List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: jill farren phelps ruining everything

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

jill farren phelps ruining everything

Started by girlsvomitcandy at 2013/10/10 09:47AM
    Latest post: 2014/07/06 07:08PM, Views: 5402, Replies: 38
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/10 09:47AM
    jill farren phelps ruining everything
    girlsvomitcandy

This woman put gh on the verge of cancellation and here she is recycling storylines from her gh era. Luke running jake over and having him be a donor to josslyn. Kristina liking an older guy (summer liking kyle). Sonny going to prison for michael killing claudia (michael and fen). I just hope she doesnt make young and the restless unbearable to watch like she did to gh.

#2   2013/10/10 09:58AM
    Re: jill farren phelps ruining everything
    Lizzytish

I had to laugh when I read the title of this thread. We all keep saying we're happy when we get new writers, new EPs etc., but nothing ever changes. We didn't like Lynn Marie Latham; Maria Bell; and now Jill FP.

Let's face it -- the reason soaps are failing is because they have "failed" to keep up with the times. Actually, the same thing is happening in prime time. How many repititions are there of the Law and Order and CSI shows. It's the same crap, just different actors. I give up.

#3   2013/10/10 10:01AM
    girlsvomitcandy

They need to hire better ppl. I dont know why they'd hire jfp with what she did to general hospital.

#4   2013/10/10 10:05AM
    dairymaid

Quote Lizzytish: I had to laugh when I read the title of this thread. We all keep saying we're happy when we get new writers, new EPs etc., but nothing ever changes. We didn't like Lynn Marie Latham; Maria Bell; and now Jill FP.

Let's face it -- the reason soaps are failing is because they have "failed" to keep up with the times. Actually, the same thing is happening in prime time. How many repititions are there of the Law and Order and CSI shows. It's the same crap, just different actors. I give up.

I understand what you are saying but as an SVU fan, I think that most of the recent stories on SVU are related to the current climate of crimes and other issues that they use for their stories on the show. SVU has outlasted all the other law and order shows (law and order, Criminal Intent, etc.) and it focuses on more of present day crimes. I do not watch CSI so I do not know what goes on there. But, I agree about the writing on Y&R that sometimes she is creating drama and needs to not use the same scenarios from her other soaps.

#5   2013/10/10 10:34AM
    ksmmm

I actually think that GH has gotten worse. That show is a snooze fest now. Thank goodness for Y&R

#6   2013/10/10 11:01AM
    Charlie Big

I thought that Latham did the best job of staying true to the natural progression of Y&R and its rich history;. SHe understood that the show was very characger driven and she wrote it accordingly. The biggest problem with soaps is the old formula that they can't seem to shake off. MAB and now Phelps are just not in tune with the fast pace world that we are living in. People are smart. They don't have time to sit around and watch these shows drag out. They like shows that move at a fast pace and go forward. MAB just ruined Y&R and frankly, while she needed to go, there was no need to jump into the fire from the frying pan, which is what they have done here.

They made the biggest mistake of all time when they let Latham go to hire that idiot, MAB. He has no clue what she did to this show and I can only be glad that they got rid of her before the show got cancelled completely. Now, if they don't get rid of Phelps and her crew, it is going to get cancelled anyway. This soap just can't survive anymore of the kind of garbage writing for garbage stories that it is still cranking out.

#7   2013/10/10 11:10AM
    bunhead

Quote ksmmm: I actually think that GH has gotten worse. That show is a snooze fest now. Thank goodness for Y&R

I stopped watching it when it became spy central!

#8   2013/10/10 11:20AM
    Myrt

With the current story lines, I see cancellation on the horizon. Why do they have to keep hiring writers who have failed on other shows? I would have loved to see someone fresh and new who was also familiar with the characters. I am done.

#9   2013/10/10 11:36AM
    JBlair

These story lines are repeats after repeats. They just change the faces. The writers have no imagination.

#10   2013/10/10 12:55PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Lizzytish: I had to laugh when I read the title of this thread. We all keep saying we're happy when we get new writers, new EPs etc., but nothing ever changes. We didn't like Lynn Marie Latham; Maria Bell; and now Jill FP.

I have to admit, you did make a good point regarding recycled story ideas and the fact that it also happens in prime time. IMO, I still don't think that it is impossible for a good and talented writer to come up with some fresh/new ideas in keeping with the times with themes that do reflect changes that have taken place over the years. The bullying s/l with Summer, Jamie and Fen was a good example that could have been played out longer and Summer and Jamie could have fallen for each other; it sure beats pairing Kyle with Summer, and Jamie was an interesting and likable character. It's just much easier for them to rehash the same old thing over and over again so they end up taking the easy and lazy way out.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/10 12:59PM
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list