List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....

Started by Kelby at 2013/09/14 06:53AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/16 06:44PM, Views: 4398, Replies: 56
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #21   2013/09/14 11:46AM
    Re: My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....
    Kelby

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Kelby:
    Quote Lanie1959:
    Quote Kelby:
    Quote BobbiSox: I don't mind that they changed the actress; I like them both. My problem is changing the character. They took a serious minded business woman and turned her into a whining, pouty goofball who can't make up her mind about anything: her father, her husband, her job.

This a quote I really agree with. They changed Victoria's character a great deal when AH took over the part. Most of it has to do with writing, but she still looks like she is going to laugh in some of her serious scenes. How do you explain that? LOL I know what of her features is natural and then you have bad acting, because you can not keep in character. Ha!

But that's not AH's fault, the writing team makes those decisions.....you should know this site has a policy about criticizing actors ..just an FYI if you reported you could get banned

The writing team tells her how to act. Where does the director play in all this? I have said positive about AH. If criticizing actors will get someone banned, the message board should be shut down altogether. There never should have been one in the first place. Nothing wrong with an opinion. And furthermore, Y&R is going to be canceled soon anyway, so the message board will have no use.

Kelby, stop already! This board has been around forever and will stay around long after you and me are gone, LOL. Love your posts, but not when they are all about the show folding, or the board closing down! I know, I know, it's you're opinion and you're sticking to it. Just sayin'.

My posts are presumptuous. I get that. My opinion is annoying and negative. But it is truly my opinion though. It is not popular here. I guess. I have stated that I think the show is going to fold sooner than later. I do not want it to, but it is along time coming. Someone stated that I should not criticize an actress and that would get me removed from the board. I say, well, if that is the case, you can remove the whole message board and everyone from it, because that is the point of having one. So we can all talk about what we like or dislike about the show. Mine is more on the dislike side of things. Did not use to be. It is just an opinion. I like your posts, too. But, at the same time, your post is basically telling me to suppress my opinion or get a new one. Well, I say....say whatever you want BobbiSox. It is your right. No hard feelings.

#22   2013/09/14 11:52AM
    JUJU41

Quote calliope: It took a bit to adjust to AH but now I think she IS Victoria.

I totally agree. I really like Amelia. She has such an interesting look about her.

#23   2013/09/14 03:51PM
    BobbiSox

Quote Kelby:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Kelby:
    Quote Lanie1959:
    Quote Kelby:
    Quote BobbiSox: I don't mind that they changed the actress; I like them both. My problem is changing the character. They took a serious minded business woman and turned her into a whining, pouty goofball who can't make up her mind about anything: her father, her husband, her job.

This a quote I really agree with. They changed Victoria's character a great deal when AH took over the part. Most of it has to do with writing, but she still looks like she is going to laugh in some of her serious scenes. How do you explain that? LOL I know what of her features is natural and then you have bad acting, because you can not keep in character. Ha!

But that's not AH's fault, the writing team makes those decisions.....you should know this site has a policy about criticizing actors ..just an FYI if you reported you could get banned

The writing team tells her how to act. Where does the director play in all this? I have said positive about AH. If criticizing actors will get someone banned, the message board should be shut down altogether. There never should have been one in the first place. Nothing wrong with an opinion. And furthermore, Y&R is going to be canceled soon anyway, so the message board will have no use.

Kelby, stop already! This board has been around forever and will stay around long after you and me are gone, LOL. Love your posts, but not when they are all about the show folding, or the board closing down! I know, I know, it's you're opinion and you're sticking to it. Just sayin'.

My posts are presumptuous. I get that. My opinion is annoying and negative. But it is truly my opinion though. It is not popular here. I guess. I have stated that I think the show is going to fold sooner than later. I do not want it to, but it is along time coming. Someone stated that I should not criticize an actress and that would get me removed from the board. I say, well, if that is the case, you can remove the whole message board and everyone from it, because that is the point of having one. So we can all talk about what we like or dislike about the show. Mine is more on the dislike side of things. Did not use to be. It is just an opinion. I like your posts, too. But, at the same time, your post is basically telling me to suppress my opinion or get a new one. Well, I say....say whatever you want BobbiSox. It is your right. No hard feelings.

Who said anything about changing your opinion, or suppressing it? I only said I didn't like it! Who am I? Nobody to worry about, that's for sure. Sorry I said anything. Let's kiss and make up, sugar. Now lets get back to the business of posting our opinions.

#24   2013/09/14 07:03PM
    Scotia

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Kelby: Does she not look like in many of her serious scenes like she is going to laugh? This has bothered me for a long time. Stop it already. The reaction to Avery not showing up at the wedding was ew. At one point it looked like she was grinning. I miss Heather Tom. Sorry.

If Billy is with her, he is probably tickling her under the table or whispering outrageous things to her.

I agree with you, I think it would be difficult to be serious with him, I actually love them together, and I think there is a lot of spontaneity between them. I do know what is meant by her expressions being off sometimes, but I still think she does a great job with the material she is given, and having to deal with Billy Miller, LOL!

#25   2013/09/14 07:19PM
    trixie60

Quote coolkraft: agree....never liked her...Heather Tom was much better

ITA I watch B&B and Heather Tom is an amazing actress. Sorry to all the Amelia fans but there is no comparison. I wish that HT could have stayed on Y&R.

#26   2013/09/14 07:43PM
    calliope

Heather Thom is great, no denying. She is on B&B now. She is not coming back. Why the constant comparisons? Amelia is not Heather. Amelia does justice to the spoiled, craving Daddy's approval Victoria. She portrays TGVN's daughter beautifully.

#27   2013/09/14 07:46PM
    Scotia

Quote calliope: Heather Thom is great, no denying. She is on B&B now. She is not coming back. Why the constant comparisons? Amelia is not Heather. Amelia does justice to the spoiled, craving Daddy's approval Victoria. She portrays TGVN's daughter beautifully.

Definitely!

#28   2013/09/14 07:58PM
    mahina

Quote Kelby: Does she not look like in many of her serious scenes like she is going to laugh? This has bothered me for a long time. Stop it already. The reaction to Avery not showing up at the wedding was ew. At one point it looked like she was grinning. I miss Heather Tom. Sorry.

Kelby now that you mentioned this you're not alone. I noticed this annoying trait too. AH can't do her serious scenes as well as Heather Tom. Grinning during a serious scene is not supposed to be goofy Sinister, evil or cunning.....yes. She should take some hints from HT, MS, MM, GR, SH (Patty).

#29   2013/09/14 08:03PM
    mahina

Quote Kelby:

It is hard to explain why she wants to laugh, isn't it?? I doubt the writers want her to laugh in these serious scenes. They need to tell her to knock it off.

#30   2013/09/14 08:06PM
    trixie60

Quote calliope: Heather Thom is great, no denying. She is on B&B now. She is not coming back. Why the constant comparisons? Amelia is not Heather. Amelia does justice to the spoiled, craving Daddy's approval Victoria. She portrays TGVN's daughter beautifully.

The constant comparisons is because we have a right to our opinions. Is comparing one actress to another actress bashing? If it is, then it has been done many times in this thread.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list