List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: If there were a gay pairing? Who'd you want?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

If there were a gay pairing? Who'd you want?

Started by elizadolittle at 2013/09/18 02:57PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/25 03:30AM, Views: 3621, Replies: 92
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #21   2013/09/19 10:50AM
    Re: If there were a gay pairing? Who'd you want?
    Lizzytish

I don't think there should be a gay pairing, unless the SL or the show calls for it.

This baloney of tv shows feeling like they have to represent every race, creed, color, sexual persuasion is really getting to be ridiculous.

This is a show about a bunch of people; stop already with the typecasting. They had a gay character on several years ago - Rafe -- he was a nice guy and a good lawyer -- I didn't really care about his sexual preference and it had nothing to do with the show.

Let's concentrate more on the characters and the quality of the stories and less on sex onthe soaps. It;s very annoying when so much airtime is spent on couples malling each other. I don't care. On yesterday's show, Cane and Lily could have had their conversation on the phone -- they didn't need to be in bed. Pathetic writing.

#22   2013/09/19 11:24AM
    calliope

Quote Lizzytish: I don't think there should be a gay pairing, unless the SL or the show calls for it.

This baloney of tv shows feeling like they have to represent every race, creed, color, sexual persuasion is really getting to be ridiculous.

This is a show about a bunch of people; stop already with the typecasting. They had a gay character on several years ago - Rafe -- he was a nice guy and a good lawyer -- I didn't really care about his sexual preference and it had nothing to do with the show.

Let's concentrate more on the characters and the quality of the stories and less on sex onthe soaps. It;s very annoying when so much airtime is spent on couples malling each other. I don't care. On yesterday's show, Cane and Lily could have had their conversation on the phone -- they didn't need to be in bed. Pathetic writing.

And Rafe is a good example of how I would expect them to write a gay person. He was gay but that wasn't the main focus of him (until that stupid Adam story). Rafe was an attorney who was gay. No one wants a gay couple that is going to be rolling around kissing each other, we want a gay character or couple because it is 2013 and why shouldn't they be represented.
    The people that are yucking and aghast at this idea must not be fortunate enough to have gay people in their lives. Or maybe they do but the gay person is too scared to tell them.

#23   2013/09/19 11:52AM
    YR2013

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Ashtradamus:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote FL senior fan: No one, and I don't know what you are thinking.
    Rating would drop; this is not what Y&R was ever about
    and some things better not changed.
    Go look ELSEWHERE if you want a same sex show!

Ditto that, Fl fan. Just because the lifestyle has been accepted in our society, it doesn't have to be shoved in my face.

Both of you are grossly homophobic. The person who made this post said to IGNORE this thread if you're not accepting of same sex couples. You had that option.

Furthermore, a same sex couple would be great for Y&R. If they do bring a same-sex couple on canvas, you can always press fast-forword, change the channel or hit the mute button. Have a nice day.

I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to be calling us names. You're not the boss of me anyhow, so if YOU don't like what I post, YOU can always post somewhere else. YOU have a nice day.

Exactly! Everyone has their rights and not everyone wants to see this type of s/l. The name calling shouldn't be allowed.

#24   2013/09/19 01:49PM
    MikeLikesSoaps

Quote YR2013:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Ashtradamus:
    Quote BobbiSox:

Ditto that, Fl fan. Just because the lifestyle has been accepted in our society, it doesn't have to be shoved in my face.

Both of you are grossly homophobic. The person who made this post said to IGNORE this thread if you're not accepting of same sex couples. You had that option.

Furthermore, a same sex couple would be great for Y&R. If they do bring a same-sex couple on canvas, you can always press fast-forword, change the channel or hit the mute button. Have a nice day.

I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to be calling us names. You're not the boss of me anyhow, so if YOU don't like what I post, YOU can always post somewhere else. YOU have a nice day.

Exactly! Everyone has their rights and not everyone wants to see this type of s/l. The name calling shouldn't be allowed.

Don't like being called homophobic? The truth hurts, doesn't it?

#25   2013/09/19 02:03PM
    YR2013

Quote MikeLikesSoaps:
    Quote YR2013:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Ashtradamus:
    Quote BobbiSox:

No, not in the least, your idea of "truth" needs to be checked because you don't know me or anyone on the board for that matter so jumping to such conclusion, only shows ignorance. Let me repeat what I said, not everyone like that type of s/l and we ALL have our rights, unless YOU think only YOUR rights count!

#26   2013/09/19 05:43PM
    Milkshake24

Quote YR2013:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Ashtradamus:
    Quote BobbiSox:

When people basically say they are homophobic and than called homophobic is hardly being called a name, if seeing a gay couple on the show would bother you than you are homophobic. It's that simple, that's not name calling just what you call it.

#27   2013/09/19 05:59PM
    Milkshake24

Quote YR2013:
    Quote MikeLikesSoaps:
    Quote YR2013:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Ashtradamus:
    Quote BobbiSox:

No, not in the least, your idea of "truth" needs to be checked because you don't know me or anyone on the board for that matter so jumping to such conclusion, only shows ignorance. Let me repeat what I said, not everyone like that type of s/l and we ALL have our rights, unless YOU think only YOUR rights count!

understand that by telling me Gays shouldn't be on Y&R your insinuating that they shouldn't exist and you can't expect people to not be offended. Look what's happening in Russia! The right I'm fighting for is to exist, to fit in what right are you fighting for? You already exist and fit in!

#28   2013/09/19 06:17PM
    calliope

Quote Milkshake24:
    Quote YR2013:
    Quote MikeLikesSoaps:
    Quote YR2013:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Ashtradamus:
    Quote BobbiSox:

understand that by telling me Gays shouldn't be on Y&R your insinuating that they shouldn't exist and you can't expect people to not be offended. Look what's happening in Russia! The right I'm fighting for is to exist, to fit in what right are you fighting for? You already exist and fit in!

Bravo!!

#29   2013/09/19 06:26PM
    Piperay

Fen and someone, maybe this new character Andrew. Fen seems so conflicted being gay would fit his character.

#30   2013/09/19 06:48PM
    ladycam

With the writing for couples on Y&R can't imagine the mess they would make of a gay couple. They would need a small community and the cast is not big enough. DOOL had to hired extra few times to give Wilson support. Am not sure Y&R can write for them.Even to connect the right couple seems hard for this regime.So I hope they won't take this on.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/19 06:49PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list