List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: TITLE CHANGE

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

TITLE CHANGE

Started by Traveling Lady at 2013/10/08 09:57AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/08 12:00PM, Views: 615, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2013/10/08 09:57AM
    TITLE CHANGE
    Traveling Lady

Y and R should be changed to MURDER AND MAYHEM!!!! I am so sick of murders, who done it and all that mystery stuff!!! Boy, this show certainly has changed.

#2   2013/10/08 10:32AM
    Re: TITLE CHANGE
    Jackie10

I disagree. It takes great mysteries and ruthless plots to keep the soap entertaining. They just need to learn to write them better. The shock and awe is for the audience not the characters playing the part.

Why write a spectacular scene and try to keep it a secret then give spoilers about the characters involved until everyone figures out what is going on. Kinda pointless.

I do agree that pointless who dun-its and whos the daddy story lines are way over done and boring. But a good well played murder mystery is great (like the one for Diane minus all the ridiculously stupid throw pillows that is).

#3   2013/10/08 11:36AM
    djpp

The show has been stupid and boring. I wish Diane was never killed off. In fact, I was hoping Adam and Diane faked her death and paid off the M.E. to go along with it! Although faking Diane's death would have been rather pointless unless they were trying to get Nikki thrown in prison. The Lauren, Michael, Carmine storyline is totally ridiculous especially since Michael and Kevin are constantly saying nasty things about Carmine, yet both of them have done so much worse! It's laughable. Besides, didn't we already see Lauren as a victim way too many times with Sheila Carter and her sister? Why couldn't Lauren just be a cougar having an affair and Michael leaves her and Fen gets angry? What would have been wrong with that? Why does everyone have to become a psycho and not get away with it although Michael, Kevin and Phyllis have? Why are they the only ones who get to be psychos and get away with their crimes? Although Victor and Adam have to be added to that list also. I don't feel sympathetic towards Michael and Kevin. In fact, they are irritating, and I wish they were off the show. I don't want to see Phyllis return. She's extremely annoying. I am sick of Victor always winning everything when viewers know Tucker wouldn't allow Vicpire to take over Chancellor Industries from his family. I would like to see Tucker and Ashley return. In fact, I hope Ashley returns with Tucker's child. It would be logical she would leave because she doesn't want Tucker to know she was pregnant with his child. It would be a good way to make the Abbotts and Katherine's family grow since the writers are always killing off Abbotts. I am bored with the characters on the show, and I don't like many of them. I could do without Phyllis, Michael, Kevin, and Chloe. The stories haven't been very exciting. The characters mentioned are always in fakey, stupid storylines that are annoying and unrealistic. They always get away with their crimes, and I don't like any of them. The execs should get rid of the excess weight and salaries and just cut them and bring back good characters that will help keep the show healthy and fun to watch!

#4   2013/10/08 12:00PM
    Jackie10

Quote djpp: The show has been stupid and boring. I wish Diane was never killed off. In fact, I was hoping Adam and Diane faked her death and paid off the M.E. to go along with it! Although faking Diane's death would have been rather pointless unless they were trying to get Nikki thrown in prison. The Lauren, Michael, Carmine storyline is totally ridiculous especially since Michael and Kevin are constantly saying nasty things about Carmine, yet both of them have done so much worse! It's laughable. Besides, didn't we already see Lauren as a victim way too many times with Sheila Carter and her sister? Why couldn't Lauren just be a cougar having an affair and Michael leaves her and Fen gets angry? What would have been wrong with that? Why does everyone have to become a psycho and not get away with it although Michael, Kevin and Phyllis have? Why are they the only ones who get to be psychos and get away with their crimes? Although Victor and Adam have to be added to that list also. I don't feel sympathetic towards Michael and Kevin. In fact, they are irritating, and I wish they were off the show. I don't want to see Phyllis return. She's extremely annoying. I am sick of Victor always winning everything when viewers know Tucker wouldn't allow Vicpire to take over Chancellor Industries from his family. I would like to see Tucker and Ashley return. In fact, I hope Ashley returns with Tucker's child. It would be logical she would leave because she doesn't want Tucker to know she was pregnant with his child. It would be a good way to make the Abbotts and Katherine's family grow since the writers are always killing off Abbotts. I am bored with the characters on the show, and I don't like many of them. I could do without Phyllis, Michael, Kevin, and Chloe. The stories haven't been very exciting. The characters mentioned are always in fakey, stupid storylines that are annoying and unrealistic. They always get away with their crimes, and I don't like any of them. The execs should get rid of the excess weight and salaries and just cut them and bring back good characters that will help keep the show healthy and fun to watch!

I was hoping this as well. To get back at Daddy Dearest and help her get away with her son and some money Victor was hell bent on denying her after their divorce. I agree about Michael and Kevin being so down on Carmine it took both Lauren and Carmine to cheat. And as you say they have done things themselves. I also agree the story lines have been a bore. Since the last 6 months of MABs crazy reign to present things just dont fit Y&R. Changes need to be made. There are no characters to bring back the good ones were killed off or quit. Or were let go because they were not fitting in to the show like several of the newer ones we have now need to go. Brad, Colleen, Reed, JT, Tracy, Ashley, Nina, Gina, Phillip, Gloria, Jeff, John the ones that helped make Y&R great are either dead or gone not to come back at all or only periodically replaced by a bunch of dead beat characters.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list