List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/09/16 11:44AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/17 06:36AM, Views: 1991, Replies: 67
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #21   2013/09/16 01:31PM
    Re: Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?
    KeepingItReal

Quote JUJU41:
    Quote JRTA:
    Quote Yale Steam: Sharon is an adult. She is off her meds, it's her fault and her responsibily, no one else's.

Her being off her meds is her choice. Therefore all that she is done is her fault as sick as she may be.

Being off her meds does not excuse her or give her a free pass for all that she has done.

Yes, Sharon is responsible for taken her medication.

That said, this is NOT a simple black and white situation and painting it as such, shows a lack of understanding for the illness and the many factors involved.

But since there is no interest to understand the illness and just to bash the character, I won't waste my time.

Your time is not wasted on me. So often people with Sharons disorder think they are better so quit taking their meds.

This poster loves to talk about bashing a fictional character because of this poorly written bi-polar s/l.

Everyone takes time to post and everyones opinion counts.

Just because Sharon bi-polar is not being presented well doesn't mean peeps are bashing her.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/16 01:33PM
    #22   2013/09/16 01:32PM
    JRTA

Quote KeepingItReal: Is this a trick questions as it is the patient's responsibilty to take her meds.

But based on her actions it's obvious she is not well enough to even make that decision on her own and hence why she should be locked up in a facilty in which the doctor(s) could ensure she takes her meds and get gets therapy too.

Locking her up and forcing her to take meds and therapy won't solve the problem. Until the person accepts the diagnosis, until they have the supports they need, the cycle will continue. One of the reasons is a lack of understand of what living with a mental illness truly is like. There is no quick fix, and it is a constant battle. And even doing EVERYTHING right, a person can still fail.

#23   2013/09/16 01:32PM
    KeepingItReal

When Sharon burnt down the house she should of been institutionalize...she was a threat to society and herself.

I'm thankful this is not real as if this was.....she would be locked up in a facility and monitored.

#24   2013/09/16 01:33PM
    calliope

The thing is that Sharon knows right from wrong. She knows what she has done is wrong, that is why she has conjured up Cassie to talk to. She is completely able to act like she is fine when she is around other people. She does not want to take her meds because they don't make her feel like herself. She is responsible for not taking her meds. Her doctor cannot speak with anyone. And he cannot force her to see him. She can be Baker Acted if someone sees she is a danger to herself or others. It may come to that.

#25   2013/09/16 01:34PM
    trinilisa

Quote KeepingItReal: Sharon is responsible for the fall..

1st she never should of been in the stairwell with Phyllis....if she never followed Phyllis to stop her from telling the "truth"

2nd...it was because of the struggle for the phone....which did not belong to Sharon....why Phyllis fell.

Now if Sharon was not in that stairwell and did not try taking that phone from Phyllis....Phyllis would of fallen.

Much less, she left the woman there for dead and even took her lipstick cause she thought it was hers.

Just by Sharon actions....the sequence of events took place.....

Yep, I did the math...

Now if you subtract Sharon out of that equations...Phyllis would be here.

But that not the topic...it all about who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds.....that is Sharon.

What I don't understand is her blantant lieing about taking them....or did she just space out and forget.

She just seems too calculating......like those psycho's on Criminal Minds.

And she sure seems to know how to turn her "illness" on and off....

#26   2013/09/16 01:34PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote JRTA:
    Quote KeepingItReal: Is this a trick questions as it is the patient's responsibilty to take her meds.

But based on her actions it's obvious she is not well enough to even make that decision on her own and hence why she should be locked up in a facilty in which the doctor(s) could ensure she takes her meds and get gets therapy too.

Locking her up and forcing her to take meds and therapy won't solve the problem. Until the person accepts the diagnosis, until they have the supports they need, the cycle will continue. One of the reasons is a lack of understand of what living with a mental illness truly is like. There is no quick fix, and it is a constant battle. And even doing EVERYTHING right, a person can still fail.

She should be in a facility and monitored.

Again, I'm glad this is "reel".

#27   2013/09/16 01:36PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote calliope: The thing is that Sharon knows right from wrong. She knows what she has done is wrong, that is why she has conjured up Cassie to talk to. She is completely able to act like she is fine when she is around other people. She does not want to take her meds because they don't make her feel like herself. She is responsible for not taking her meds. Her doctor cannot speak with anyone. And he cannot force her to see him. She can be Baker Acted if someone sees she is a danger to herself or others. It may come to that.

Cal, I'm sure her doctor doesn't know that she burnt down a house and did all those things.

Otherwise they would have her institutionalize...not a "self help" program...

There is no way they would deem her fit to walk the streets.....much less be in care of a young child.

#28   2013/09/16 01:40PM
    trinilisa

Quote calliope: The thing is that Sharon knows right from wrong. She knows what she has done is wrong, that is why she has conjured up Cassie to talk to. She is completely able to act like she is fine when she is around other people. She does not want to take her meds because they don't make her feel like herself. She is responsible for not taking her meds. Her doctor cannot speak with anyone. And he cannot force her to see him. She can be Baker Acted if someone sees she is a danger to herself or others. It may come to that.

See, that's the thing. She turns it on and off so well that I'm not sure who would see her talking to Cassie (which would look like she's talking to herself). Noah and Nick already bought what she sold about taking her meds. (Well, now Noah knows the truth). And on Friday's spoilers, she plays Cupid...
    She knows how to hide her "illness" quite well in front of others; some skillful form of "BPD" she's got...publically, she's got it under control without the meds...again, interesting....and convenient...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/16 01:44PM
    #29   2013/09/16 01:43PM
    KeepingItReal

One set of pills would never of worked too...

Involuntatry committment is where this character is heading and the courts better see it this time.

Can't believe the judge last time when Victoria took her in and that idiot deemed her fit. (even though we all knew she wasnt....Mrs. "I Do" to Tucker) smh.

Unfortunatly, her doctor should of been seeing her all this time and she should of been on a combination of meds...

What a joke of a s/l when we have Sharon making very calculating decisions...and I've yet to see her "manic"...since drunk stance and burning down the house.

#30   2013/09/16 01:44PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote JRTA:

one little problem

this is not the real world and I do not watch soaps to be educated on mental illness!

in the real world a person like Sharon would be in a facility

but this is a soap and she can run amook and do what she wants and some believe it is never her fault

I do not watch soaps for lessons in morality or about religon, how to run a business, how to raise a child or medical diagnosis!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list