List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What has me bugged for years ....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What has me bugged for years ....

Started by switzerland at 2013/09/13 09:49PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/24 10:50PM, Views: 746, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2013/09/13 09:49PM
    What has me bugged for years ....
    switzerland

What has bothered me about Sharon's character is the way they have painted her in a corner. She has no friends. Phyllis had Lauren and Michael. Kevin through all his troubles burning down a restaurant had all these people feeling sorry for him. He has his mother his brother his sister in law his nephew Katherine. All because his father beat him and locked him in a closet. Adam who has switched babies and countless other horrors now has his BFF Jack! Sharon hasn't had a friend since Dru. Where's Doris? The only one in her corner is Noah. The way they write this character is terrible. They have her unrecognizable and it's kinda like a horse who needs to be put out of it's misery! SC is a good actress and to see reduced to interacting with her dead daughter does her no justice. No wonder I have started FF through her scenes.

#2   2013/09/14 06:46AM
    Re: What has me bugged for years ....
    Kelby

Quote switzerland: What has bothered me about Sharon's character is the way they have painted her in a corner. She has no friends. Phyllis had Lauren and Michael. Kevin through all his troubles burning down a restaurant had all these people feeling sorry for him. He has his mother his brother his sister in law his nephew Katherine. All because his father beat him and locked him in a closet. Adam who has switched babies and countless other horrors now has his BFF Jack! Sharon hasn't had a friend since Dru. Where's Doris? The only one in her corner is Noah. The way they write this character is terrible. They have her unrecognizable and it's kinda like a horse who needs to be put out of it's misery! SC is a good actress and to see reduced to interacting with her dead daughter does her no justice. No wonder I have started FF through her scenes.

If you have any brains and taste at all, this should all bother you. This is why TV shows get canceled. Horrible writing that makes absolutely no sense. You can not abdicate it. The character of Sharon has been destroyed and the only ones who can fix it, are not fixing it. The current writers come in and add on to what is already bad written history and it gets worse and worse, until no one is watching and you have to cancel. The character of Kevin is a s..t show! I can not stand his face. He is a horrible guy and then they try to "redeem" him in the Gina's restaurant, you try to kill Colleen and everybody in town in his friend. What the h..l! If the writers had any clue at all, he would not have had any interaction with Katherine at all. He had no business being at her funeral or will reading. He burned down Katherine's stepdaughter Gina's restaurant and tried to kill Colleen by trapping her in there. Katherine's great friend John Abbott's granddaughter. F..k off writers! Do not ask me to eat s..t. This is precisely why most people with a brain are not watching the show regularly or at all. If they wanted to redeem Kevin, you can not have him interact with those people. That is nuts! Y&Rs days are short.

#3   2013/09/14 06:50AM
    Axl Rose

I understand how you feel but at the same time then again I really don't because at the same time Sharon her character has been in a bad way for a very long time and it doesn't look like she's getting any better or the writing for her isn't getting any better so her being painted into a corner maybe this is their way of getting rid of her altogether

#4   2013/09/14 07:35AM
    Blue 501

Quote Axl Rose: I understand how you feel but at the same time then again I really don't because at the same time Sharon her character has been in a bad way for a very long time and it doesn't look like she's getting any better or the writing for her isn't getting any better so her being painted into a corner maybe this is their way of getting rid of her altogether

I think the writers treat Sharon badly for the same reason they practically wrote Michael Fairland(?) (Murphy) out. Both of them are former members of the "Church" of S. & then left it or tried to distance themselves from it. Another actress I will not name got a lot of plum story lines & air time partly b/c she WAS a member of the same "Church" which contributed heavily to MAB's favorite charities. At least, this is what has been widely reported.

#5   2013/09/14 07:44AM
    Kelby

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Axl Rose: I understand how you feel but at the same time then again I really don't because at the same time Sharon her character has been in a bad way for a very long time and it doesn't look like she's getting any better or the writing for her isn't getting any better so her being painted into a corner maybe this is their way of getting rid of her altogether

I think the writers treat Sharon badly for the same reason they practically wrote Michael Fairland(?) (Murphy) out. Both of them are former members of the "Church" of S. & then left it or tried to distance themselves from it. Another actress I will not name got a lot of plum story lines & air time partly b/c she WAS a member of the same "Church" which contributed heavily to MAB's favorite charities. At least, this is what has been widely reported.

That would be crazy as h..l if that was true. I have heard some of those rumors or whatever, but I had not heard anything about Sharon Case not being a Scientologist any longer. Good for her if that is true. Good for Murphy. Good for Leah and all the rest. I believe in your right to believe whatever, but that church/organization rubs me the wrong way.

#6   2013/09/24 10:50PM
    trumbles

Has everyone forgotten that she has a mental illness and hasn't taken her meds OR gone to therapy?!?! This is not an overnight storyline; this has been going on for years. Now we have a reason for her behavior and a solution that she is avoiding. Redeeming her won't be that hard because she IS sick. Also, the writers did not have her actually push Phyllis, so she isn't an attempted murderer either.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list