List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/09/16 11:44AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/17 06:36AM, Views: 2092, Replies: 67
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 page:
    #61   2013/09/17 03:49AM
    Re: Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?
    Chuckyducky

Quote Jackie10:
    Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote CGabriel510:
    Quote Yale Steam: Sharon is an adult. She is off her meds, it's her fault and her responsibily, no one else's.

Her being off her meds is her choice. Therefore all that she is done is her fault as sick as she may be.

Being off her meds does not excuse her or give her a free pass for all that she has done.

True,
    however (last I checked) she hasn't committed ANY crime.
    (Phyllis's fall was HER fault, NOT Sharon's)

arson is no a crime?

grand theft is not a crime?

claiming a dead man is her husband is not a crime?

attempt to commit bigomy is not a crime?

what she did to Newman Enterprises is not a crime?

what she has done to Summer's life is not a crime?

and I am sorry, but Sharon is 100% to blame for Phyllis's accident and she left the scene without renedering aid

there are more do you want to hear them?

Sharon is not to blame for Phyllis falling. She should have called 911 yes but that is all she is guilty of not calling.

Changing the paternity letter yes she did that also.

But the rest of what you have listed was before she was diagnosed as BP and on medication or right after being diagnosed and before the medication even had a chance to work. So no that was do to her illness and the pressure put upon her by the hypocrites of GC.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Sharon is liable for assault and battery. After all, she caused Phyllis' accidental fall. Also, a medical diagnosis does not disqualify a person from being charged and booked for a crime. You're welcome, by the way!

Going back to the theme of this thread, the answer to the OP's question is unanimous. If Sharon has the mental capacity to accept and take medications, then she is responsible for taking her meds.

#62   2013/09/17 04:03AM
    punter

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote punter:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: It is of course Sharon's responsibility to take her meds. No one is at fault in this except Sharon. Sharon doesn't want to listen to what her doctor says for the simple reason her doctor didn't tell her what she wants to hear. I don't care if Sharon felt better and decided she didn't need her meds, she made the decision to stop all be herself. No one forced her to. No one is to blame. There is no excuse. So tired of the excuses. She has hurt people and put Faith's safety at risk and for what? To get Nick. Please, he's no prize either. Sharon is selfish and doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants. The meds are yet another example of that. Not that we really needed another example. But there is no blaming and no denying this one. This decision was Sharon's. And Sharon's alone.

She knows what happens when she goes off her meds. She knows the crazy things she was doing.. she knows what she has done since going off her meds. She does not care tho. Sharon is selfish and really she always has been. This is not a new thing with Sharon.

No it is not a new thing at all. There is just no denying it anymore. It is all there for everyone to see what some of us have known for a long time. Sharon has never been the sweet good girl that some would have you believe. That was a myth and a fantasy. That person never existed. She has been manipulative and selfish since day one and that hasn't changed and I don't expect it to.

I totally agree with you.. this is the Sharon we have always seen.. always known.. she is a liar when needed.. she is manipulative when needed...she has no problem using her 5 yr old daughter.. she has no problem lying to her grown son. She has no problem upending Summer's life. Personally, I don't care what she did to Nick.. he deserves what ever he gets.. but the others sure did nothing to Sharon to deserve what she has done... Instead of Sharon being mad at Nick she dreams of bedding him.. she is such a pathetic woman. She needs serious help and she should not be trusted to take care of Faith. I hope Nick gets full custody when he finds out.

#63   2013/09/17 04:07AM
    punter

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote Jackie10:
    Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote CGabriel510:
    Quote Yale Steam: Sharon is an adult. She is off her meds, it's her fault and her responsibily, no one else's.

Her being off her meds is her choice. Therefore all that she is done is her fault as sick as she may be.

Being off her meds does not excuse her or give her a free pass for all that she has done.

True,
    however (last I checked) she hasn't committed ANY crime.
    (Phyllis's fall was HER fault, NOT Sharon's)

arson is no a crime?

grand theft is not a crime?

claiming a dead man is her husband is not a crime?

attempt to commit bigomy is not a crime?

what she did to Newman Enterprises is not a crime?

what she has done to Summer's life is not a crime?

and I am sorry, but Sharon is 100% to blame for Phyllis's accident and she left the scene without renedering aid

there are more do you want to hear them?

Sharon is not to blame for Phyllis falling. She should have called 911 yes but that is all she is guilty of not calling.

Changing the paternity letter yes she did that also.

But the rest of what you have listed was before she was diagnosed as BP and on medication or right after being diagnosed and before the medication even had a chance to work. So no that was do to her illness and the pressure put upon her by the hypocrites of GC.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Sharon is liable for assault and battery. After all, she caused Phyllis' accidental fall. Also, a medical diagnosis does not disqualify a person from being charged and booked for a crime. You're welcome, by the way!

Going back to the theme of this thread, the answer to the OP's question is unanimous. If Sharon has the mental capacity to accept and take medications, then she is responsible for taking her meds.

I really like your post... just sayin....

#64   2013/09/17 06:18AM
    trinilisa

Quote KeepingItReal:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote KeepingItReal: Sharon s/l sends the wrong message from those that deal with bi-polar.

There are real people out there that don't burn down houses, switch test result, etc.

She has the shop lifting thing down though.

Totally!

Trini, if the doctor really knew what Sharon has done...she would not be walking around town.

Not everything I can gloss over in bubbleland.

I hear you and agree with you. And on yesterday's Canadian, it looks like she lied to Noah when he confronted her about not taking her meds, saying that she'd been looking for them and when she didn't find them, the doctor wrote her a new prescription. Then Noah pointed out that they were on the table. She got all defensive, saying, "You think I'm lying?". When he left, the convenient kray kray came back, and she imagined that it was her wedding day to Nick, and that Noah was telling her that Phyllis was out of a coma and will tell Nick what she's done.

#65   2013/09/17 06:23AM
    gardengal

Quote punter:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote punter:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: It is of course Sharon's responsibility to take her meds. No one is at fault in this except Sharon. Sharon doesn't want to listen to what her doctor says for the simple reason her doctor didn't tell her what she wants to hear. I don't care if Sharon felt better and decided she didn't need her meds, she made the decision to stop all be herself. No one forced her to. No one is to blame. There is no excuse. So tired of the excuses. She has hurt people and put Faith's safety at risk and for what? To get Nick. Please, he's no prize either. Sharon is selfish and doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants. The meds are yet another example of that. Not that we really needed another example. But there is no blaming and no denying this one. This decision was Sharon's. And Sharon's alone.

She knows what happens when she goes off her meds. She knows the crazy things she was doing.. she knows what she has done since going off her meds. She does not care tho. Sharon is selfish and really she always has been. This is not a new thing with Sharon.

No it is not a new thing at all. There is just no denying it anymore. It is all there for everyone to see what some of us have known for a long time. Sharon has never been the sweet good girl that some would have you believe. That was a myth and a fantasy. That person never existed. She has been manipulative and selfish since day one and that hasn't changed and I don't expect it to.

I totally agree with you.. this is the Sharon we have always seen.. always known.. she is a liar when needed.. she is manipulative when needed...she has no problem using her 5 yr old daughter.. she has no problem lying to her grown son. She has no problem upending Summer's life. Personally, I don't care what she did to Nick.. he deserves what ever he gets.. but the others sure did nothing to Sharon to deserve what she has done... Instead of Sharon being mad at Nick she dreams of bedding him.. she is such a pathetic woman. She needs serious help and she should not be trusted to take care of Faith. I hope Nick gets full custody when he finds out.

The bipolar disorder is a mood thing. Its not a behavior disorder. Yeah a depressed person will do things like sit in the dark, and a mania person will be running in hyper mode. Sharon the person beyond the mood disorder is a gold digging (she's only married money) opportunist. Lying is her second nature, and has been so from the very beginning. Kids are insurance policies, and arguably the only one she actually cared about is Cassie. Sharon is not a good person with a mood disorder. Lock the doors GC!

#66   2013/09/17 06:25AM
    trinilisa

Quote punter:
    Quote KeepingItReal: When Sharon burnt down the house she should of been institutionalize...she was a threat to society and herself.

I'm thankful this is not real as if this was.....she would be locked up in a facility and monitored.

Exactly.. Sharon should have been institutionalized after torching Victor's home. Faith is not safe with Sharon.

And judging by yesterday's Canadian, Noah should watch his back, too...

#67   2013/09/17 06:29AM
    calliope

This woman plainly knows right from wrong.

#68   2013/09/17 06:36AM
    trinilisa

Quote Ethelmae02:
    Quote mahina:
    Quote JRTA:
    Quote mahina: In this bipolar situation isn't the doctor supposed to follow up on her patients? Some people (not all) with this illness need someone to look after them and unfortunately Sharon is all alone.

In the ideal world, the answer to your question would be yes. But this isn't an ideal world and this is a complex illness (nevermind that it's a soap, and it's about the drama). There is only so much the Dr can do, and only so much they can do in regards to their patient and getting them to comply with therapy.

The other thing is, the diagnosis is new. Less then a year. It can take years for an individual to find stability but first they have to accept the diagnosis of having Bipolar disorder and that IMO, hasn't happened here.

Thank you for explaining JRTA. I didn't know the diagnosis can take that long. Youre right this is only a soap. I would love it if they cure Sharon tomorrow or say she has a brain tumor instead. Because it is so sad to read all the ignorant posts.
    "ignorant posts? I thought poster bashing was against the rules on this board? its no need to insult those posters who are expressing their opinions whether you agree or not. Its no need to insult people cause you dont share their opinions. I highly doubt posters who post here are ignorant,etc. You can always avoid threads which you deem "ignorant" as well.

I got into trouble with admin when I called out someone, and they said to just report the poster instead:
    forum.admin@soaps.com

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list