List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: WTH is wrong with this site?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

WTH is wrong with this site?

Started by LorrieR at 2013/09/21 07:15AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/25 05:08PM, Views: 1435, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/09/21 01:20PM
    Re: WTH is wrong with this site?
    LavenderNik

Quote mahina: Thank you for bringing this up because I also thought it was my computer. So annoying. I hope the problem gets fixed soon.

Same problem here. Several crashes when on this site. Makes me leary to come here

#12   2013/09/21 02:01PM
    Charlie Big

It too almost ten minutes just to get "add a new post" to come up and then when it did, I was typing and the cursor wouldn't move at all and then when it did, it blipped the page off the screen and came back blank. It does this all of the time. There are alot of ads on this board and it is causing the boards to stay slow and irratic and I have noticed that it also causes the board to just blip off the page and then show the message "not responding". If you have other open windows, it will keep blipping back to them. And then while I am typing, the whole thing just reezes.

This problem has been going on here for the last couple of months. It has gotten worse in the lst month. It has taken me exactly 15 minutes to get this typed and posted because the curser keeps freezing. If you make a typo and want to go back and correct it, it might take even longer because the curser won't come up and move without going all spastic and and then trembling with the message "not responding" again. I understand the ads but they are killing this board because the techs can't seem to have both a good board to post on and the ads. They might just be better off making this an ad board instead of causing all of this trouble because of it. It is now 25 minutes because I had to correct a typo and since the cursor disappeared for a few minutes, it took ahwile to hit the post button. I really think that this is discouraging posters from coming her. Nothing should take this long to do.

#13   2013/09/23 11:33AM
    LorrieR

Well, I thought I would grow old and die before this page loaded... Thanks everyone for your input and observations about this site. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue.

#14   2013/09/23 11:35AM
    Karl127

This site is full of adaware, malware and spyware. The company I work for has added this site to their blocked list so that nobody can get to it and infect their computers.

#15   2013/09/23 11:43AM
    linder

i was having the same trouble last 2 weeks.

#16   2013/09/23 05:27PM
    miladytn

This is one of the worst sites I have encountered for ads. But I like this site so I deal with it. I discovered that the SeaMonkey browser (by the same Mozilla folks that do Firefox) seems to handle the ads better. BUT the best thing I've found is Adblock Plus, an add-on tool that works in Firefox and SeaMonkey. Not sure about Chrome and Internet Explorer as I don't use those browsers. Adblock blocks those annoying and noisy auto-playing ads.

Thankfully I don't have the problem with pages loading, refreshing, etc.

#17   2013/09/23 05:50PM
    dragonflydre...

I agree with the above poster. I was having problems, and switched to Chrome. Problem solved.

#18   2013/09/23 07:58PM
    Brooke_HopeB...

Quote Gideon58:

Sometimes it takes me as long as an hour and 15 minutes to watch a 37-minute episode of the show with all the stopping, starting, and endless commercials.

What's the point of watching the show online if it takes longer than watching it live?

ROFL

2 funny chica! and yep that is why i m glad i don't have 2
    watch it on line ONLY if i have to,your right that do alot
    of times happen ugh...! adios

Bella...

#19   2013/09/25 05:08PM
    miladytn

I stumbled on a comment in the comments after the recaps section that I wanted to add to this thread. The poster commented that if you keep your cursor on the left side of the screen (and away from where the noisy, annoying ads live on the right side) that it helps avoid them. Hope that helps someone

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list