List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Good Bye Old Friend

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Bye Old Friend

Started by DirtyBubble at 2013/10/08 08:05AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/08 02:57PM, Views: 2229, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/08 08:05AM
    Good Bye Old Friend
    DirtyBubble

As a long time viewer of The Young and the Restless I am sad to say I am through with watching how utterly disgusting and trashy this show has become. Bill Bell has to be turning in his grave. I watched this show from the beginning with the Brooks sisters and the Prentiss brothers and when Jill and Mrs. C fought over Derek Thurston. I was going to give up viewing when they came up with that stupid storyline of Jill being Lauren's sister. Anyone that was a longtime viewer would know that Jill and Neal Fenmore were the same age so he could not be her father. I decided to give the show another shot. Then they come up with all of those recycled story lines of whose your Daddy and paternity tests being switched. Cane pretending to be Phillip and Chloe tricking Cane and Billy and Chelsea doing the same is snooze time. I was very disappointed in Mrs. C's memorial and her will reading. I would have liked to have seen more involvement with Brock. Giving Devon 2 billion and Victor Chancellor Industries does not follow the history of her character. I think it would have been more effective to give the company to Ashley and the record collection to Devon who by the way is a poor actor with his phony grief. Amber would have made a better choice for her grand child because on the Bold and Beautiful she had a twin sister that was a singer and her mother was a groupie and also played the first Patty Williams role. The stories now are either them jumping in bed with each others mate or the same ole same ole Victor and Jack feud.
    The storyline of that old bag Niki and her long lost son being Dylan is garbage because he is too young to be her son and why do we need another Katherine and Tucker storyline. The upcoming storyline that is the straw that broke the camels back for me is the one with Delia getting hit by a car and dying and her corneas donated to Connor. That is a sad attempt to come up with drama. Didn't we go through that with Colleen and Victor? Tracey donating her heart to save Victor. So now we need another Abbot donating body parts to save a Newman? How goulish!!! The little girl that plays Delia is the cutest and we watched her grow and survive cancer. Instead of killing her off, get rid of Devon, Dylan, Hillary, Mason, Chloe, Abby, Kyle, Summer, Avery. Instead of Niki finding a son they should have had her in an affair with her MS doctor and I don't mean Stitch who is a better actor than Dylan. This used to be a show that would let you forget about your own daily troubles and let you immerse yourself into fantasy of power, wealth, and beauty. Now it is trailor trash!!

#2   2013/10/08 08:25AM
    Re: Good Bye Old Friend
    greengrass

Very well said.If they kill Delia i might be just done with the show too.These writers have no imagination or creativity to have to recycle old s/l that JFP has done on other soaps ,and it wasn't very well received then either.GH lost a lot of viewer's because of that s/l.the same one she is trying to shove down our throats now.This s/l is not going to be very well received and i don't think JFP is going to get the ratings she is hoping for.I think there is going to be a lot of heat going her way and Sony's for allowing her to do this once again.

#3   2013/10/08 08:49AM
    coolkraft

what a great post...than you....as another long time viewer who stopped watching our once great Y & R I follow the boards....

Too bad they ruined such a great soap with all the garbage and more that you mentioned.

#4   2013/10/08 12:41PM
    Ethelmae02

Bravo OP! yes I recall so much of the original Y&R days of this show and the way it is playing out now, yuck! its recycled so much of what we are seeing. I am so growing tired of this dribble.

#5   2013/10/08 12:59PM
    jacksmyguy

As another long-time viewer of Y&R from the earliest days with the Fosters, Phillip Chancellor, et. al., I too think that this show has really lost its substance, believability and creativity since Bill Bell left. I keep praying things will change for the better and I guess I'm just stubborn enough to hang in until things either change for the better or the show gets cancelled. I used to watch so many different soaps and Y&R is the only one I now watch regularly, kind of like Custer's Last Stand for me, so I will continue to hang on and fight for the changes necessary to try to restore this once great show.

#6   2013/10/08 01:05PM
    bukopandan

As much as I do hate the idea of Delia dying, to me it's much more interesting than yet another miscarriage. I do not mean to dismiss those, but miscarriages are used so often as story and are either glossed over or the impact feels out of balance. I did, however, like how the show handled Chelsea's loss and its impact, too, on the future.

#7   2013/10/08 01:16PM
    KeepingItReal

Excellent post OP!

RIP Mr. Bell. I too appreciate the years prior to your death.

It's never really been quite the same. Although I did enjoy the Carmen Mesta s/l and the affair but they never should of killed Dru off....show gone down hill since then.

#8   2013/10/08 02:21PM
    NJ SOAP LADY

This was about the best post regarding the show I too am probably going to stop watching this show...have to see Friday and see if they really will have this child die. So tired of Victor always being the one who wins at everything and he is not grateful he could have died but an Abbott decided to save him and for this he hates the Abbotts I have been a long time soap fan and recently stopped watching GH stories are more than dumb have not watch Days never watched B&B so ....my time without Y&R will be put to better use Good Bye to Y&R

#9   2013/10/08 02:42PM
    lovealldogs

Great post! I agree!
    I too have watched y&r from day ONE and remember the good 'ol days. IMO it started going downhill BIG TIME, when they had Adam going blind, yet he was climbing out windows, down trees and going about his business as if he had 20/20 vision! The whole Ashley miscarriage s/l....and how evil Adam was then they killed off Zapato!! Welp...I stopped watching and just came to this site to keep up with the S/L's. I started watching about a year and 1/2 ago...but think I'll stop again....knowing what's coming. Also....I've always loved watching Victor and Nikki together.....NO MORE>...wish they would Kill off Victor!! Never thought I'd want that...but enough is enough...it isn't even FUN to HATE him anymore.

#10   2013/10/08 02:48PM
    MacDuffy

:( As a long time Canadian fan, you have summed it up very nicely! I agree with you. So sad. As Mom used to say - just bed hoping and killings......... Victor is always winning.
    Thank you - very well put!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list