List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: "IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

"IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/09/21 02:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/25 02:19PM, Views: 4115, Replies: 145
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:
    #71   2013/09/22 05:24PM
    Re:
    spooch

Quote Squish:
    Quote Blue 501: One of the things the writers had Sharon say is on the button. That is, that the meds make her feel as if she is not herself. Some of the meds make patients just feel numb: not crying but not feeling much of anything. I can see someone going off the meds, in order to have some kind of emotional life, even if it is up & down. Some of them also kill the libido which might be a good thing in Sharon's case, but certainly not much fun for her.

That's not an excuse though, she knows she's capable of some dangerous and criminal behavior when she's off her meds so she has a responsibility to take those medications anyway. This is such a typical Sharon move....she always thinks she knows better than everyone else what is best. Her arrogance and ignorance are her hugest downfalls.

It sure is not an excuse. She knows what she has done and simply does not care who gets hurt as long as she gets Nick. Any Newman will do but right now she has her sights on Nick. RUN NICK RUN.

I guess this is how the writers will have us forgive Nick by making crazy Sharo obsessed over him.. We will all pity him soon, having the town loon hot for his ass.

#72   2013/09/22 05:57PM
    Re:
    spooch

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote gardengal:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote lilie: no disrespect Yale Steam, but I don't believe anyone would choose to have a mental illness.

because if that would be the case, then it would truly be sad

GREAT POST!

That's why its called mental illness she may not realize what she is doing.

Mental illness is not the same as insanity. Insanity is where you don't know what you're doing. After getting dumped by Adam and finding herself alone, Sharon opted to go back to the way she was. There has always been men riding to her rescue in her mental past, and back in her feeble little mind she is hoping for a similar result now. There is something hilarious in the fact that the male who will save her this time will be her son. Don't think that is what Sharon will want, but at least he's a Newman.

Sharon is not insane.....

That is why she is responsible for her actions. She chooses to not take her medication knowing that it makes her manic and do bad things. That is on her. She knows she needs them to be normal.

#73   2013/09/22 05:59PM
    Re:
    spooch

Quote BigBluePlate: My understanding of mental illness is that part of the illness is believing nothing's wrong with you, therefore you stop taking your medications. Yes, Sharon knows she's bipolar, but right now she's on a "high"and is unable to see that a low will come. In Sharon's mind, she's just fine, and that's part of the illness. My sister's friend's son is a paranoid schizophrenic. He knows he has this illness, yet refuses to take his meds sometimes, and all hell breaks loose. I belive the Navy yard's shooter's family knew something was wrong, but couldn't do anything as most laws don't force the mentally ill to take medications. My mom has Alzheimer's, and in the early stages we could not get her to see reason even though she was boarding up windows in the house for fear that one of my sisters would break in, not to mention hiding things in strange places, like her purse in the oven. She didn't refuse medication, thank
    God, but if she had, there would have been little we daughters could do
    from a legal standpoint until she was a danger to herself or others. But by then it's too late in most cases, like with the Navy shooting. So sad. I hope Sharon gets the help she needs before she causes any more damages.

Her doctor told her she is not better and that she needs her meds, she chooses to ignore that advice. That is on Sharon.

#74   2013/09/22 06:02PM
    Re:
    spooch

Quote villyforever55:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote troycody: ok so Sharon says (thinks) she is fine as she is, will she be on a drunken episode the next time something big happens, this is my personal opinion, so if you want to come down on me I wont take i personally, BUT I have never believed that Sharon had BiPolar disease, she was drunk out of her mind when the ranch burnt oown. she appears needy,and desparate at times to me.

She doesn't only appear needy and desperate, she IS needy and desperate! As for the alcohol, she was drinking at the bar and picking up men when she was supposedly taking her meds. Meds and alcohol do not mix! Anyone with a grain of common sense knows that! (Oh, wait, we are talking about Sharon here!) I never bought the BP nonsense either! I have been saying all along, and believe me caught a lot of flack for it, that Sharon is a sociopath! Patients with BP feel remorse! Sharon never has! Not once! Not ever! Sociopaths go merrily along through life, destroying other people's lives to get what they want! With no regard for how it effects anyone else! That description fits Sharon to a T, if you ask me!

BRAVO!! Standing Ovation.

This is the same pathetic, needy, desperate Sharon, just Sharon on steroids.

I agree, and LOL @ Sharon on steriods. How true.

#75   2013/09/22 06:10PM
    Re:
    spooch

Quote lilie:
    Quote Spike1976: Sharon is sick and she knows she has a problem because she's been diagnose but she chooses not to follow the steps to get better. She chose not to because she is in denial and denial is not an excuse. There is no more excuses for her. If her doctor knows that she's not following proper protocol to make herself feel better then her doc can have her institutionalize. Without her meds she's a danger towards society and the doc knows that.
    I'm more surprised that her doctor hasn't taken the steps to take her to an institution. Noah needs to tell her doctor that he found a full bottle of meds. The signs are all there pointing to her being not well now it's Sharon's family to take control of the situation. If a person can't think for themselves then someone else has to. At this point, she has a mind of a child.

well, in a recent interview done by JM, he ensured us viewers that my girl will get the help she desperately need and will be back more healthy and stronger then ever.

so, I'm not worry at all because I know my girl will come out this like CHAMP! TEAM Sharon

#76   2013/09/22 06:14PM
    Re:
    spooch

Quote ajsp35801: As I read these posts, it is quite clear to me that some people do not understand what a mental illness is, especially when it comes to taking medication. You can not levy the same rationales on these people that you do with people with physical illnesses. If Sharon had cancer and refused to take meds, that would be one thing. And everything that is said would be true. It is her fault because she is refusing to get help. No excuses there. But with mental illnesses, if often fools the person like they don't need the medication...or taking the medication fools person like they don't need it because they are feeling better. I have a cousin who suffers from schizophrenia. She wants to be better and does well for a long time with taking her medication and seeing her counselor...then she gets too confident and things go down hill. Then the family has to force her into a mental institution to be medicated against her will until it works and she gets back on track. That's mental illness. I despise Sharon and always have, but having dealt with mental illness first hand, I have the history to know that this is the disease that Sharon has that makes her get off her meds and not some failing in her character that makes her do it.
    I think that is a very arrogant opinion to say that we don't understand mental illness because we think Sharon is responsible for her actions. She knows exactly what she is doing. She should be institutionalized, if she is not responsible for her actions. She has changed a paternity test and burnt someone's home down, and she has used her daughter as a pawn. She needs to be stopped.

#77   2013/09/22 08:53PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote lilie:
    Quote Yale Steam: She is off her meds and she refuses treatment. No excuses of illness nor free passes.

She is indirectly responsible for what happen to Phyllis and she changed Nick's letter creating hell for Summer.

Josh says Sharon is sick? We it's her own fault and it's her choice.

I know right,lol!

#78   2013/09/22 08:54PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote Squish: What I found ironic was that she actually uttered the words "I'm not a danger to myself or others" UM, REALLY??? This is just typical Sharon behavior even with her doctor standing there telling her that her feelings of euphoria were a direct result of her "disease" and that she would inevitably have a crash. I can't feel sympathy for stupid, and Sharon's being stupid.
    she's always been about herself and not consider others. she will throw her own kids under the bus to get Nick back or Adam or some man. Waiting for the crash and burn.

#79   2013/09/22 08:57PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote Squish:
    Quote lilie: no disrespect Yale Steam, but I don't believe anyone would choose to have a mental illness.

because if that would be the case, then it would truly be sad

I don't think Yale Steam was saying that Sharon was choosing to have a mental illness, instead I think the point is that she's choosing to not take her medicine, she's choosing to not take her doctor's advice and she's choosing to ignore that she's got an "illness" that requires constant vigilance and that has no cure, only an propensity for maintenance.
    what an intelligent answer. Thank YOU!she knows she has BP and is refusing to take her meds or do doctor's therapy and she has the means to do so. That is what the OP is clearly saying.

#80   2013/09/22 09:00PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote spotter:
    Quote Squish: What I found ironic was that she actually uttered the words "I'm not a danger to myself or others" UM, REALLY??? This is just typical Sharon behavior even with her doctor standing there telling her that her feelings of euphoria were a direct result of her "disease" and that she would inevitably have a crash. I can't feel sympathy for stupid, and Sharon's being stupid.

I think so too. She is a danger to everyone. Who knows what she is capable. Look what she has done to Summer and Jack and Victor and Nikki. She burnt their home down.
    she is already a danger. Tampering with People's lives and thinking she is clever and getting away with what she does. Faith is in danger being around her right now. What if Nick isnt interested in her and she burns down his home? she shouldnt be roaming around free in her present state.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list