List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Started by Lee4748 at 2013/10/01 02:20PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/03 04:19AM, Views: 3376, Replies: 47
    « 1 2 3 4 5 page:
    #41   2013/10/02 03:30PM
    Re: Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?
    alanadz

Quote Lee4748: I assume that Nikki is supposed to be in her mid to late 50's. I am in my early 60's and I wear my hair just above my shoulders as do most of my lady friends. Why do these shows think that every character has to have such long locks especially when they are mature women? IMO they look ridiculous. I have never seen one older woman past 50 with such long flowing hair yet, except on these soaps. What's the purpose? We know their ages on the show. I would much prefer becoming, modern hairstyles conducive to their age group.

My feeling is it's her hair on her head, she can do what she wants. Why should anyone else care?

#42   2013/10/02 04:23PM
    Tybee Island

Excuse me for my fashion mistake. I am 56 and have long blonde hair which is mid-back length. It is straight and healthy. I am constantly stopped by friends and strangers and told how beautiful my hair is. I will continue with my fashion mistake as long as I can. There is no age limit for hair cuts. I WILL NOT have one of those "helmut head" hair cuts, ever.

#43   2013/10/02 04:34PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote Tybee Island: Excuse me for my fashion mistake. I am 56 and have long blonde hair which is mid-back length. It is straight and healthy. I am constantly stopped by friends and strangers and told how beautiful my hair is. I will continue with my fashion mistake as long as I can. There is no age limit for hair cuts. I WILL NOT have one of those "helmut head" hair cuts, ever.

Good for you! It was not that long ago that it was taboo for females to wear pants--in spite of their legs freezing during the colder months and getting fried during the warmer, make that hotter, months. Where do the responsibilities of the fashion police end?

#44   2013/10/02 05:10PM
    bukopandan

I don't care what people want their hair to look like in real life, but on the soap I do find that Nikki's hair is looking blah these days. I think it's too white-blond looking at that length with those curls and, well, kind of frumpy looking. It takes over her face. While watching today, I was smiling (couldn't help but smile)as Nikki and Stitch (and the other doc) interacted. I loved those scenes! And I thought about how much I can love Nikki when she is like that and not talking with her nose up in the air and trashing others. The only thing was, her hair really was a distraction for me.

#45   2013/10/02 05:17PM
    bukopandan

Quote Lee4748: Yes it does seem out of place to a lot of us viewers. This same topic was discussed on another message board and everyone agreed that it is odd for a woman in a certain age bracket to wear her hair as long as a young girl.

It is the same as commenting on an outfit that may have been too tight on one of the actresses or when Chloe was wearing glitzy hot pants in the middle of the day. It was just one person 's observation. And being sarcastic or deriding someone's comments is rude. And for those of you who were sarcastic in discussing this topic I suggest you behave more mannerly when discussing a topic.

We've often discussed Lauren's hair and most have agreed that it is too Rapunzel-y, but I guess because Nikki is older she is not to be critiqued in the same way. That's what I'm sensing. I'm over fifty. I'm not picking on older women for wearing long hair! I just think that Nikki's hair right now doesn't show off her lovely face the way some of her past looks have. And just because hair extensions are the thing now and are fun to play with doens't mean everyone should start using them!

#46   2013/10/02 05:28PM
    Momma Loop

I don't think one should cut their hair because they are a certain age. I think it depends on the person, though. I like MTS's hair. Lauren's hair, however, drives me crazy! Not the length so much, but the style is EXACTLY the same every single day!! Please, put some combs in it, pull it up in an updo, wear it straight once in a while, but DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT for a change.But please loose the Farrah Fawcett "do", please!!

#47   2013/10/02 10:29PM
    Tybee Island

Quote Momma Loop: I don't think one should cut their hair because they are a certain age. I think it depends on the person, though. I like MTS's hair. Lauren's hair, however, drives me crazy! Not the length so much, but the style is EXACTLY the same every single day!! Please, put some combs in it, pull it up in an updo, wear it straight once in a while, but DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT for a change.But please loose the Farrah Fawcett "do", please!!

I agree! Comb it, pull it back, put it up, get it out of her face, something, anything.

#48   2013/10/03 04:19AM
    hopey pix

Definately cut it,she's looking too old lately!!Lauren and Gloria should have a Glamor-rama like on AMC before!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list