott and giving her eyes to another Newman What next You all have to use your imagination PLEASE for heaven sake get with it.

#23   2013/10/14 07:54PM
    jajoa

Quote mskat1216: Now to each idiot that responded to this topic the outcome was just as I predicted it would be. I have been a long time fan for 40 years and I have come to expect better writing. And yes,it is fiction that I love to watch everyday however, killing a child whether true or fiction is a bad idea. So , each of you kiss my Butt with your reply!!! And get a life. Smooches!!!

I agree, I have watched for 40 years also and I am disappointed the writers went this route. I won't be watching
    For quite awhile.I Just got used to Katherine Chancellors death. I dont find going through a childs death entertainment. The first time in 40 years my television will be on a different channel until this storyline is wrapped up.

#24   2013/10/14 08:11PM
    zuzu61

Quote mskat1216: @porkchop1950: you are absolutely right. You get my vote, go write this story line correctly because, clearly these writers are clueless and they will write anything for a higher rating.

ITA!!!! I am so PO'd & sickened with this s/l. IF they really want their ratings to go UP.. You're right, let this be a nightmare/a dream Billy has.

mskat1216..
    How does this make their ratings go up?? I've stopped recording and watching and every where I read fans have done the same..
    I'm just honestly asking. How does it make their rating go up instead of crashing..
    I don't want to see Y&R cancelled.. Some of my favorite actors are on Y&R.. I really feel for them because so many of their fans are not watching them any longer.
    SICK..
    WHY even create the role of Conner if they had to kill Delia?? IMHO, she was the JOY & life of Y&R. And I felt this way before it was even rumored of this tragic MISTAKE.

#25   2013/10/14 08:15PM
    gretasmom

Quote mskat1216: Not entertaining at all. please change writers. This is just sickening.

#26   2013/10/14 08:21PM
    gretasmom

Quote mskat1216: Not entertaining at all. please change writers. This is just sickening.

I also am sick at the direction this group of incompetent writers have taken what used to be my favorite show...it's like they are intentionally destroying everything the long time fans have loved about the show over the years....PLEASE get better writers & better storylines before most of us quit watching the junk that is on now.....

#27   2013/10/14 09:44PM
    Soap diva queen

Hours after viewing Monday's episode and I'm still livid. There are so many reasons why, that I don't even know where to begin...I've watched Y&R since day one. Yes, I get that this fiction. Yes, I believe in creative plot lines. Yes, I understand bad things happen to people (including children) in real life, too. But this recent story line has gone beyond the pale with the death of the character of Delia. This show is an escape for many viewers and somehow we can understand the need for characters to depart for a myriad of reasons, some at the control of producers and writers, others beyond that control. But to kill off a small child character is just toooo much!! As viewers, we've lost several key players of late: Mrs. C, Phyllis, for all practical reasons we might as well have lost Sharon (wth?), and now the decision to kill of the character of a small child, Delia. As a fan who has welcomed you into my homes for 40 years, you've worn out your welcome!!! The writing of late is ridiculous. It's insulting to my sensibilities. You have viewers of every age and demographic for whom THIS us just too close and too raw. Losing a child of this age is never ok because of the emotion and pain it evokes, IMHO. I'm pissed beyond words that Y&R has gone this far off the charts. You've not only broken the hearts of the show's main characters but the heats of your viewing family. Shame on you! I get where you're planning to take this plot. FAIL! smh The plots get more and more juvenile and predictable.
    Writers can and should be replaced ASAP. When's the last time you won a daytime Emmy for the show??!! RIP Delia!! RIP Y&R!!

#28   2013/10/14 09:57PM
    billsgal

I don't have a problem with killing a child for corneas, I just felt it should have been a different child. It would have added more pizazz if Hillary had tampered with Sofia or Neil's brakes and little Moses died since you never see or hear anyone talk about him anyway.

#29   2013/10/14 10:14PM
    tvjunky

I have watched this show from the beginning with the Brooks family. I also have never joined a message board or emailed celebrities, etc.; but this s/l sickened me to the point that I had to express my disgust. I don't think anything on a soap has upset me more. And note, I do not have children; but killing off this beautiful child was horrific (yes fictional character I know). Even if the child needed to leave the show, they could have sent her off to a school for gifted children or something else. Adam could have gotten black market corneas. Maybe a good story line that's never been done. There is enough bad crap that we see everyday and there are shows like Criminal Minds and Law&Order for that. There you know what you're getting into. I don't want to be smacked and shaken to the core with reality in a soap. It should be fantasy, escape and life lessons. Everyone is warned not to leave a child or pet in a hot car, and yet you see story after story of it on the news.

#30   2013/10/15 01:59AM
    LeatGnz

I was 8 yrs old when Y & R aired it's first show. My mother was a devoted fan and I as well became hooked over the years. I am 49 yrs old now so thats alot of years of watching this show. I dont know if the writers ever thought of what their storyline was going to cause? Apparently alot of people are outraged with this last storyline of killing Delia off the show. Some bloggers think what is the harm since they killed off Colleen? Maybe because she was older, an adult it seemed acceptable? Thats a possibility, but the writes seemed to have not foreseen what this storyline would have caused? You see it brings back ALOT of bad memories, especially when you have a small child of that age hit by a car. It's a reminder of how devestating the time period was, and how horrorific it was to see it and hear your child scream at that moment. It stays with you forever and tho you go on with your life, storylines like that just brings back that horrible memory back to life. Maybe the writers should consider that sometimes killing off a small child can actually hurt the show, not raise the ratings. I have loved being a fan of Y & R for alot of years. I don't get entertainment in remembering my 4 yr old daughter getting mowed down by a volkswagon bus. I bet there are alot of other parents out there who dont want their memories of their children (esp small children)brought up on the soaps when their lives was taken tragically either. Something for the writers to consider.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list