List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: "IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

"IF"Sharon is sick, its because she chooses to be!

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/09/21 02:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/25 02:19PM, Views: 4471, Replies: 145
    « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:
    #131   2013/09/23 02:33PM
    Re:
    trixie60

Quote proxy:
    Quote trixie60:
    Quote Yale Steam: I tell ya what, lets get down to the nitty gritty here shall we.

How do you all think Nick is going to react when he finds out what Sharon has done, changing his paternity letter and her role in Phyllis' accident?

Do you honesty think he will say, "Sharon it's okay, you are sick so all is forgiven," etc?

And how will Summer react to it all?

ITA. I've been thinking about this too! I hope Nick kicks Sharon to the curb. She has tried so many times to get close to him. It's time that she realizes that it's not going to happen. When the truth comes out, Summer will hate Sharon. I just hope that Sharon does not get a free pass again for what she has done. Guess we'll all have to wait and see.

I agree. Nick will be furious with Sharon. And Summer will be off the charts mad. We may see her momma come out. I think Sharon is headed for the hospital for mental patients.

I hope that Nick and Summer take charge and drive her there! Because I'm sure that Sharon will not go there on her own.

#132   2013/09/23 06:02PM
    Re:
    quimby

Quote proxy:
    Quote quimby:
    Quote purplehearts14: I strongly disagree with everything you've said. Sharon is mentally ill and how can a mentally ill person make rational decisions on their own. It is obvious she can't differentiate between what's real and what's not. And please, Stop blaming Sharon for Cassie's death. Thank you.

Th

Quote Charlie Big: I understand this disease very well and what is so disgusting about Sharon is the fact that for years she has known that she is sick and her mother knew that she is sick also. Instead of being honest with the Newman's from day one, Doris just thought that maybe the Newman's could get through to this idiot and see that she got the help she needed. Sharon spent hears hiding this from Nick and the entire family. This woman had the means, the opportunity and the resources to help herself. Some of it can be her illness but I don't believe for a second that it is all about that. She knows right from wrong. Sharon has been told time and again that she needs to be on medication and she needs to be checking in with her shrink on a regualr basis and instead, she just goes off looking for the next screw to play house with. Sharon is a wallower, she always has been. She should have never been given children because without Nikki, Miquel and Nick to raise them, there is no telling where they would be. Well, we know where Cassie ended up and poor Faith! It was absolutely cruel for Sharon to lazily lay down and not care that she could be pregnant, when she was not capable of caring for a child. We also saw evidence of that when she got the child back from Ashely. Poor Faith has not had any stability in her life, other than being with Nick, since she left Ashely. I am not willing to to say that it is because of her illness that she does the things that she does at all. It may be part of it but Sharon knows what she is doing. She is just getting to old and the illness has become so pregressive that she can't control herself anymore.

When I think of the people out there who would give anything for the kind of resources that this character has and the money to help themselves and I watch this lazy wallower just slop around stalking Nick to get a screw out of him, it makes me sick. To see how she is abusing her child, that she never should have had to begin with, that is the real tragedy. Faith was born in a mental institution! If that doesn't speak loudly as to how sick Sharon is, then no one is actually listening. She wants a screw so badly that she don't care about anything else. The way that she lets herself wallow and squat on that ranch like a desperate lap dog. That is a disgrace! She burned down thier family home and yet she is still trying to force herself on them all, using her children as her meal ticket in the door. They can't stand her and yet, she holds on to Nick like a life support to stay in that family and that poor stupid idiot has yet to wake up to the truth of it all. Any other man would have put Sharon away long before now. She is a threat to society and probably to herslf, when she realizes that she can't get the screw to bandaid the problem anymore. I don't pity her and I don't see her as a victim either. I just see her as lazy and pathetic. Most mentally ill people who can get the help and don't are pathetic.

Sharon just recently found out she has BP. Sharon and her mother have not known she was sick, so to say they knew for years is wrong. To say that people with a mental illness don't get help are pathetic, is offensive. Some don't realize that they are sick. People go off their medication for different reasons, they might not realize the effect that this might cause. I don't for one second you understand this disease or any other mental illness. I am not saying I do, but I deal with my disorder everyday so I can have compassion for someone who is struggling. I know you hate Sharon, but please be aware of what you post.

That is not true. On the show Doris said Sharon has had these issues for years.

Yes Doris said that she had issues, but she was never diagnosed with BP until last year. What big charlie was saying is that they both knew a long time ago she was sick and never got the help she needed. I don't know how BP evolves over time or if it gets worse. I just feel these writer's are exploiting the disorder and making Sharon doing these crazy things to push these stupid storylines.

#133   2013/09/23 06:10PM
    Re:
    quimby

Quote trixie60:
    Quote proxy:
    Quote trixie60:
    Quote Yale Steam: I tell ya what, lets get down to the nitty gritty here shall we.

How do you all think Nick is going to react when he finds out what Sharon has done, changing his paternity letter and her role in Phyllis' accident?

Do you honesty think he will say, "Sharon it's okay, you are sick so all is forgiven," etc?

ITA. I've been thinking about this too! I hope Nick kicks Sharon to the curb. She has tried so many times to get close to him. It's time that she realizes that it's not going to happen. When the truth comes out, Summer will hate Sharon. I just hope that Sharon does not get a free pass again for what she has done. Guess we'll all have to wait and see.

I agree. Nick will be furious with Sharon. And Summer will be off the charts mad. We may see her momma come out. I think Sharon is headed for the hospital for mental patients.

I hope that Nick and Summer take charge and drive her there! Because I'm sure that Sharon will not go there on her own.

Nick is not innocent in all this. If he was truthful from the beginning, then Sharon wouldn't have had the opportunity to change the results. Nick is selfish and he had no right to do what he did. I don't care if he does turn out to be the father.

#134   2013/09/23 06:16PM
    Re:
    trixie60

Quote quimby:
    Quote trixie60:
    Quote proxy:
    Quote trixie60:

Nick is not innocent in all this. If he was truthful from the beginning, then Sharon wouldn't have had the opportunity to change the results. Nick is selfish and he had no right to do what he did. I don't care if he does turn out to be the father.

I know Nick is not innocent. He shouldn't have kept Summers paternity from the beginning. He should have told everyone involved that the first paternity test was not accurate. Then Jack and Nick should have both redone their tests. This story line could have been done and over with a long time ago if Nick had been honest.

#135   2013/09/23 06:26PM
    Re:
    ajsp35801

Quote spooch:
    Quote ajsp35801: As I read these posts, it is quite clear to me that some people do not understand what a mental illness is, especially when it comes to taking medication. You can not levy the same rationales on these people that you do with people with physical illnesses. If Sharon had cancer and refused to take meds, that would be one thing. And everything that is said would be true. It is her fault because she is refusing to get help. No excuses there. But with mental illnesses, if often fools the person like they don't need the medication...or taking the medication fools person like they don't need it because they are feeling better. I have a cousin who suffers from schizophrenia. She wants to be better and does well for a long time with taking her medication and seeing her counselor...then she gets too confident and things go down hill. Then the family has to force her into a mental institution to be medicated against her will until it works and she gets back on track. That's mental illness. I despise Sharon and always have, but having dealt with mental illness first hand, I have the history to know that this is the disease that Sharon has that makes her get off her meds and not some failing in her character that makes her do it.
    I think that is a very arrogant opinion to say that we don't understand mental illness because we think Sharon is responsible for her actions. She knows exactly what she is doing. She should be institutionalized, if she is not responsible for her actions. She has changed a paternity test and burnt someone's home down, and she has used her daughter as a pawn. She needs to be stopped.

My assuming these opinions came from ignorance was me being kind...I chose that over callous, intolerant, lacking in empathy, and just plain seemingly stupid. Forgive me if I offend, but that is what most of these posters sound like. I understand hating or disliking characters, but when the writers do PSA stories like this, I do expect real human emotion to kick in...some sort of compassion. Moderators can ban me for it too...but it really needs to be said.

I agree, Sharon needs to be stopped. She needs serious medical help.

#136   2013/09/23 06:28PM
    Re:
    ajsp35801

Quote Ethelmae02:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote BigBluePlate: My understanding of mental illness is that part of the illness is believing nothing's wrong with you, therefore you stop taking your medications. Yes, Sharon knows she's bipolar, but right now she's on a "high"and is unable to see that a low will come. In Sharon's mind, she's just fine, and that's part of the illness. My sister's friend's son is a paranoid schizophrenic. He knows he has this illness, yet refuses to take his meds sometimes, and all hell breaks loose. I belive the Navy yard's shooter's family knew something was wrong, but couldn't do anything as most laws don't force the mentally ill to take medications. My mom has Alzheimer's, and in the early stages we could not get her to see reason even though she was boarding up windows in the house for fear that one of my sisters would break in, not to mention hiding things in strange places, like her purse in the oven. She didn't refuse medication, thank
    God, but if she had, there would have been little we daughters could do
    from a legal standpoint until she was a danger to herself or others. But by then it's too late in most cases, like with the Navy shooting. So sad. I hope Sharon gets the help she needs before she causes any more damages.

What you have said is very valid Big Blue, but the fact remains that Sharon knows right from wrong. She knows that changing that paternity paper was wrong that is why she is trying to hide it. She knows she is scheming and manipulating her child to break up Nick and Avery. She knows it is wrong. If her illness has her so out of control then she should be institutionalized. She told her doctor that she is not doing anything to cause anyone any harm. She knows better. She knows that she is causing harm and BPD is no excuse. She refuses to listen to her doctor. Her doctor is telling her that she may think she is alright but she isn't. She REFUSES to listen. That is on her. She may think she is alright, but she is doing wrong and she knows she is doing wrong. That is why she gets so defensive when someone questions her. This is her fault and she should be held accountable for her own sake as well as the people she is hurting. That goes double for Faith who she is going to have as nutty as she is.
    very true. She has to know that ghost cassie isnt a sane reaction to life. We do not have live chats with our deceased love ones and consider it normal. Faith is in danger being with her in her present state of mind. She hurt Summer without batting a eyelid. Plus the ones covering for her arson act are just as wrong for allowing this.

I guess jack and Billy are also bi-polar...do they also need help? I mean if talking to deceased love ones is the measuring stick...

#137   2013/09/23 06:31PM
    Re:
    ajsp35801

Quote Ethelmae02:
    Quote spooch:
    Quote ajsp35801: As I read these posts, it is quite clear to me that some people do not understand what a mental illness is, especially when it comes to taking medication. You can not levy the same rationales on these people that you do with people with physical illnesses. If Sharon had cancer and refused to take meds, that would be one thing. And everything that is said would be true. It is her fault because she is refusing to get help. No excuses there. But with mental illnesses, if often fools the person like they don't need the medication...or taking the medication fools person like they don't need it because they are feeling better. I have a cousin who suffers from schizophrenia. She wants to be better and does well for a long time with taking her medication and seeing her counselor...then she gets too confident and things go down hill. Then the family has to force her into a mental institution to be medicated against her will until it works and she gets back on track. That's mental illness. I despise Sharon and always have, but having dealt with mental illness first hand, I have the history to know that this is the disease that Sharon has that makes her get off her meds and not some failing in her character that makes her do it.
    I think that is a very arrogant opinion to say that we don't understand mental illness because we think Sharon is responsible for her actions. She knows exactly what she is doing. She should be institutionalized, if she is not responsible for her actions. She has changed a paternity test and burnt someone's home down, and she has used her daughter as a pawn. She needs to be stopped.
    I just hate being talked down to cause its Sharon whose the topic. We all here are adults and we all know mental illness is real and we all know someone whose suffering one way or another from it. We all know many homeless are victims of mental illness as well. Sharon has been told she has a mental condition. She has been prescribed pills to take. She has the money to see her therapist on a regular basis. She refuses sound advise from her son and doctor. What more can one do for her? she is too selfish to consider her daughter and her losing grip with reality day by day. I do not pity her. At least she can afford the best care. Others are uninsured and cant afford to see a therapist or afford health care. Thats real but this is soap operaland.

My opinions has zero to do with these being Sharon. I despise her. My opinion is not based on ho the character is...it's based on what I know about mental illness. I couldn't care less who the person we are talking about is...but it seems for all the people who can't muster any compassion, it being Sharon is all that matters.

#138   2013/09/23 06:32PM
    Re:
    quimby

Quote TxRangerFan: 1. Doris knew that Sharon had had black out moments before, after they gave Cassie up

2. There was never a diagnosis that Sharon had a mental illness even during her time in the looney bin

3. Never and I say it again, NEVER equate real life with reel life! Just because you know someone with a mental illness or is bi-polar or has a peanut allergy, does not mean that a soap opera is going to follow medical protocol. Never watch soaps for medical advice or lesson in morality!! or how a marriage SHOULD be!!

4. This is just Sharon being Sharon, the way Sharon has been since we first met her in 1994! I do not think Sharon is bi-polar, this is just Sharon!!

5. Sharon wants others, mostly men, to fix her life and her problems. The worst Female character I have seen in my 60 plus years of watching soaps!!

that is my story and I am sticking to it!!

This is just the writer's rewriting history to suit their storyline. I have watched Sharon from the beginning too and she was never portrayed as a crazy manipulator. That's how I saw it. I don't expect soaps to totally be realistic, but I don't expect the writer's to treat the audience as idiots either. This soap use to be character driven, now its about over the top storylines. Who cares what characters get trashed in the process. Rewriting history and changing core characters will not hold on to the audience who have been loyal to the show. I have stopped watching for months and nothing has changed and I don't expect it to anytime soon.

#139   2013/09/23 07:38PM
    Re:
    Charlie Big

Quote Squish: What I found ironic was that she actually uttered the words "I'm not a danger to myself or others" UM, REALLY??? This is just typical Sharon behavior even with her doctor standing there telling her that her feelings of euphoria were a direct result of her "disease" and that she would inevitably have a crash. I can't feel sympathy for stupid, and Sharon's being stupid.

Sharon is swinging from the rafters she is flying so high! The shrink knew it too. That is why she mentioned Phyllis, when the dingbat said that she was not a danger to anyone. She don't get no pass anymore. She is an adult with means to help herself. If she don't take her meds it is because she don't like feeliing normal. She likes the melodrama and the excuse of the hi's and lo's. That is how she gets the men to pay her attention. Without the melodrama and the needy victim neurosis, she has nothing to work with. Look how she is playing Nick. Just like she is playing her own daughter!! Very carefully, very methodical, like she is scheming every step of the way. I watched her do this to get Victor to pay her maw's medical bills and then the way she very carefully and skillfully got Nick away from Amy. And then, the way she played off Matt Clark against Nick. Sharon has been crazy like this all of her life! She is very skillful, very careful and very methodical. She is freightening to watch. She was back then too, it is just that we didn't know exactly how sick this trick really was back then. Doris held that from Newman's. Nikki knew it and so did we. She was a gold digging trick back then and Nikki saw her coming. She even was so low down rotten, that she lied to Nick and swore that she was a virgin when Matt Clark supposedly raped her. Now that I know this, I am not sure that he DID rape her.

#140   2013/09/23 10:12PM
    Re:
    jilltidwell

Quote Lanie1959: Nobody chooses to be mentally ill but she chooses not to medicate............big difference. I don't get her free pass because she knew something was wrong months ago and did not to anything to help her condition, but she can't help that she has the condition.

What if this was anybody else but Sharon would her haters being saying this? I agree with you all the way.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list