List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Started by Lee4748 at 2013/10/01 02:20PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/03 04:19AM, Views: 3881, Replies: 47
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/01 02:20PM
    Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?
    Lee4748

I assume that Nikki is supposed to be in her mid to late 50's. I am in my early 60's and I wear my hair just above my shoulders as do most of my lady friends. Why do these shows think that every character has to have such long locks especially when they are mature women? IMO they look ridiculous. I have never seen one older woman past 50 with such long flowing hair yet, except on these soaps. What's the purpose? We know their ages on the show. I would much prefer becoming, modern hairstyles conducive to their age group.

#2   2013/10/01 02:26PM
    Re: Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?
    Lanie1959

My best friend is 65 and has hair down to her butt and it's beautiful, it bothers me when other people want to push their fashion sense onto others especially older women. I think by the time we get to Nikki's age we have paid our dues and should wear our hair and clothes anyway we please ...

#3   2013/10/01 02:52PM
    Gideon58

I don't think the OP is saying that people shouldn't wear their hair the way they please, I just think they're saying that a shorter cut might be more flattering to Melody Thomas Scott and I completely agree. I think a shorter cut wouldn't hurt Tracey Bregman either.

#4   2013/10/01 03:45PM
    arlenegay

I think y & r hair stylist got a really good deal on hair extentions. all the women remind me of repunzel.

#5   2013/10/01 03:53PM
    Lee4748

Quote Gideon58: I don't think the OP is saying that people shouldn't wear their hair the way they please, I just think they're saying that a shorter cut might be more flattering to Melody Thomas Scott and I completely agree. I think a shorter cut wouldn't hurt Tracey Bregman either.

Thank you Gideon58. Anyone can wear their hair the way they wish. I live in a big city 20 minutes from Manhattan so I do not live in the country. I also am involved in many organizations in my town and run into a lot of older women in their late 50's and I have never met anyone that wears their hair as long as Nikki did today. And I agree Lauren needs to update her hairdo also. But my question was why do the studios think the older characters have to have extremely long hair on their shows as the younger female characters do. What are they trying to prove?

#6   2013/10/01 03:56PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote Lanie1959: My best friend is 65 and has hair down to her butt and it's beautiful, it bothers me when other people want to push their fashion sense onto others especially older women. I think by the time we get to Nikki's age we have paid our dues and should wear our hair and clothes anyway we please ...

Standing ovation from me. I will be 59 in December. I wear my hair the way I like and will continue to do so as long as I am capable of taking care of it or paying someone to take care of it and I am also capable of making decisions for myself. Why should how someone wears their hair have to do with a number they have no control over?

And why does this type of comment always seem to be primarily directed at women (not referring to the OP but the idea in general). I don't ever remember hearing a man should wear his hair shorter because he is over some arbitrary age. And what should the specific age be to shorten ones hair be anyway, somewhere between 35 and 150 depending who is asked?

For some of our older women, a head full of long beautiful hair, even if it is pure white, might be the highlight of their day, especially since we know that chemotherapy usually robs a person of their hair. I actually wish that more of our older people, especially women, who can take care of it would wear their hair longer as a symbol of being cancer free instead of thinking that they are an antique who should not wear their hair beyond a certain length. Long hair is not something that should be done away with when one is older and can take care of it. It should be a symbol of pride, pride that you have attained your years, you can still make decisions for yourself, and that cancer treatments have not robbed you of your hair.

JMHO, but again, standing ovation to you Lanie1959.

#7   2013/10/01 04:05PM
    HOT PINK

I think Nikki (MTS) looks wonderful with long hair. She is a beautiful woman, and I can tell George Guzman and his team love creating different hairstyles for her. I don't believe I've ever seen Nikki with a really short style. And, in my opinion, I don't think a short cut would suit her. But, I could be wrong. I have to say my mom thinks every women over the age of 40 should wear very short hairstyles. How boring that would be, if you ask me.

#8   2013/10/01 04:28PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote HOT PINK: I think Nikki (MTS) looks wonderful with long hair. She is a beautiful woman, and I can tell George Guzman and his team love creating different hairstyles for her. I don't believe I've ever seen Nikki with a really short style. And, in my opinion, I don't think a short cut would suit her. But, I could be wrong. I have to say my mom thinks every women over the age of 40 should wear very short hairstyles. How boring that would be, if you ask me.

HOT PINK, what you said about what your mom thinks about women over 40 proves the point that I tried to make. What age is the magic number, 35, 40, 45, 50, 62, 65, 70 or any number before, between, or after? If you asked a 13 year old, they might say 25.

#9   2013/10/01 04:28PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote HOT PINK: I think Nikki (MTS) looks wonderful with long hair. She is a beautiful woman, and I can tell George Guzman and his team love creating different hairstyles for her. I don't believe I've ever seen Nikki with a really short style. And, in my opinion, I don't think a short cut would suit her. But, I could be wrong. I have to say my mom thinks every women over the age of 40 should wear very short hairstyles. How boring that would be, if you ask me.

Duplicated, again. Sorry.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/01 04:29PM
    #10   2013/10/01 04:43PM
    hopey pix

I don't mind the length so much!MTS always seems to favor long hair.But,does it have to be so greasy looking?It seems to make her look older!

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list