List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: "IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

"IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/09/21 02:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/25 02:19PM, Views: 3798, Replies: 145
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #61   2013/09/22 02:12PM
    Re:
    habbyfan

Quote countryMomof4: Sharon's shrink knows there is a child involved and if she could do something she would have. Treatment cannot be forced on others unless criteria are met.

Sharon doesn't "want" to be crazy. She doesn't realize how sick she is and until she does, she won't go for help.

Noah can't do anything either other than tell her how she needs to take her medication.

Sharon has joint custody with Nick and so far, she is not endangering Faith.
    %

I have heard 90% of people who are walking the streets as homeless are actually Bi-Polar and they can not be forced to take meds or seek help, they have rights.

I also know people who do take meds will from time to time go off meds because they think they are cured and don't think they need meds anymore.

Nobody chooses to be Bi-Polar.

#62   2013/09/22 02:20PM
    Re:
    77RestlessFan

Quote habbyfan:
    Quote countryMomof4: Sharon's shrink knows there is a child involved and if she could do something she would have. Treatment cannot be forced on others unless criteria are met.

Sharon doesn't "want" to be crazy. She doesn't realize how sick she is and until she does, she won't go for help.

Noah can't do anything either other than tell her how she needs to take her medication.

Sharon has joint custody with Nick and so far, she is not endangering Faith.
    %

I have heard 90% of people who are walking the streets as homeless are actually Bi-Polar and they can not be forced to take meds or seek help, they have rights.

I also know people who do take meds will from time to time go off meds because they think they are cured and don't think they need meds anymore.

Nobody chooses to be Bi-Polar.

That is a very sad circumstance. But most of these people do not have the responsibility of dependent children and most have no one to intercede on their behalf. In Sharon's case, she has custody of a minor child. IMO that makes the difference. She also has people that care about both her and Faith. They haven't even tried to pressure her into doing the right thing. That could make all the difference in the world. But no one is paying attention. And Nick is just too stupid for words.

#63   2013/09/22 02:21PM
    Re:
    countryMomof4

Dr. Watkins cannot divulge any information about Sharon or her appointments to Nick or anyone else. That is what privacy laws are for.

Dr. Watkins cannot force Sharon to take her meds or come for her visits. Nor can she go to a the police or a judge without just cause. The police cannot act on someone's fears of what another might do. The law is the law.

I am not condoning Sharon's behaviour with Faith but Faith did not like Avery once Nick decided to marry her. Sharon should have reassured Faith that everything would be alright but she didn't and so yes, there she is at fault. But Faith did not break up Navery's relationship.

ITA habby. Many who are homeless have some kind of mental illness.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/22 02:25PM
    #64   2013/09/22 02:28PM
    Re:
    trixie60

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote lilie:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote lilie: no disrespect Yale Steam, but I don't believe anyone would choose to have a mental illness.

because if that would be the case, then it would truly be sad

OMG the OP was saying Sharon is choosing to be affected by her mental illness (and therefore sick) by not taking her pills and continuing therapy. And that is true!

thank you for your clarification

No problem. You are right. No one would choose to have a mental illness. Or any illness.

ITA Yes, Sharon is making the decision to not go to therapy and not take her medicine. She didn't choose to have bi polar and neither does anyone else who has the illness. What she does about it is most important and she is doing the wrong things to get better. Her therapist is right. She won't always be this happy, like she thinks that she will be. She will crash because bi polars need to take their medicine and it's really important.

#65   2013/09/22 02:28PM
    Re:
    77RestlessFan

Quote countryMomof4: Dr. Watkins cannot divulge any information about Sharon or her appointments to Nick or anyone else. That is what privacy laws are for.

Dr. Watkins cannot force Sharon to take her meds or come for her visits. Nor can she go to a the police or a judge without just cause. The police cannot act on someone's fears of what another might do. The law is the law.

I am not condoning Sharon's behaviour with Faith but Faith did not like Avery once Nick decided to marry her. Sharon should have reassured Faith that everything would be alright but she didn't and so yes, there she is at fault. But Faith did not break up Navery's relationship.

Noah knows she is off her meds. I don't recall weather or not he told Nick. But there are enough people that know, and they could take action. That might be all it takes to make Sharon get her act together and start taking her meds and seeing her shrink again. Someone needs to speak up for Faith's sake.

#66   2013/09/22 02:33PM
    Re:
    countryMomof4

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote countryMomof4: Dr. Watkins cannot divulge any information about Sharon or her appointments to Nick or anyone else. That is what privacy laws are for.

Noah knows she is off her meds. I don't recall weather or not he told Nick. But there are enough people that know, and they could take action. That might be all it takes to make Sharon get her act together and start taking her meds and seeing her shrink again. Someone needs to speak up for Faith's sake.

Take action how? ( Nick doesn't know yet AFAIK.) Of course they should say something but Sharon may or may not listen to them. Whether we like it or not, Sharon doesn't have to listen to anyone. No, it isn't whats best for her at all but that is the way it is.

#67   2013/09/22 02:39PM
    Re:
    habbyfan

Quote 77RestlessFan:

Noah did tell Nick he had suspicion she was off her meds.

Noah also confronted Sharon about the meds he found, she lied and said she had misplaced them but that she had had them refilled, people can lie and make you believe.

DR Watkins has told her she is manic and it is only a matter of time until she crashes.

That is sad and true of Bi-Polar.

#68   2013/09/22 02:47PM
    Re:
    77RestlessFan

There are a myriad of ways to circumvent all of that to protect the well being of a child.

#69   2013/09/22 02:58PM
    Re:
    countryMomof4

^^^^ Then please share that information.

I know of a Bi-Polar mother who had custody of her only son. She went off her meds and neither her caseworker or her psychiatrist were unable to do anything until she left him alone overnight so she could go drinking. The neighbours reported her to the police and she lost custody but could not be forced back on her medication.

#70   2013/09/22 03:38PM
    Re:
    habbyfan

I have a niece who is Bi Polar, she was a brilliant artist but over the years she has put it aside, once she left her two little and decided to follow her new lover who was a race car driver all over the US. She had stopped taking her meds.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list