List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/09/16 11:44AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/17 06:36AM, Views: 2143, Replies: 67
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/16 11:44AM
    Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?
    Yale Steam

Sharon is an adult. She is off her meds, it's her fault and her responsibily, no one else's.

Her being off her meds is her choice. Therefore all that she is done is her fault as sick as she may be.

Being off her meds does not excuse her or give her a free pass for all that she has done.

#2   2013/09/16 11:51AM
    Re: Who is responsible for Sharon taking her meds?
    CGabriel510

Quote Yale Steam: Sharon is an adult. She is off her meds, it's her fault and her responsibily, no one else's.

Her being off her meds is her choice. Therefore all that she is done is her fault as sick as she may be.

Being off her meds does not excuse her or give her a free pass for all that she has done.

True,
    however (last I checked) she hasn't committed ANY crime.
    (Phyllis's fall was HER fault, NOT Sharon's)

#3   2013/09/16 12:01PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote CGabriel510:
    Quote Yale Steam: Sharon is an adult. She is off her meds, it's her fault and her responsibily, no one else's.

True,
    however (last I checked) she hasn't committed ANY crime.
    (Phyllis's fall was HER fault, NOT Sharon's)

arson is no a crime?

grand theft is not a crime?

claiming a dead man is her husband is not a crime?

attempt to commit bigomy is not a crime?

what she did to Newman Enterprises is not a crime?

what she has done to Summer's life is not a crime?

and I am sorry, but Sharon is 100% to blame for Phyllis's accident and she left the scene without renedering aid

there are more do you want to hear them?

#4   2013/09/16 12:02PM
    TxRangerFan

you are right

Sharon is 100% responsible for not taking her meds

she needs to be in a facility where her medication is forced down her throat.

#5   2013/09/16 12:07PM
    JRTA

Yes, Sharon is responsible for taken her medication.

That said, this is NOT a simple black and white situation and painting it as such, shows a lack of understanding for the illness and the many factors involved.

But since there is no interest to understand the illness and just to bash the character, I won't waste my time.

#6   2013/09/16 12:22PM
    mahina

In this bipolar situation isn't the doctor supposed to follow up on her patients? Some people (not all) with this illness need someone to look after them and unfortunately Sharon is all alone.

#7   2013/09/16 12:24PM
    trinilisa

Quote TxRangerFan:

you are right

Sharon is 100% responsible for not taking her meds

she needs to be in a facility where her medication is forced down her throat.

Belleview (or another mental facility) may be the only way. In my opinion, it looks like she is either unable or unwilling to take her meds propperly; she was mixing them with alcohol at one point. Now, it appears that she just stopped taking them. I have to wonder whether she would still be able to "see" Cassie if she actually took her meds. I doubt it, but I'm no expert in meds. Either way, I think you're right; a trip to the psych ward may be in hers (and especially Faith's) best interest to try and get her on some sort of track...

#8   2013/09/16 12:30PM
    trinilisa

Quote mahina: In this bipolar situation isn't the doctor supposed to follow up on her patients? Some people (not all) with this illness need someone to look after them and unfortunately Sharon is all alone.

She seemed to be upset with the doctor when she tried to talk to her about her fear of being alone and constant need for a man, as well as her recommendation to stay away from Nick and Adam, plus she has gone against everything that the doctor has advised her. So I'm not sure the doctor has any sort of influence on her, and she doesn't have the need to see a doctor because she's obsessed with Nick right now...she wants Dr. Nick...

#9   2013/09/16 12:38PM
    JRTA

Quote mahina: In this bipolar situation isn't the doctor supposed to follow up on her patients? Some people (not all) with this illness need someone to look after them and unfortunately Sharon is all alone.

In the ideal world, the answer to your question would be yes. But this isn't an ideal world and this is a complex illness (nevermind that it's a soap, and it's about the drama). There is only so much the Dr can do, and only so much they can do in regards to their patient and getting them to comply with therapy.

The other thing is, the diagnosis is new. Less then a year. It can take years for an individual to find stability but first they have to accept the diagnosis of having Bipolar disorder and that IMO, hasn't happened here.

#10   2013/09/16 12:44PM
    mahina

Quote trinilisa:

She seemed to be upset with the doctor when she tried to talk to her about her fear of being alone and constant need for a man, as well as her recommendation to stay away from Nick and Adam, plus she has gone against everything that the doctor has advised her. So I'm not sure the doctor has any sort of influence on her, and she doesn't have the need to see a doctor because she's obsessed with Nick right now...she wants Dr. Nick...

I hate how the writers make Sharon out to be so needy or obsessed of Adam and Nick. It would' be nice if its platonic. Then the s/l can play out more realistic. Love Cassie but the ghost is a big joke.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list