List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Offices Needed Badly???????????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Offices Needed Badly???????????

Started by chillepepper at 2013/10/02 11:38AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/03 08:55AM, Views: 663, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/02 11:38AM
    Offices Needed Badly???????????
    chillepepper

I agree with so many on here about where the supposedly professional people conduct their business,I simply don't get it,isn't GC a city? You would think that with all the buildings in a city that they would not have to meet in restaurants and coffee shops,especially Avery and Leslie,who are trying to get their law firm off the ground and they are in a public place descussing private confidential things??? What about Devon why is he meeting Chelsea at the GCAC ,doesn't Chelsea have the ex restless style office now? Not that I was too impressed with Devon,he seemed like he thought he should have been someplace else. What about even Victor,does he not own the Newman tower? Please writers put these professionals in offices ,this makes no sense at all. And where was Adam why would Chelsea have to bring the baby to the meeting in the first place,I know I'm on the wrong post but I couldn't find the post where Chelsea was talked about. Anyway why wasn't the baby with the Nanny that Adam supposedly hired ? Just asking.

#2   2013/10/02 02:19PM
    Re: Offices Needed Badly???????????
    Barbyboo

Now it's the park. The park. Avery needs a office or stop doing case in coffee shop!

#3   2013/10/02 02:37PM
    Lanie1959

Quote chillepepper: I agree with so many on here about where the supposedly professional people conduct their business,I simply don't get it,isn't GC a city? You would think that with all the buildings in a city that they would not have to meet in restaurants and coffee shops,especially Avery and Leslie,who are trying to get their law firm off the ground and they are in a public place descussing private confidential things??? What about Devon why is he meeting Chelsea at the GCAC ,doesn't Chelsea have the ex restless style office now? Not that I was too impressed with Devon,he seemed like he thought he should have been someplace else. What about even Victor,does he not own the Newman tower? Please writers put these professionals in offices ,this makes no sense at all. And where was Adam why would Chelsea have to bring the baby to the meeting in the first place,I know I'm on the wrong post but I couldn't find the post where Chelsea was talked about. Anyway why wasn't the baby with the Nanny that Adam supposedly hired ? Just asking.

it's matter of economics it costs money to build sets and building materials have skyrocketed in the past decade. reusing sets and get as many scenes out of set leave money to pay for production cost which are also astronautical ...it was a lot different in the 70s and 80s and even the nineties but sponsors have started loosing interest in soaps
    and somebody got to pay for all these offices and extra rooms people keep asking for.

#4   2013/10/02 04:18PM
    alanadz

Hey money is tight!

#5   2013/10/02 04:26PM
    rancher

Suggestion from military vet: Build one large set with office furniture. Then, change out decor, rugs, pictures, etc. for different people. It is really silly to have all the people meeting in public places; the only office is the one at NE; surely they can afford a generic one which can be changed around quickly.

#6   2013/10/02 04:26PM
    rancher

Suggestion from military vet: Build one large set with office furniture. Then, change out decor, rugs, pictures, etc. for different people. It is really silly to have all the people meeting in public places; the only office is the one at NE; surely they can afford a generic one which can be changed around quickly.

#7   2013/10/02 04:57PM
    CdnMama

Quote rancher: Suggestion from military vet: Build one large set with office furniture. Then, change out decor, rugs, pictures, etc. for different people. It is really silly to have all the people meeting in public places; the only office is the one at NE; surely they can afford a generic one which can be changed around quickly.

Exactly. They even do this on Days, if you notice Hope's office looks an awful lot like Justin's office and Marlena's office and everyone else's office in town. They take a generic office and change it up. I cannot understand why Y&R does not get a clue and do this asap. It looks silly for Avery and Victor etc etc to be doing business outside in a park for goodness sake or a coffee shop. Coffee shop for coffee break but that's about it. They've become so silly doing this.

#8   2013/10/02 05:32PM
    notsorestless

Quote Lanie1959:
    Quote chillepepper: I agree with so many on here about where the supposedly professional people conduct their business,I simply don't get it,isn't GC a city? You would think that with all the buildings in a city that they would not have to meet in restaurants and coffee shops,especially Avery and Leslie,who are trying to get their law firm off the ground and they are in a public place descussing private confidential things??? What about Devon why is he meeting Chelsea at the GCAC ,doesn't Chelsea have the ex restless style office now? Not that I was too impressed with Devon,he seemed like he thought he should have been someplace else. What about even Victor,does he not own the Newman tower? Please writers put these professionals in offices ,this makes no sense at all. And where was Adam why would Chelsea have to bring the baby to the meeting in the first place,I know I'm on the wrong post but I couldn't find the post where Chelsea was talked about. Anyway why wasn't the baby with the Nanny that Adam supposedly hired ? Just asking.

it's matter of economics it costs money to build sets and building materials have skyrocketed in the past decade. reusing sets and get as many scenes out of set leave money to pay for production cost which are also astronautical ...it was a lot different in the 70s and 80s and even the nineties but sponsors have started loosing interest in soaps
    and somebody got to pay for all these offices and extra rooms people keep asking for.

A year ago there was a set for Jabot and Newman Enterprises (didn't they even have a break room), Billy had that office where they did the magazine. but can't say I remember one for Chancellor's though. Even Adam and Skye had an office of sorts.

#9   2013/10/03 07:24AM
    Soap Fan

Besides Avery, Leslie and Micheal I dont view any other chrachter on this show as a "professial''. They just talk about business for a few hours and go back to bed hopping and complaing about their lifes.

#10   2013/10/03 08:55AM
    notsorestless

Bold and the Beautiful has multiple offices, with reception area's, staging area's for photographers etc. They also have homes for most of the character's some with multiple rooms.

Before the ranch burned down, it had the living room, bar area and stairs, and Victor's bedroom.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list