List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: WHY Did They Leave out Chloe

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

WHY Did They Leave out Chloe

Started by linder at 2013/10/11 10:24AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/25 10:05AM, Views: 7856, Replies: 61
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #21   2013/10/11 12:45PM
    Re: WHY Did They Leave out Chloe
    HonnyDiipp

I see the OP's point. But it hit me watching Billy holding his grandson. This will be the last time we will see him smile like that. He will never be the same after this. I'm not even a Villy fan, but I'm glad this epi was all about them.

#22   2013/10/11 12:48PM
    bukopandan

Quote linder:
    Quote ajsp35801: How the character of Chloe has been treated on this show is appalling. She is Delia's mother...NOT VICTORIA. Her child is dying and it is all about Billy. I could see if she were an absent mother. But she isn't. Delia has always lived with her and she has always been there for her daughter..even when Billy was running away or boozing it up.

i know what you mean,their nothing wrong with being a step mom ,but the writters should have wrote her in these fast forwards sceenes today...maybe she will be in some Monday

I also wondered if I had missed something (I had to leave the TV room a few times) when they showed older Dee with her baby--was there at that point any mention of a daddy to baby William? She was later moving to CA and going to get married, yes, or had she been married? I just found some of the sequence's info surprising, that's all, unless I missed too much--was there a scene with Dee getting married, and then later she had the baby and later relocated to CA? As I watched I just told myself not to get nit-picky about anything but to just accept the fantasy aspect that had Billy and Dee's connection at the center. It was his bond to Dee being looked at. And it made sense that Vicky was there in the scenes (staying with Vick is part of his own dream), though of course in real (real-reel) life Chloe would have been there. I think there will be so much agony with Chloe's next scenes, including because she was on a date and unreachable and clueless as to what had taken place. I am looking forward to that actor's work next week. Everyone's, of course, but especially hers.

#23   2013/10/11 12:54PM
    FL senior fan

I HOPE Chloe is pissed; and I'm not a fan of hers.
    Let's see some great acting from her next week!
    As a Mother (and the custodial parent) Billy should have been trying her cell phone to reach her immediately. He had 5 minutes of daydreams...why not call Chloe and let her know something so she could meet the ambulance at the hospital!

#24   2013/10/11 01:32PM
    jhaxx

I think todays show is just Billy's vision about how her life would play out, its just his view with his blended family and his time with her, not to leave out Chloe, but a Billy's eye view.

#25   2013/10/11 01:51PM
    villyforever55

Quote jhaxx: I think todays show is just Billy's vision about how her life would play out, its just his view with his blended family and his time with her, not to leave out Chloe, but a Billy's eye view.

Exactly. This was not a slight at Chloe as her mother. Most of the time Billy has spent with Delia, Chloe has not been part of it; they don't live together. This was his vision of her as part of his family with Victoria, his wife. Also, did you see any other family members? No, but everyone was mentioned and not seen, but Chloe was referred to at every stage. Hopefully, the writers will give Chloe the same opportunity to express her dreams of Delia's life with her and her memories of her beautiful daughter.

#26   2013/10/11 02:17PM
    Kerfuffles

Quote jhaxx: I think todays show is just Billy's vision about how her life would play out, its just his view with his blended family and his time with her, not to leave out Chloe, but a Billy's eye view.

Except there was no blending. It was just Newmans and Delia, for some reason, acting like she was a Newman--wanting to work at NE and calling Victor grandpa?! Like we viewers have amnesia and don't remember Victor was willing to let Delia DIE when she had cancer. Billy's dream future for Delia was that crap? Ugh. No.

And Jill, Chloe, Esther, Jack--anybody non-Newman--was excluded from the last scenes (real or imaginary) we saw of D as a character. Just insulting to Delia as a character and any non-Newman character in the show that was a part of her life.

#27   2013/10/11 03:01PM
    Havasu addict

I wish it had been real life though instead of this fast forwarding...when someone is waiting for an ambulance to pock up your injured child you dont go thru this drama...you want help, you pray, you sob uncontrollably

I didnt like the foreshadowing either that the dog Scout they got was from Connor needing a new guide dog, so he retired Scout to them.

#28   2013/10/11 03:15PM
    CherylD

They didn't leave Chloe out... this was BILLY'S thoughts while he was watching the life drain out of his daughter. It was sort of two fold - so that's Billy's mind was occupied while he waited - and he hoped for a better outcome and to show what he is going to misout on with his daughter. Note they did show the 'husbands' face nor anyones (except Billy, Victoria, and Dee) - this was about his relationship with his daughter... and his part of her life. Chloe's a different part of Dee's life and this was Billy's 'fantasy' of sorts about what he will miss out on - you know - the unspoken "Daddy will never get to see his little girl have her first date, graduate from school, become a woman" --

#29   2013/10/11 03:20PM
    CherylD

Quote FL senior fan: Very disappointed, like I said earlier.
    No excitement, too slow moving, lack of action, acting could have been better. No cliff-hanger Friday for me.

I think that was the POINT - we lived it out in real time, like you would if it had really happened to someone you know - time stands still - nothing seems to move. Billy's acting was great - so not sure what you mean about the acting could have been better. He went from being emotional to being in shock to trying to be calm for Delia to being upset, to almost laughing to remembering - and remember - the ambulance said they would be there in 5 minutes - but when someone's life is at stake 5 minutes feels like a life time - and I think that was what we were supposed to feel - as though we were right there with Billy - waiting and waiting and not knowing what was happening. I think it was an artistic choice they made...

#30   2013/10/11 03:23PM
    butterflycake

I agree that Chloe should have been in the scenes. Pissed me off that Victoria was in them. Why was didnt Billy call Chloe on the phone. I am an Abbott fan. This makes me sick. All about the Newmans. Victoria, or Victor. sick of it.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list