List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: SPOILER: Dylan's Mother & Father & Adoption

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SPOILER: Dylan's Mother & Father & Adoption

Started by omegared at 2013/10/01 05:48PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/06 11:19AM, Views: 10601, Replies: 27
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/02 03:25AM
    Re: SPOILER: Dylan's Mother & Father & Adoption
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Charlie Big: In all of the years that Y&R has been on daytime, I don't believe that I have ever seen a more poorly written storyline as the one with Dylan being Nikki's long lost son that she gave up years ago. How stupid do they take us for? Nikki was never in a commune being repeatedly raped by a commune facilitator. Also, Nikki is not the kind of character who would have ever given up a child, no matter what the circumstances. But, Phelps wants to make an important place for her favorite actor so she makes him the son of a vet, an important vet like Nikki Newman. Sheer stupidity! It is almost as bad as making Jessica Collins Phyllis's sister. We all know that Phyllis was created and written as an only child and to bring in this new character they attach her to Phyllis? How lazy and stupid are these writers? Don't they take the time to at least learn something about the history of this show before they sit down to massacre it? This is just another not so well thought out storyline that has already failed.

Problem is Phelps and Angelica McDaniel have publicly admitted that neither one ever watched the show and know nothing of the history. Neither one care about the accuracy. I think hiring Phelps in the first place was a mistake. AM is head of CBS Daytime, since she admits she knows nothing about the show, the least she could do is have an EP for Y&R that does.

I don't care if they re-write history. Writers for soaps do that all the time. I resent the fact they are making Dylan a member of a core family as you pointed out.

#12   2013/10/02 12:28PM
    alanadz

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Charlie Big: In all of the years that Y&R has been on daytime, I don't believe that I have ever seen a more poorly written storyline as the one with Dylan being Nikki's long lost son that she gave up years ago. How stupid do they take us for? Nikki was never in a commune being repeatedly raped by a commune facilitator. Also, Nikki is not the kind of character who would have ever given up a child, no matter what the circumstances. But, Phelps wants to make an important place for her favorite actor so she makes him the son of a vet, an important vet like Nikki Newman. Sheer stupidity! It is almost as bad as making Jessica Collins Phyllis's sister. We all know that Phyllis was created and written as an only child and to bring in this new character they attach her to Phyllis? How lazy and stupid are these writers? Don't they take the time to at least learn something about the history of this show before they sit down to massacre it? This is just another not so well thought out storyline that has already failed.

Problem is Phelps and Angelica McDaniel have publicly admitted that neither one ever watched the show and know nothing of the history. Neither one care about the accuracy. I think hiring Phelps in the first place was a mistake. AM is head of CBS Daytime, since she admits she knows nothing about the show, the least she could do is have an EP for Y&R that does.

I don't care if they re-write history. Writers for soaps do that all the time. I resent the fact they are making Dylan a member of a core family as you pointed out.

Why can't Dylan be a member of a core family?

#13   2013/10/02 01:03PM
    jhaxx

i hope its Dylan, he needs a little sunshine before Sharon hits on him and that would make a very interesting SL Dylan pulled apart by Victor Nick and Adam

#14   2013/10/02 01:13PM
    Alayne

The whole storyline has been written as nothing more than a way to ingrain Dylan into a core family on the show. Doesn't matter that those of us who have watched for years KNOW that Nikki never had another child. All that matters is that Dylan remains in frontburner arcs.

I wouldn't even mind the history rewrite if Stitch turned out to be Nikki's long lost son. He's been introduced slowly and the audience has been given the time to decide if WE like him, and I do like him. He's been leaps and bounds more interesting in his very few scenes than Dylan has been in his many, many episodes written around him.

I resent the hell out of Dylan being shoehorned into the show the way he has been because JFP thinks SB is a star.

#15   2013/10/02 01:31PM
    LoganH8tr

I wouldn't mind either man being Nikki's son. I like both of them....esp Stitch...that is on sexy BLEEP!

#16   2013/10/02 01:56PM
    Havasu addict

The "the" is always plausible! Lol

#17   2013/10/02 02:23PM
    FL senior fan

Quote omegared:
    Quote ping123: It's Stitch not Dylan.

It's Dylan.

Nelson Branco confirmed it's Dylan.

Stitch is just a diversion.

----------------------------
    The Sister Paul spoke with could not readily find a picture; however...I'm counting on her going thru some boxes (as she mentioned) and sending one to Paul. IMO it will be Dylan in uniform!

#18   2013/10/02 05:20PM
    lambykint

Quote FL senior fan:
    Quote omegared:
    Quote ping123: It's Stitch not Dylan.

It's Dylan.

Nelson Branco confirmed it's Dylan.

Stitch is just a diversion.

----------------------------
    The Sister Paul spoke with could not readily find a picture; however...I'm counting on her going thru some boxes (as she mentioned) and sending one to Paul. IMO it will be Dylan in uniform!

He doesn't need a picture. All he needs is the name. Either Rayburn or McAvoy.

#19   2013/10/03 09:50AM
    hotspice58

I agree about the storyline not making sense. Making him Victor's son would make more sense as he moved around alot and was on his own at 16. Nikki was always in Genoa city. She was molested by her father; her mother knew; she and Paul had a thing. Her history is right there. They need a writer who's invested in the show.

#20   2013/10/03 10:40AM
    LadyAries

I like them both, too. Very sexy and humble REAL men. I don't understand all the hateraid being thrown at poor Dylan though. I like and empathize with that character and think he and Avery belong together. Now her, on the other hand - she gets on my nerves by not being honest about her own shortcomings and admitting her true feelings about Dylan.

Team Dylan!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list