List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Started by Lee4748 at 2013/10/01 02:20PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/03 04:19AM, Views: 3869, Replies: 47
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2013/10/01 05:30PM
    Re: Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?
    dairymaid

Quote ThornsandRoses:
    Quote dairymaid:
    Quote ThornsandRoses:
    Quote Lanie1959: My best friend is 65 and has hair down to her butt and it's beautiful, it bothers me when other people want to push their fashion sense onto others especially older women. I think by the time we get to Nikki's age we have paid our dues and should wear our hair and clothes anyway we please ...

Standing ovation from me. I will be 59 in December. I wear my hair the way I like and will continue to do so as long as I am capable of taking care of it or paying someone to take care of it and I am also capable of making decisions for myself. Why should how someone wears their hair have to do with a number they have no control over?

And why does this type of comment always seem to be primarily directed at women (not referring to the OP but the idea in general). I don't ever remember hearing a man should wear his hair shorter because he is over some arbitrary age. And what should the specific age be to shorten ones hair be anyway, somewhere between 35 and 150 depending who is asked?

For some of our older women, a head full of long beautiful hair, even if it is pure white, might be the highlight of their day, especially since we know that chemotherapy usually robs a person of their hair. I actually wish that more of our older people, especially women, who can take care of it would wear their hair longer as a symbol of being cancer free instead of thinking that they are an antique who should not wear their hair beyond a certain length. Long hair is not something that should be done away with when one is older and can take care of it. It should be a symbol of pride, pride that you have attained your years, you can still make decisions for yourself, and that cancer treatments have not robbed you of your hair.

JMHO, but again, standing ovation to you Lanie1959.

I agree with you ThornsandRoses and we are the same age (I am a month older than you) and your statement especially about chemo robbing an individual of their tresses is very touching. Wonderful post!

Thanks dairymaid. Speaking from personal experience on the tresses. Attended the funeral of 52-year-old sister-in-law yesterday, 9-30. She was an identical twin and always wore her hair up when around family who didn't see them often and might have trouble determining who was who. When she found out she had cancer a little over a year ago, already stage 4, one of the first things she did was have her hair cut short because she knew what chemo would probably do to it. The surviving twin still has her hair long. If she lives to be late 50s or older, I hope she still has her hair long--to her knee caps wouldn't bother me. At least she would still be alive to have it that long.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May God Bless You and Family.

#22   2013/10/01 06:02PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote dairymaid:
    Quote ThornsandRoses:
    Quote dairymaid:
    Quote ThornsandRoses:
    Quote Lanie1959: My best friend is 65 and has hair down to her butt and it's beautiful, it bothers me when other people want to push their fashion sense onto others especially older women. I think by the time we get to Nikki's age we have paid our dues and should wear our hair and clothes anyway we please ...

Standing ovation from me. I will be 59 in December. I wear my hair the way I like and will continue to do so as long as I am capable of taking care of it or paying someone to take care of it and I am also capable of making decisions for myself. Why should how someone wears their hair have to do with a number they have no control over?

And why does this type of comment always seem to be primarily directed at women (not referring to the OP but the idea in general). I don't ever remember hearing a man should wear his hair shorter because he is over some arbitrary age. And what should the specific age be to shorten ones hair be anyway, somewhere between 35 and 150 depending who is asked?

For some of our older women, a head full of long beautiful hair, even if it is pure white, might be the highlight of their day, especially since we know that chemotherapy usually robs a person of their hair. I actually wish that more of our older people, especially women, who can take care of it would wear their hair longer as a symbol of being cancer free instead of thinking that they are an antique who should not wear their hair beyond a certain length. Long hair is not something that should be done away with when one is older and can take care of it. It should be a symbol of pride, pride that you have attained your years, you can still make decisions for yourself, and that cancer treatments have not robbed you of your hair.

JMHO, but again, standing ovation to you Lanie1959.

I agree with you ThornsandRoses and we are the same age (I am a month older than you) and your statement especially about chemo robbing an individual of their tresses is very touching. Wonderful post!

Thanks dairymaid. Speaking from personal experience on the tresses. Attended the funeral of 52-year-old sister-in-law yesterday, 9-30. She was an identical twin and always wore her hair up when around family who didn't see them often and might have trouble determining who was who. When she found out she had cancer a little over a year ago, already stage 4, one of the first things she did was have her hair cut short because she knew what chemo would probably do to it. The surviving twin still has her hair long. If she lives to be late 50s or older, I hope she still has her hair long--to her knee caps wouldn't bother me. At least she would still be alive to have it that long.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May God Bless You and Family.

Another thanks dairymaid. My personal loss doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as my frustration in trying to figure out how to make people realize that what they think they want may not really be anywhere where near what they really want.

My mother died when I was 19, a little over 40 years ago. I could make a list of people I lost when I was much younger than 59 and people are really concerned about how long someone's hair is--even if they are actors on TV? If Nikki or MTS wore dreadlocks, why should anyone other than MTS's husband care? Kid's might care, but they shouldn't have any major input either. People in this world need to start realizing what is really important, and how anyone wears their hair is definitely not on the list.

#23   2013/10/01 06:37PM
    leprecaun28

I'm not sure why some people think that when you're over 40 you need to have short hair.....
    why don't you rip into "Jill's" hairstyle since she's been growing it for a while.....
    Lauren's hair colour could use a touching up, Vikki could use a defrizzer or something....something needs to be done with Chloe's hair, Sharon is growing her bangs out again.....
    who cares anyway?

#24   2013/10/01 06:52PM
    pgl35

Quote leprecaun28: I'm not sure why some people think that when you're over 40 you need to have short hair.....
    why don't you rip into "Jill's" hairstyle since she's been growing it for a while.....
    Lauren's hair colour could use a touching up, Vikki could use a defrizzer or something....something needs to be done with Chloe's hair, Sharon is growing her bangs out again.....
    who cares anyway?

I love this post. Yes, who cares? We all wear our hair the way we want to and not everybody's gonna like it.

#25   2013/10/01 06:52PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote leprecaun28: I'm not sure why some people think that when you're over 40 you need to have short hair.....
    who cares anyway?

Exactly! And if they do care, they shouldn't.

#26   2013/10/01 07:15PM
    Angel228

Quote HOT PINK: I think Nikki (MTS) looks wonderful with long hair. She is a beautiful woman, and I can tell George Guzman and his team love creating different hairstyles for her. I don't believe I've ever seen Nikki with a really short style. And, in my opinion, I don't think a short cut would suit her. But, I could be wrong. I have to say my mom thinks every women over the age of 40 should wear very short hairstyles. How boring that would be, if you ask me.

Actually, several years ago (quite a few, maybe 7 or 8?) when Nicki was running for a government position, she had her hair cut in a very short and sassy style and it suited her perfectly. I loved it. I was very disappointed when they let it grow back. The same could be said of Chloe. When she first came on the show her hair was very short and adorable. Now it is long and boring. Another disappointment. I agree that people should be able to choose their own hairstyles, but it seems strange to me that this many women ALL want to have long hair and none of them want a fashionable style. I really think that it is producers and writers and such that are enforcing the long hair rule. I think that left to their own choice, more of the actresses on this show would have shorter styles.

#27   2013/10/01 07:37PM
    dafyduc

You and I don't often agree, but Amen on this one!!!!

#28   2013/10/01 09:01PM
    Barbyboo

Honey boo boo style

#29   2013/10/02 11:47AM
    vikis3

I am over 40 and this past summer my hair was past my butt and I got it cut to shoulder length...I like it both ways, my point, age did not dictate the cut, but my choice did.

#30   2013/10/02 12:03PM
    trinilisa

I'm not sure whether it's Nikki the character or MTS the actress's choice to keep her hair long. Is it in their contracts that CBS owns their hair? I'm not trying to be rude, I really am curious.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list