List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/09/16 11:44AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/17 06:36AM, Views: 2121, Replies: 67
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #31   2013/09/16 01:45PM
    Re: Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?
    KeepingItReal

Sharon s/l sends the wrong message from thouse that deal with bi-polar.

There are real people out there that don't burn down houses, switch test result, etc.

She has the shop lifting thing down though.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/16 01:49PM
    #32   2013/09/16 01:47PM
    LJMOM812

Quote JRTA:
    Quote LJMOM812:
    Quote JRTA:
    Quote mahina: In this bipolar situation isn't the doctor supposed to follow up on her patients? Some people (not all) with this illness need someone to look after them and unfortunately Sharon is all alone.

In the ideal world, the answer to your question would be yes. But this isn't an ideal world and this is a complex illness (nevermind that it's a soap, and it's about the drama). There is only so much the Dr can do, and only so much they can do in regards to their patient and getting them to comply with therapy.

The other thing is, the diagnosis is new. Less then a year. It can take years for an individual to find stability but first they have to accept the diagnosis of having Bipolar disorder and that IMO, hasn't happened here.

I appreciate your intelligent and rational posts, JRTA. I was also wondering about Sharon's Doctor. If a patient isn't making her appointments or seems to be off her meds., does the doctor need to inform family members? Especially with Sharon's history, i.e. the fire. I am wondering why we haven't seen the doctor in so long. This part of the s/l doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks

Patient confidentiality still applies. Unless the patient signs off, the Dr is limited on what can be done. Unless the Dr sees an immediate danger, which she didn't in May, she can't force Sharon to do anything, nor can she discuss Sharon's case with family. I am Bipolar and I have to sign a consent to release with my psychiatrist and support worker yearly for them to speak to my husband and other care providers. I know it also took me two years to accept my diagnosis and take my meds and therapy seriously.

As for the Y&R, they will bring the dr in when it suits s/l, and right now, it doesn't. Drama over reality.

Thanks for sharing. I think so many people are ignorant of BPD--me included. I hope that once Sharon's doc is back involved, there will be some clarification and education on what she has been going through so the viewers will understand the reasons behind her behaviors. I thought I heard her doctor will be back on Friday--can't wait! Thanks again for being open about your own personal experience. I am sorry there is so much ignorance and insensitivity out there!

#33   2013/09/16 01:50PM
    Yale Steam

I posted this to say and point out that many of her fans are excusing Sharon saying this (all the stuff she has done) is not her fault. She is sick and off her meds.

Well, who's fault is that?

#34   2013/09/16 01:52PM
    KeepingItReal

Gad this is "reel".

smh

Her doctor would of been monitoring her all along....So we have a mentally ill person walking around that is not being monitored?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/16 01:55PM
    #35   2013/09/16 01:53PM
    trinilisa

Quote KeepingItReal: Sharon s/l sends the wrong message from thouse that deal with bi-polar.

There are real people out there that don't burn down houses, switch test result, etc.

Totally!

#36   2013/09/16 01:54PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote Yale Steam: I posted this to say and point out that many of her fans are excusing Sharon saying this (all the stuff she has done) is not her fault. She is sick and off her meds.

I was once a fan but I don't make excuses.

Every character is responsible for the actions and that goes with Sharon too.

Having bi-polar if that is the case does not excuse you from your actions....especially if your actions could of cause a life loss or directly affected another's life.

#37   2013/09/16 01:54PM
    LJMOM812

Quote Yale Steam: I posted this to say and point out that many of her fans are excusing Sharon saying this (all the stuff she has done) is not her fault. She is sick and off her meds.

As a Sharon fan, I would say that she is responsible for all the things she has done so I am waiting for her to be "found" out so she can get the help she needs to get healthy again and make amends to all the people she has harmed.

#38   2013/09/16 01:59PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote KeepingItReal: Sharon s/l sends the wrong message from those that deal with bi-polar.

Totally!

Trini, if the doctor really knew what Sharon has done...she would not be walking around town.

Not everything I can gloss over in bubbleland.

#39   2013/09/16 07:48PM
    punter

Quote KeepingItReal: Sharon is responsible for the fall..

1st she never should of been in the stairwell with Phyllis....if she never followed Phyllis to stop her from telling the "truth"

2nd...it was because of the struggle for the phone....which did not belong to Sharon....why Phyllis fell.

Now if Sharon was not in that stairwell and did not try taking that phone from Phyllis....Phyllis would of fallen.

Much less, she left the woman there for dead and even took her lipstick cause she thought it was hers.

Just by Sharon actions....the sequence of events took place.....

Yep, I did the math...

Now if you subtract Sharon out of that equations...Phyllis would be here.

But that not the topic...it all about who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds.....that is Sharon.

What I don't understand is her blantant lieing about taking them....or did she just space out and forget.

She just seems too calculating......like those psycho's on Criminal Minds.

GREAT POST and totally accurate. Sharon is responsible for Sharon and no one else. Sharon is responsible for hurting a lot of people all so she can get her Newman fix.

#40   2013/09/16 08:13PM
    punter

Quote KeepingItReal: When Sharon burnt down the house she should of been institutionalize...she was a threat to society and herself.

I'm thankful this is not real as if this was.....she would be locked up in a facility and monitored.

Exactly.. Sharon should have been institutionalized after torching Victor's home. Faith is not safe with Sharon.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list