List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Started by Lee4748 at 2013/10/01 02:20PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/03 04:19AM, Views: 4043, Replies: 47
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #31   2013/10/02 12:12PM
    Re: Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?
    trinilisa

Quote Gideon58: I don't think the OP is saying that people shouldn't wear their hair the way they please, I just think they're saying that a shorter cut might be more flattering to Melody Thomas Scott and I completely agree. I think a shorter cut wouldn't hurt Tracey Bregman either.

See, I think that hair is so very personal that it's hard to say something about a character's hair and distinguish it from the actress. You said it yourself; shorter cuts would work on TB and MTS, not on Nikki and Lauren, and you're correct in saying it that way, imho, but I think that there's a fine line between criticising the character (who is fake and can't cut her own hair) and the actress portraying that character (who is real and can)....jmho

#32   2013/10/02 12:14PM
    Butterfly_Ki...

Quote Lee4748: I assume that Nikki is supposed to be in her mid to late 50's. I am in my early 60's and I wear my hair just above my shoulders as do most of my lady friends. Why do these shows think that every character has to have such long locks especially when they are mature women? IMO they look ridiculous. I have never seen one older woman past 50 with such long flowing hair yet, except on these soaps. What's the purpose? We know their ages on the show. I would much prefer becoming, modern hairstyles conducive to their age group.

seriously, does it really matter what her hair looks like? As women we constantly worry about EVERYTHING. I love her hair, I think it's beautiful. But as long as she's happy...it wouldn't matter if she were bald.

#33   2013/10/02 12:29PM
    Lee4748

Yes it does seem out of place to a lot of us viewers. This same topic was discussed on another message board and everyone agreed that it is odd for a woman in a certain age bracket to wear her hair as long as a young girl.

It is the same as commenting on an outfit that may have been too tight on one of the actresses or when Chloe was wearing glitzy hot pants in the middle of the day. It was just one person 's observation. And being sarcastic or deriding someone's comments is rude. And for those of you who were sarcastic in discussing this topic I suggest you behave more mannerly when discussing a topic.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/02 12:33PM
    #34   2013/10/02 12:32PM
    Butterfly_Ki...

MOM ??

#35   2013/10/02 12:40PM
    trinilisa

I guess we got told...
    I hope I'm able to have my hair as nice as MTS/Nikki has hers by the time I'm her age...I am 37 right now and will not cut my hair short when I turn 40 because I prefer my hair longer...I can do more with it that way...kudos to MTS and TB for having their hair the way they want...

#36   2013/10/02 12:54PM
    Butterfly_Ki...

Quote trinilisa: I guess we got told...
    I hope I'm able to have my hair as nice as MTS/Nikki has hers by the time I'm her age...I am 37 right now and will not cut my hair short when I turn 40 because I prefer my hair longer...I can do more with it that way...kudos to MTS and TB for having their hair the way they want...

I'm going on 50...lol wow. That made it sound real. I have no plans on cutting my hair just yet lol.

We have soldiers being shot and killed, a government gone crazy..only to mention a couple things. The length of a woman's hair, is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. And no...not trying to be rude to anyone. I just think there are more important things to worry about.

#37   2013/10/02 12:55PM
    YR2013

Quote Lee4748: Yes it does seem out of place to a lot of us viewers. This same topic was discussed on another message board and everyone agreed that it is odd for a woman in a certain age bracket to wear her hair as long as a young girl.

It is the same as commenting on an outfit that may have been too tight on one of the actresses or when Chloe was wearing glitzy hot pants in the middle of the day. It was just one person 's observation. And being sarcastic or deriding someone's comments is rude. And for those of you who were sarcastic in discussing this topic I suggest you behave more mannerly when discussing a topic.

IA it is out of place and you're right, discussing their hair is no different than making comments about their clothing. I thought Chloe was a walking disco bulb in those shorts I had to laugh.

MTS is a beautiful woman, but I think she should pull out the extensions and up for the shorter look. The longer hair DOES look out of place. I don't know if it's the hair that bother me more, or the constant look of constipation on her face(not bashing the actress because I'm sure she doesn't walk around looking that way).

Lauren can use an update pronto! She needs to lose the fried long hair, leather jacket and wear her size of clothing so her girls are tucked away nicely, especially when she's suppose to be an upscale business woman. I think she will look fab in a short sassy hair cut.

#38   2013/10/02 12:57PM
    YR2013

Sure you can have it look beautiful, just do what they do, add extensions if need be.

#39   2013/10/02 12:58PM
    Lee4748

Quote Butterfly_Kissess196:

I'm going on 50...lol wow. That made it sound real. I have no plans on cutting my hair just yet lol.

We have soldiers being shot and killed, a government gone crazy..only to mention a couple things. The length of a woman's hair, is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. And no...not trying to be rude to anyone. I just think there are more important things to worry about.

who said anything about worrying? It us a discussion on a message board. Then the message boards should be put on hold indefinitely because there are too many problems in the world? This is ludicrous,

#40   2013/10/02 02:10PM
    Havasu addict

They should cut it short, perm it, and set it on rollers to get the 50s big hair look.

I dont care what they look like, i just want believable S/Ls.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list