List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....

Started by Kelby at 2013/09/14 06:53AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/16 06:44PM, Views: 4193, Replies: 56
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2013/09/14 07:52AM
    Re: My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....
    Kelby

Quote Homesick Cajun: Kelby, normally I agree with everything you say! But this one time I don't. I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but I really like AH as Victoria. I LOVE Heather Tom, make no mistake about it, I think she is knocking it out of the park as Katie Logan Spenser on B&B. She is an outstanding actress. I just think AH plays the part of the entitled, spoiled brat, daddy's girl better. JMO

I really think we don't know what any of these actors are capable of. With the right dialogue, no telling what they could do with it. Until we get better writers, I am really hard pressed to be too critical of any of them...

Thank you all for your responses. The writing has a great deal to do with it, but her acting is off. I have this same problem with Chandler Massey, Will on DOOL. He is a pretty good actor and then he throws me off by looking like he is going to laugh in some of his serious scenes. It really bothers me. LOL

#12   2013/09/14 07:54AM
    Lanie1959

Quote Kelby:
    Quote BobbiSox: I don't mind that they changed the actress; I like them both. My problem is changing the character. They took a serious minded business woman and turned her into a whining, pouty goofball who can't make up her mind about anything: her father, her husband, her job.

This a quote I really agree with. They changed Victoria's character a great deal when AH took over the part. Most of it has to do with writing, but she still looks like she is going to laugh in some of her serious scenes. How do you explain that? LOL I know what of her features is natural and then you have bad acting, because you can not keep in character. Ha!

But that's not AH's fault, the writing team makes those decisions.....you should know this site has a policy about criticizing actors ..just an FYI if you reported you could get banned

#13   2013/09/14 08:21AM
    Lizzytish

I haven't like Victoria since Amelia took over either, but the problem is not Amelia -- the problem is that they completed change the character after Heather left.

You remember Heather's Victoria was a spitfire -- well there was an article about a scene HT's Victoria did with Victor where she was to slap him in the face. The article said Eric Braeden came unglued at that and refused to do the scene -- I think they ultimate convinced him to do it, but I think he had a lot to do with how the character changed after that. HT left the show around the same time -- not due to that, but because they were backburnering her character for a while. That's when Victoria went to Italy to study art == when she returned, she was a wimp played by AH. LOL

#14   2013/09/14 08:26AM
    Kelby

Quote Lanie1959:
    Quote Kelby:
    Quote BobbiSox: I don't mind that they changed the actress; I like them both. My problem is changing the character. They took a serious minded business woman and turned her into a whining, pouty goofball who can't make up her mind about anything: her father, her husband, her job.

This a quote I really agree with. They changed Victoria's character a great deal when AH took over the part. Most of it has to do with writing, but she still looks like she is going to laugh in some of her serious scenes. How do you explain that? LOL I know what of her features is natural and then you have bad acting, because you can not keep in character. Ha!

But that's not AH's fault, the writing team makes those decisions.....you should know this site has a policy about criticizing actors ..just an FYI if you reported you could get banned

The writing team tells her how to act. Where does the director play in all this? I have said positive about AH. If criticizing actors will get someone banned, the message board should be shut down altogether. There never should have been one in the first place. Nothing wrong with an opinion. And furthermore, Y&R is going to be canceled soon anyway, so the message board will have no use.

#15   2013/09/14 08:29AM
    Kelby

Quote Lizzytish: I haven't like Victoria since Amelia took over either, but the problem is not Amelia -- the problem is that they completed change the character after Heather left.

You remember Heather's Victoria was a spitfire -- well there was an article about a scene HT's Victoria did with Victor where she was to slap him in the face. The article said Eric Braeden came unglued at that and refused to do the scene -- I think they ultimate convinced him to do it, but I think he had a lot to do with how the character changed after that. HT left the show around the same time -- not due to that, but because they were backburnering her character for a while. That's when Victoria went to Italy to study art == when she returned, she was a wimp played by AH. LOL

It is totally writing and the actress. That scene where Heather Tom (Victoria) slapped Victor those years ago was dynamite. Wow! Powerful! We will never get that again. Good times.

#16   2013/09/14 08:30AM
    BobbiSox

Quote Kelby:
    Quote Lanie1959:
    Quote Kelby:

The writing team tells her how to act. Where does the director play in all this? I have said positive about AH. If criticizing actors will get someone banned, the message board should be shut down altogether. There never should have been one in the first place. Nothing wrong with an opinion. And furthermore, Y&R is going to be canceled soon anyway, so the message board will have no use.

Kelby, stop already! This board has been around forever and will stay around long after you and me are gone, LOL. Love your posts, but not when they are all about the show folding, or the board closing down! I know, I know, it's you're opinion and you're sticking to it. Just sayin'.

#17   2013/09/14 08:44AM
    Blue 501

Quote Kelby: Does she not look like in many of her serious scenes like she is going to laugh? This has bothered me for a long time. Stop it already. The reaction to Avery not showing up at the wedding was ew. At one point it looked like she was grinning. I miss Heather Tom. Sorry.

If Billy is with her, he is probably tickling her under the table or whispering outrageous things to her.

#18   2013/09/14 10:26AM
    soapsrfun

I think I am really in the minority, but I think AH makes a much better Victoria. Not a fan of HT either as Victoria or as Katie on B&B. I also think Amelia and Billy Miller have fantastic chemistry and they really make Victoria and Billy a super couple.

#19   2013/09/14 10:54AM
    villyforever55

Quote soapsrfun: I think I am really in the minority, but I think AH makes a much better Victoria. Not a fan of HT either as Victoria or as Katie on B&B. I also think Amelia and Billy Miller have fantastic chemistry and they really make Victoria and Billy a super couple.

No, you are not in the minority. I agree 100%! They are great together and are a true Super Couple.

#20   2013/09/14 11:08AM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Homesick Cajun: Kelby, normally I agree with everything you say! But this one time I don't. I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but I really like AH as Victoria. I LOVE Heather Tom, make no mistake about it, I think she is knocking it out of the park as Katie Logan Spenser on B&B. She is an outstanding actress. I just think AH plays the part of the entitled, spoiled brat, daddy's girl better. JMO

I really think we don't know what any of these actors are capable of. With the right dialogue, no telling what they could do with it. Until we get better writers, I am really hard pressed to be too critical of any of them...

You're not alone HC - Once again we're on the same page. As you said, nothing against Heather Tom because I think that she is a terrific actress, but I too have come to like Amelia Heinle in the role of Victoria. I think AH is very talented and she can be endearing as Victoria one minute in her scenes with Billy and yet I'd like to throttle her when she is daddy's ruthless little favored brat. I think that she plays both parts equally well and she has made it possible for me to be happy with a recast character.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list