List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: "IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

"IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/09/21 02:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/25 02:19PM, Views: 4563, Replies: 145
    « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 page:
    #141   2013/09/23 11:33PM
    Re:
    canada gal

Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Lanie1959: Nobody chooses to be mentally ill but she chooses not to medicate............big difference. I don't get her free pass because she knew something was wrong months ago and did not to anything to help her condition, but she can't help that she has the condition.

What if this was anybody else but Sharon would her haters being saying this? I agree with you all the way.

LOL, it is obvious Sharon needs to pay for her sins even while suffering from BPD. She gets no slack, but other characters are granted free passes on top of free passes.

Our heroine, Sharon, sure knows how to get people talking.

#142   2013/09/24 02:12AM
    Re:
    No-Go

Quote quimby:
    Quote proxy:
    Quote quimby:
    Quote purplehearts14: I strongly disagree with everything you've said. Sharon is mentally ill and how can a mentally ill person make rational decisions on their own. It is obvious she can't differentiate between what's real and what's not. And please, Stop blaming Sharon for Cassie's death. Thank you.

Th

Quote Charlie Big: I understand this disease very well and what is so disgusting about Sharon is the fact that for years she has known that she is sick and her mother knew that she is sick also. Instead of being honest with the Newman's from day one, Doris just thought that maybe the Newman's could get through to this idiot and see that she got the help she needed. Sharon spent hears hiding this from Nick and the entire family. This woman had the means, the opportunity and the resources to help herself. Some of it can be her illness but I don't believe for a second that it is all about that. She knows right from wrong. Sharon has been told time and again that she needs to be on medication and she needs to be checking in with her shrink on a regualr basis and instead, she just goes off looking for the next screw to play house with. Sharon is a wallower, she always has been. She should have never been given children because without Nikki, Miquel and Nick to raise them, there is no telling where they would be. Well, we know where Cassie ended up and poor Faith! It was absolutely cruel for Sharon to lazily lay down and not care that she could be pregnant, when she was not capable of caring for a child. We also saw evidence of that when she got the child back from Ashely. Poor Faith has not had any stability in her life, other than being with Nick, since she left Ashely. I am not willing to to say that it is because of her illness that she does the things that she does at all. It may be part of it but Sharon knows what she is doing. She is just getting to old and the illness has become so pregressive that she can't control herself anymore.

When I think of the people out there who would give anything for the kind of resources that this character has and the money to help themselves and I watch this lazy wallower just slop around stalking Nick to get a screw out of him, it makes me sick. To see how she is abusing her child, that she never should have had to begin with, that is the real tragedy. Faith was born in a mental institution! If that doesn't speak loudly as to how sick Sharon is, then no one is actually listening. She wants a screw so badly that she don't care about anything else. The way that she lets herself wallow and squat on that ranch like a desperate lap dog. That is a disgrace! She burned down thier family home and yet she is still trying to force herself on them all, using her children as her meal ticket in the door. They can't stand her and yet, she holds on to Nick like a life support to stay in that family and that poor stupid idiot has yet to wake up to the truth of it all. Any other man would have put Sharon away long before now. She is a threat to society and probably to herslf, when she realizes that she can't get the screw to bandaid the problem anymore. I don't pity her and I don't see her as a victim either. I just see her as lazy and pathetic. Most mentally ill people who can get the help and don't are pathetic.

Sharon just recently found out she has BP. Sharon and her mother have not known she was sick, so to say they knew for years is wrong. To say that people with a mental illness don't get help are pathetic, is offensive. Some don't realize that they are sick. People go off their medication for different reasons, they might not realize the effect that this might cause. I don't for one second you understand this disease or any other mental illness. I am not saying I do, but I deal with my disorder everyday so I can have compassion for someone who is struggling. I know you hate Sharon, but please be aware of what you post.

That is not true. On the show Doris said Sharon has had these issues for years.

Yes Doris said that she had issues, but she was never diagnosed with BP until last year. What big charlie was saying is that they both knew a long time ago she was sick and never got the help she needed. I don't know how BP evolves over time or if it gets worse. I just feel these writer's are exploiting the disorder and making Sharon doing these crazy things to push these stupid storylines.

They did both know she was sick a long time ago but chose to do nothing about it.

#143   2013/09/24 02:29AM
    Re:
    No-Go

Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote Ethelmae02:
    Quote spooch:
    Quote ajsp35801: As I read these posts, it is quite clear to me that some people do not understand what a mental illness is, especially when it comes to taking medication. You can not levy the same rationales on these people that you do with people with physical illnesses. If Sharon had cancer and refused to take meds, that would be one thing. And everything that is said would be true. It is her fault because she is refusing to get help. No excuses there. But with mental illnesses, if often fools the person like they don't need the medication...or taking the medication fools person like they don't need it because they are feeling better. I have a cousin who suffers from schizophrenia. She wants to be better and does well for a long time with taking her medication and seeing her counselor...then she gets too confident and things go down hill. Then the family has to force her into a mental institution to be medicated against her will until it works and she gets back on track. That's mental illness. I despise Sharon and always have, but having dealt with mental illness first hand, I have the history to know that this is the disease that Sharon has that makes her get off her meds and not some failing in her character that makes her do it.
    I think that is a very arrogant opinion to say that we don't understand mental illness because we think Sharon is responsible for her actions. She knows exactly what she is doing. She should be institutionalized, if she is not responsible for her actions. She has changed a paternity test and burnt someone's home down, and she has used her daughter as a pawn. She needs to be stopped.
    I just hate being talked down to cause its Sharon whose the topic. We all here are adults and we all know mental illness is real and we all know someone whose suffering one way or another from it. We all know many homeless are victims of mental illness as well. Sharon has been told she has a mental condition. She has been prescribed pills to take. She has the money to see her therapist on a regular basis. She refuses sound advise from her son and doctor. What more can one do for her? she is too selfish to consider her daughter and her losing grip with reality day by day. I do not pity her. At least she can afford the best care. Others are uninsured and cant afford to see a therapist or afford health care. Thats real but this is soap operaland.

My opinions has zero to do with these being Sharon. I despise her. My opinion is not based on ho the character is...it's based on what I know about mental illness. I couldn't care less who the person we are talking about is...but it seems for all the people who can't muster any compassion, it being Sharon is all that matters.

I don't see too much compassion for many of the characters. Why is Sharon so special that we must feel bad for her. I did not see much compassion for Crazy Patty. Or Sheila. Or Daisy..and they all have the crazy gene. I personally don't buy that Sharon is Bi Polar. I see her as a selfish greedy witch who does not care who she hurts as long as Sharon gets what Sharon wants.

#144   2013/09/24 02:33AM
    Re:
    No-Go

Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Lanie1959: Nobody chooses to be mentally ill but she chooses not to medicate............big difference. I don't get her free pass because she knew something was wrong months ago and did not to anything to help her condition, but she can't help that she has the condition.

What if this was anybody else but Sharon would her haters being saying this? I agree with you all the way.

I don't see anyone blaming her for having the illness. I see people blaming her for stopping her meds. She has no excuse. She knows she needs to take them. That is on Sharon. She has hurt people because she chose to stop her meds. She needs to be under supervision because she is a danger to everyone.

#145   2013/09/24 04:22AM
    Re:
    Homesick Cajun

Quote TxRangerFan: 1. Doris knew that Sharon had had black out moments before, after they gave Cassie up

2. There was never a diagnosis that Sharon had a mental illness even during her time in the looney bin

3. Never and I say it again, NEVER equate real life with reel life! Just because you know someone with a mental illness or is bi-polar or has a peanut allergy, does not mean that a soap opera is going to follow medical protocol. Never watch soaps for medical advice or lesson in morality!! or how a marriage SHOULD be!!

4. This is just Sharon being Sharon, the way Sharon has been since we first met her in 1994! I do not think Sharon is bi-polar, this is just Sharon!!

5. Sharon wants others, mostly men, to fix her life and her problems. The worst Female character I have seen in my 60 plus years of watching soaps!!

that is my story and I am sticking to it!!

I like your story!

#146   2013/09/25 02:19PM
    Re:
    Nanna58

You say Sharon is sick?? she is worse than that. Most of us think of our loved ones as being in Heaven when they pass but as EVIL as the writers have brought CASSIE back as being she is NOT in Heaven, she is in HELL. How can these writers be so evil themselves. John is an encouraging. loving Spirit. but they bring little Cassie back as a conniving, evil, person like her mother, SHAME on you. but then the way you have been bring down the rating's on our loving YOUNG & RESTLESS what else can we exspect. But it still makes me sick to see you put Cassie in HELL instead of Heaven, because she sure wouldn't be in Heaven the way you are having her encourage instead of discourage her mothers actions. again SHAME ON YOU WRITERS. wake up before we end up losing YR the way we have some of our other soaps.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list