List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: "IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

"IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/09/21 02:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/25 02:19PM, Views: 4345, Replies: 145
    « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:
    #81   2013/09/22 09:02PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote troycody: ok so Sharon says (thinks) she is fine as she is, will she be on a drunken episode the next time something big happens, this is my personal opinion, so if you want to come down on me I wont take i personally, BUT I have never believed that Sharon had BiPolar disease, she was drunk out of her mind when the ranch burnt oown. she appears needy,and desparate at times to me.
    she's always been this way..needy and clingy and dependant on men to save her or just be with her at all costs. she is downright pathetic to watch right now.

#82   2013/09/22 09:05PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote lilie: no disrespect Yale Steam, but I don't believe anyone would choose to have a mental illness.

because if that would be the case, then it would truly be sad

GREAT POST!

That's why its called mental illness she may not realize what she is doing.
    oh please! guess you missed the show where she was bragging about burning down someone's house. What if staff were inside or upstairs as the house burned to the ground. Arson is NOT funny. Its a serious crime where firemen and people can die. Whats funny about that? she knows what she did and does. She knows she isnt taking her meds and seeing ghost cassie. She knows.

#83   2013/09/22 09:11PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote Jackie10:
    Quote Yale Steam: She is off her meds and she refuses treatment. No excuses of illness nor free passes.

She is indirectly responsible for what happen to Phyllis and she changed Nick's letter creating hell for Summer.

Josh says Sharon is sick? We it's her own fault and it's her choice.

Sharon is not responsible for Phyllis' accident. And Sharon is not taking her meds because she IS SICK. Patients often feel their meds arent working or making them worse and they stop taking them not because the choose to be sick but because they are sick and things arent making sense to them.
    she is responsible for Phylis's accident. Had she NOT chased her down like a loonybird to the staircase and yanked over her phone, same thing happened at the clifftop where Dru fell, Phylis might not have fallen. She was trying to escape from the wacko Sharon who also left her hurt at the bottom of the stairs and didnt call 911. That the least one human being can do for another is call 911 if they are hurt and injured. Sharon's doctor has given her sound advise which she chooses to ignore. Not feeling sorry for her one bit.

#84   2013/09/22 09:12PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote troycody: ok so Sharon says (thinks) she is fine as she is, will she be on a drunken episode the next time something big happens, this is my personal opinion, so if you want to come down on me I wont take i personally, BUT I have never believed that Sharon had BiPolar disease, she was drunk out of her mind when the ranch burnt oown. she appears needy,and desparate at times to me.

She doesn't only appear needy and desperate, she IS needy and desperate! As for the alcohol, she was drinking at the bar and picking up men when she was supposedly taking her meds. Meds and alcohol do not mix! Anyone with a grain of common sense knows that! (Oh, wait, we are talking about Sharon here!) I never bought the BP nonsense either! I have been saying all along, and believe me caught a lot of flack for it, that Sharon is a sociopath! Patients with BP feel remorse! Sharon never has! Not once! Not ever! Sociopaths go merrily along through life, destroying other people's lives to get what they want! With no regard for how it effects anyone else! That description fits Sharon to a T, if you ask me!
    great post Cajun.

#85   2013/09/22 09:16PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote pepperboy: Everyone can call the 'situation' with Sharon as they see it but she IS responsible for Phyllis's fall, she IS insane, and she DID sleep with Victor. l don't get pleasure in low rating her anymore because she IS sick and has always been we just didn't have a name for until lately, and she always will be sick but l hope she gets help. The only reason she suddenly wanted Nick again is cause Adam rejected her.
    yes so true. As I said earlier, she is the main reason Phylis fell cause she stalked her to the gala in the stairwell and she left her injured and hurt. Now if Sharon were the one who fell and Phylis left her hurt and didnt call 911, it would BAD Phylis as usual. How dare you leave Sharon! yeah she only wants Nick cause Adam kicked her to the curb. He shouldnt have picked her up after his daddy was with her anyways. Thats just nasty.

#86   2013/09/22 09:19PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote Spike1976:
    Quote BigBluePlate: My understanding of mental illness is that part of the illness is believing nothing's wrong with you, therefore you stop taking your medications. Yes, Sharon knows she's bipolar, but right now she's on a "high"and is unable to see that a low will come. In Sharon's mind, she's just fine, and that's part of the illness. My sister's friend's son is a paranoid schizophrenic. He knows he has this illness, yet refuses to take his meds sometimes, and all hell breaks loose. I belive the Navy yard's shooter's family knew something was wrong, but couldn't do anything as most laws don't force the mentally ill to take medications. My mom has Alzheimer's, and in the early stages we could not get her to see reason even though she was boarding up windows in the house for fear that one of my sisters would break in, not to mention hiding things in strange places, like her purse in the oven. She didn't refuse medication, thank
    God, but if she had, there would have been little we daughters could do
    from a legal standpoint until she was a danger to herself or others. But by then it's too late in most cases, like with the Navy shooting. So sad. I hope Sharon gets the help she needs before she causes any more damages.

If a person is mentally ill and cannot take care of themselves then the family has to take responsibility for that person. They will have to get the doctor to clear them as insane and take them to a mental institution or hospital. Even if they have not done anything but when diagnose and yet the person is still not following the proper protocol then the family will have the power of attorney.

In Sharon's case, Noah will be the one to make the decision for her since she's incapable of doing it. If they have to strap her up and force the medication down her throat then that's what will happen in order to prevent her from endangering other people. At this point, Sharon is psychotic.

She's psychotic because she has no remorse regarding her action. That's what differentiate between someone mentally ill and not. People that doesn't have mental illness have remorse and guilt and they can differentiate right and wrong.
    excellent! well said. Noah is the one who knows she isnt right in the head and needs to take steps towards committing her.

#87   2013/09/22 09:23PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote BigBluePlate: My understanding of mental illness is that part of the illness is believing nothing's wrong with you, therefore you stop taking your medications. Yes, Sharon knows she's bipolar, but right now she's on a "high"and is unable to see that a low will come. In Sharon's mind, she's just fine, and that's part of the illness. My sister's friend's son is a paranoid schizophrenic. He knows he has this illness, yet refuses to take his meds sometimes, and all hell breaks loose. I belive the Navy yard's shooter's family knew something was wrong, but couldn't do anything as most laws don't force the mentally ill to take medications. My mom has Alzheimer's, and in the early stages we could not get her to see reason even though she was boarding up windows in the house for fear that one of my sisters would break in, not to mention hiding things in strange places, like her purse in the oven. She didn't refuse medication, thank
    God, but if she had, there would have been little we daughters could do
    from a legal standpoint until she was a danger to herself or others. But by then it's too late in most cases, like with the Navy shooting. So sad. I hope Sharon gets the help she needs before she causes any more damages.

What you have said is very valid Big Blue, but the fact remains that Sharon knows right from wrong. She knows that changing that paternity paper was wrong that is why she is trying to hide it. She knows she is scheming and manipulating her child to break up Nick and Avery. She knows it is wrong. If her illness has her so out of control then she should be institutionalized. She told her doctor that she is not doing anything to cause anyone any harm. She knows better. She knows that she is causing harm and BPD is no excuse. She refuses to listen to her doctor. Her doctor is telling her that she may think she is alright but she isn't. She REFUSES to listen. That is on her. She may think she is alright, but she is doing wrong and she knows she is doing wrong. That is why she gets so defensive when someone questions her. This is her fault and she should be held accountable for her own sake as well as the people she is hurting. That goes double for Faith who she is going to have as nutty as she is.
    very true. She has to know that ghost cassie isnt a sane reaction to life. We do not have live chats with our deceased love ones and consider it normal. Faith is in danger being with her in her present state of mind. She hurt Summer without batting a eyelid. Plus the ones covering for her arson act are just as wrong for allowing this.

#88   2013/09/22 09:27PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote countryMomof4: Sharon's shrink knows there is a child involved and if she could do something she would have. Treatment cannot be forced on others unless criteria are met.

Sharon doesn't "want" to be crazy. She doesn't realize how sick she is and until she does, she won't go for help.

Noah can't do anything either other than tell her how she needs to take her medication.

Sharon has joint custody with Nick and so far, she is not endangering Faith.
    so disagree with you. Sharon's doctor cannot do a thing cause of hipa laws. Noah can most certainly have his mom committed on seeing her full bottle of pills and her having his sister in the house and it being a danger to Faith. Yes he certainly can.

#89   2013/09/22 09:31PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote countryMomof4: Dr. Watkins cannot divulge any information about Sharon or her appointments to Nick or anyone else. That is what privacy laws are for.

Dr. Watkins cannot force Sharon to take her meds or come for her visits. Nor can she go to a the police or a judge without just cause. The police cannot act on someone's fears of what another might do. The law is the law.

I am not condoning Sharon's behaviour with Faith but Faith did not like Avery once Nick decided to marry her. Sharon should have reassured Faith that everything would be alright but she didn't and so yes, there she is at fault. But Faith did not break up Navery's relationship.

ITA habby. Many who are homeless have some kind of mental illness.
    homeless or not, if they break the law the cops will take them to a mental home to keep them safe and others safe. Just cause one is homeless dont mean they can harm others or break the laws. there is a place for the criminally insane just the same. I witnessed some cops bringing a out of control cursing women to a mental lockup in handcuffs.

#90   2013/09/22 09:34PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote countryMomof4: ^^^^ Then please share that information.

I know of a Bi-Polar mother who had custody of her only son. She went off her meds and neither her caseworker or her psychiatrist were unable to do anything until she left him alone overnight so she could go drinking. The neighbours reported her to the police and she lost custody but could not be forced back on her medication.
    well at least the child is out of danger as it should be. someone was responsible enough to step up for the child's sake. No child should be left in harms way regardless. thats the adults decision to take meds or not but a child in danger is not excusable whatsoever.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list