List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: WTH is wrong with this site?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

WTH is wrong with this site?

Started by LorrieR at 2013/09/21 07:15AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/25 05:08PM, Views: 1486, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/21 07:15AM
    WTH is wrong with this site?
    LorrieR

WTH is wrong with this site? It will not load, freezes my computer etc...I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. It took me 3 days to finally be able to get this post in, every other time my computer has frozen...Please do not tell me it must be my computer, it is not. this computer is less than a year old. No other site I visit on the web does this.. Can anyone give me an answer? I'll try to get back to check, but the way this site is it could take days. Thank you.

#2   2013/09/21 07:36AM
    Re: WTH is wrong with this site?
    Homesick Cajun

It is not your computer. I have the same issues. At the advice of another poster I downloaded Google Chrome and I haven't had anywhere near the problems I had before. I still have some but not as bad. Also I run the registry clean up regularly, not sure why, but that also seems to help. Hope this helps!

#3   2013/09/21 07:47AM
    Gideon58

I haven't really had problems with this site, but I do have a whole lot of problems with the CBS website where I watch Y&R. Sometimes it takes me as long as an hour and 15 minutes to watch a 37-minute episode of the show with all the stopping, starting, and endless commercials. What's the point of watching the show online if it takes longer than watching it live?

#4   2013/09/21 09:54AM
    jacksmyguy

I have also had more problems than usual for the last several days. Ads keep popping up from time to time even with a block set at an above average level. It also takes forever at times for the screen to change on this site. This stuff is all annoying, to say the least, and I have not had this problem with any other site either.

#5   2013/09/21 09:57AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote jacksmyguy: I have also had more problems than usual for the last several days. Ads keep popping up from time to time even with a block set at an above average level. It also takes forever at times for the screen to change on this site. This stuff is all annoying, to say the least, and I have not had this problem with any other site either.

Do you get the Dreft commercial? I had to mute my speakers on my computer to keep it from waking up everybody early this morning! LOL It's soooo annoying. The last bad one was the Oreo cookie ad. I'll never buy Oreo cookies again!

I have spent the better part of the past hour trying to change my avatar and it will not work!! Sigh....

#6   2013/09/21 10:08AM
    rancher

I haven't been a member for very long, but I have noticed the problem----it is slow! My computer savvy grandson says that it is caused by all of the ads. The Dreft commercial scared me to death; I was working at midnight, quietly, I thought. The Dreft commercial is so loud AND I WAS VERY
    ANNOYED. Shame on Dreft and shame on this site.

My daughter and daughter in law much prefer Soap Central to this site. I may join that one.

#7   2013/09/21 10:17AM
    ThornsandRoses

I am also having problems. Sometimes I refresh 3 or 4 times before it downloads properly.

For those who mentioned the loud commercial, I normally keep my speakers off for that reason. You just never know when you are going to click on a link that will blow out your eardrums. I only turn them on when there is sometime I know I want to listen to which definitely does not include 99.9% of the commercials on the net.

#8   2013/09/21 10:25AM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote jacksmyguy: I have also had more problems than usual for the last several days. Ads keep popping up from time to time even with a block set at an above average level. It also takes forever at times for the screen to change on this site. This stuff is all annoying, to say the least, and I have not had this problem with any other site either.

Do you get the Dreft commercial? I had to mute my speakers on my computer to keep it from waking up everybody early this morning! LOL It's soooo annoying. The last bad one was the Oreo cookie ad. I'll never buy Oreo cookies again!

I have spent the better part of the past hour trying to change my avatar and it will not work!! Sigh....

Yes - I did get the Dreft ad with annoying sound and had to totally turn the speaker off again to avoid that. You're right - the Oreo ad was the last one I had like that - actually got to the point where I never wanted to eat another one of those blasted cookies - LOL! The things we must put up with to post - HAH!

#9   2013/09/21 10:36AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

Yes - I did get the Dreft ad with annoying sound and had to totally turn the speaker off again to avoid that. You're right - the Oreo ad was the last one I had like that - actually got to the point where I never wanted to eat another one of those blasted cookies - LOL! The things we must put up with to post - HAH!

LOL I know! I know that ads are a necessary evil, but must they play music! LOL Oreo lost a good customer!

I give up for today trying to change my avatar, guess I'll just keep this Grateful Dead rose. Maybe my new one will show up one of these days!

#10   2013/09/21 11:59AM
    mahina

Thank you for bringing this up because I also thought it was my computer. So annoying. I hope the problem gets fixed soon.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list