List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Anyone else heard this Spumor about Delia?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Anyone else heard this Spumor about Delia?

Started by nikkikin at 2013/09/19 08:54PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/26 05:24AM, Views: 24249, Replies: 173
    « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:
    #121   2013/09/23 08:49AM
    Re: Anyone else heard this Spumor about Delia?
    Toomuchsoap

Quote Lady Strawberry: As I am reading these posts and seeing the heartache and pain that this storyline would obviously cause, is there something we could do to stop this from happening?

If posters are in this much pain with the possiblilty of this storyline, I would hate to see what the storyline playing out would do to viewers.

I've been reading this spumor/speculation for over a month on now, and it's gaining traction. I think it's true - or very close to the truth. The Twitterpics SK tweeted a couple few weeks back, and recent ones, really point in that direction.

A lot of boards are pretty rigid and the mods don't let posters start threads without a credible source. I attempted to start a Speculation/Spoiler thread on this topic on SOC and the mods made it, and a subsequent one, just disappear. I didn't get my hands slapped because I did it properly, but they took that thread down altogether and any subsequent post that involved any discussion of this topic has been made to go away. This doesn't usually happen on that board. There are numerous speculation threads there, but this topic is VERBOTEN on that board for some reason. I'm thinking that it's because it's true and they're trying on behalf of the showrunners to keep a lid on this. Most of the other boards don't operate like SOC, which seems to have an "in" behind the scenes, so I think they're trying to keep their status secure.

#122   2013/09/23 08:52AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Lady Strawberry:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Lady Strawberry: As I am reading these posts and seeing the heartache and pain that this storyline would obviously cause, is there something we could do to stop this from happening?

If posters are in this much pain with the possiblilty of this storyline, I would hate to see what the storyline playing out would do to viewers.

I seriously doubt anything can be done now. Phelps has never cared what viewers want, feel or think before, and I doubt that has changed. The only real hope would be if Steve Kent (Sony) is paying attention. People are talking about it all over social media, so I can't believe he's not aware. So if they go through with it, I will be left to assume that he also does not care...

I watch GH and I know that a little boy named Jake was killed by a drunk driver as a matter of fact the drunk driver was his grandfather. If JFP was in charge then, you may be right the storyline may already be in the making.

That was Phelps! She is recreating that story line for Y&R! Phelps killed off Jake, also Maureen Baur! And she fired 91 year old Anna Lee (Lila Quartermaine)! Phelps will kill off a child and not skip a beat!! Phelps is who needs to go! Not Delia!

#123   2013/09/23 08:57AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Toomuchsoap:

I've been reading this spumor/speculation for over a month on now, and it's gaining traction. I think it's true - or very close to the truth. The Twitterpics SK tweeted a couple few weeks back, and recent ones, really point in that direction.

A lot of boards are pretty rigid and the mods don't let posters start threads without a credible source. I attempted to start a Speculation/Spoiler thread on this topic on SOC and the mods made it, and a subsequent one, just disappear. I didn't get my hands slapped because I did it properly, but they took that thread down altogether and any subsequent post that involved any discussion of this topic has been made to go away. This doesn't usually happen on that board. There are numerous speculation threads there, but this topic is VERBOTEN on that board for some reason. I'm thinking that it's because it's true and they're trying on behalf of the showrunners to keep a lid on this. Most of the other boards don't operate like SOC, which seems to have an "in" behind the scenes, so I think they're trying to keep their status secure.

Absolutely! They are trying really hard to keep a lid on this! They know going in it's going to be wildly unpopular!

#124   2013/09/23 09:01AM
    Toomuchsoap

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote villyforever55:

I don't think so. Other than all of the children, there is one person who is a beloved character, and that's Traci Abbott. She has no enemies and has always been kind and forgiving. She gave Victor Colleen's heart, even though it was his scheming that caused her death. She's the one.

No offense, but very few would give a flying flip if Traci died. She is all but irrelevant now. A child dying, as devastating as that is, has so much more impact.

Hey Sunny! Good to see you! Yeah, Phelps is out to make a major impact. Tracie wouldn't have the desired effect. I have been paying attention to the clues ever since the Highlight Hollywood article came out a couple of months ago. This scenario is just what Phelps wants. If anyone thinks Phelps won't kill off a child for the sole purpose of shock and ratings, think again. She is capable of anything.

That's what I've been hearing all along. And, now, with the official announcement of the new Co-Assistant H/W, Tracey Thompson, who is not only JFP's protégé, she is an eager beaver when it comes to "killing off" a major character. She was given the task of writing off the script in which they killed off a major supercouple character (Ryan Harrison I believe) on AW. On DC's last podcast, one of the mods mentioned that, and alluded to the fact that this is a hallmark of JFP's way of running a show. And she made the comment, "Bye bye, Nicholas Newman". I'm not implying that she was spoiling anything to come, only that it's something that JFP isn't afraid of doing. At. All. Having said that about JM's Nick, I don't think he's go anything to worry about because I can't see him leaving the show. But BM? That's another story altogether. Both he and MM have stated they don't plan to make Y&R their entire careers. If one of them decided to leave, all bets would be off about the longevity of their characters (and I think that's true for all of them as long as JFP is in the building).

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/23 09:10AM
    #125   2013/09/23 09:02AM
    KeepingItReal

Why would Sony hire JFP if her track record is so bad.

#126   2013/09/23 09:09AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Toomuchsoap:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote villyforever55:

I don't think so. Other than all of the children, there is one person who is a beloved character, and that's Traci Abbott. She has no enemies and has always been kind and forgiving. She gave Victor Colleen's heart, even though it was his scheming that caused her death. She's the one.

No offense, but very few would give a flying flip if Traci died. She is all but irrelevant now. A child dying, as devastating as that is, has so much more impact.

Hey Sunny! Good to see you! Yeah, Phelps is out to make a major impact. Tracie wouldn't have the desired effect. I have been paying attention to the clues ever since the Highlight Hollywood article came out a couple of months ago. This scenario is just what Phelps wants. If anyone thinks Phelps won't kill off a child for the sole purpose of shock and ratings, think again. She is capable of anything.

That's what I've been hearing all along. And, now, with the official announcement of the new Co-Assistant H/W, Tracey Thompson, who is not only JFP's protégé, she is an eager beaver when it comes to "killing off" a major character. She was given the task of killing off a major supercouple character (Ryan Hastings I believe) on AW. On DC's last podcast, one of the mods mentioned that and alluded to the fact that this is a hallmark of JFP's way of running a show. And she made the comment, "Bye bye, Nicholas Newman". I'm not implying that she was spoiling anything to come, only that it's something that JFP isn't afraid of doing. At. All.

Oh, I know she's not afraid of killing off anyone. Especially a member of a core family. That is her track record and her specialty! And the more gruesome the better as far as she's concerned! I just can't stomach what Phelps views as entertainment! All shock and no substance! And with sweeps right around the corner, nothing she would do would surprise me at this point! I know she's capable of anything! I hope everyone else wakes up to that fact! From what I'm reading SK is on board with this as of now, anyway. Hopefully, after this story line with Delia, the outrage will be impossible for him to ignore!

As for the new writing team, the only thing worse would have been if Phelps brought in her old buddy Bob Guza!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/23 09:17AM
    #127   2013/09/23 09:10AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote KeepingItReal: Why would Sony hire JFP if her track record is so bad.

If they don't get rid of her soon, I'll be convinced they want to tank Y&R.

#128   2013/09/23 09:17AM
    Toomuchsoap

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Toomuchsoap:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote villyforever55:

That's what I've been hearing all along. And, now, with the official announcement of the new Co-Assistant H/W, Tracey Thompson, who is not only JFP's protégé, she is an eager beaver when it comes to "killing off" a major character. She was given the task of killing off a major supercouple character (Ryan Hastings I believe) on AW. On DC's last podcast, one of the mods mentioned that and alluded to the fact that this is a hallmark of JFP's way of running a show. And she made the comment, "Bye bye, Nicholas Newman". I'm not implying that she was spoiling anything to come, only that it's something that JFP isn't afraid of doing. At. All.

Oh, I know she's not afraid of killing off anyone. Especially a member of a core family. That is her track record and her specialty! And the more gruesome the better as far as she's concerned! I just can't stomach what Phelps views as entertainment! All shock and no substance! And with sweeps right around the corner, nothing she would do would surprise me at this point! I know she's capable of anything! I hope everyone else wakes up to that fact! From what I'm reading SK is on board with this as of now, anyway. Hopefully, after this story line with Delia, the outrage will be impossible for him to ignore!

I think Kent is onboard with it because Sony was itching last year about this time to fire a bunch of the cast (and EH and KR were mentioned as having been on the kill list, which was on a DC podcast with Branco). I think they realized at the time that for JFP to come in and immediately chop about 25 - to 30% of the cast in one fell swoop, would be suicide for their careers and the end of the show, which CBS was trying to save by bringing in JFP at the urging of Sony, which wanted control of Y&R from the Bells. CBS allowed Sony to fire MAB, which facilitated that. I think SK wants the show to succeed, but with younger (cheaper) players. I wouldn't be surprised to see more than just Delia die or get sent out of town within the next year six months or so.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/23 09:23AM
    #129   2013/09/23 09:19AM
    valleycliffe

Quote Toomuchsoap:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote villyforever55:

That's what I've been hearing all along. And, now, with the official announcement of the new Co-Assistant H/W, Tracey Thompson, who is not only JFP's protégé, she is an eager beaver when it comes to "killing off" a major character. She was given the task of writing off the script in which they killed off a major supercouple character (Ryan Harrison I believe) on AW. On DC's last podcast, one of the mods mentioned that, and alluded to the fact that this is a hallmark of JFP's way of running a show. And she made the comment, "Bye bye, Nicholas Newman". I'm not implying that she was spoiling anything to come, only that it's something that JFP isn't afraid of doing. At. All. Having said that about JM's Nick, I don't think he's go anything to worry about because I can't see him leaving the show. But BM? That's another story altogether. Both he and MM have stated they don't plan to make Y&R their entire careers. If one of them decided to leave, all bets would be off about the longevity of their characters (and I think that's true for all of them as long as JFP is in the building).

i would laff my butt off if it was nn (jm) that was killed off the show....

#130   2013/09/23 09:24AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Toomuchsoap:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Toomuchsoap:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote villyforever55:

I think Kent is onboard with it because Sony was itching last year about this time to fire a bunch of the cast (and EH and KR were mentioned as having been on the kill list, which was on a DC podcast with Branco). I think they realized at the time that for JFP to come in and immediately chop about 25 - to 30% of the cast in one fell swoop, would be suicide for their careers and the end of the show, which CBS was trying to save by bringing in JFP. Sony had wanted control of Y&R from the Bells, which Sony facilitated. I think SK wants the show to succeed, but with younger (cheaper) players. I wouldn't be surprised to see more than just Delia die or get sent out of town within the next year six months or so.

It won't surprise me in the least either! That's what Phelps likes to do is kill off core families and veterans! I'm only grateful at this point that she hasn't brought in her old buddy Bob Guza to really finish the job! That's what I was expecting when she fired Griffith. I'm sure all the veterans are worried about their job unless they are planning to retire anyway. With JFP's hatred for women, I don't expect to see much if any of the female vets from here on out. Nikki has a story now, but that's simply to cement Steve Burton's place at Y&R. Her high priced "golden boy"! I hope Steve Kent wakes up, if indeed he does want to save Y&R. She is NOT the answer!

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list