List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Faith wants Mommy and Daddy together?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Faith wants Mommy and Daddy together?

Started by Tybee Island at 2013/09/13 05:47AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/14 07:51AM, Views: 1007, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/13 05:47AM
    Faith wants Mommy and Daddy together?
    Tybee Island

I have a hard time believing that Faith wants Mommy and Daddy together to be a family. Why didn't she act out when Nick was married to Phyllis? My question is, what family? She has been back and forth between Sharon and Nick from the beginning. Why is this an issue now?

#2   2013/09/13 05:48AM
    Re: Faith wants Mommy and Daddy together?
    Lanie1959

Her wackadoo mother is feeding her a pipe dream

#3   2013/09/13 06:27AM
    Homesick Cajun

She is being brainwashed by her mother to believe that is what she wants. They have never been a family in her lifetime. Sharon is manipulating the child to believe this fairy tale.

#4   2013/09/13 07:58AM
    jilltidwell

She isn't being brainwashed by anyone. Nick is so busy thinking about himself that he went from Phyllis to Avery in two seconds flat. He never has given her time to adjust to Avery. But, what kid don't want her parents together? She is having a normal reaction.

#5   2013/09/13 08:07AM
    LJMOM812

Quote Tybee Island: I have a hard time believing that Faith wants Mommy and Daddy together to be a family. Why didn't she act out when Nick was married to Phyllis? My question is, what family? She has been back and forth between Sharon and Nick from the beginning. Why is this an issue now?

I think you answered your own question. She has been back and forth between Sharon and Nick. Enough is enough. After all she is only 6. I don't know why this has to be all on Sharon. Nick is jumping into another marriage way too soon. And with his ex-wife's sister no less. That alone is pretty messed up. He needs to spend some much needed alone time with his daughter in my opinion instead of barreling into another relationship. Avery has mixed feeling as well. If I was Avery, I don't think I would want to marry someone whose child is so against the relationship. When you marry someone with children, it is a package deal and IMO, the children's needs should come first. I was a single mom and if my son didn't like who I was with, that guy was history. Now I am married to a great guy who my son liked right from the start.

I think Faith started disliking Avery before Sharon's delusions started; but obviously, Sharon is taking advantage of Faith's dislike of Avery, but I don't think there is any brainwashing involved. Again, it is not Sharon's responsibility to get Faith to like Avery. That is all on Nick. Maybe Faith is picking up on the fact that Avery is still in love with Dylan. Who knows. JMO

#6   2013/09/13 08:09AM
    Licorice_423

Quote jilltidwell: She isn't being brainwashed by anyone. Nick is so busy thinking about himself that he went from Phyllis to Avery in two seconds flat. He never has given her time to adjust to Avery. But, what kid don't want her parents together? She is having a normal reaction.

I would buy that more if she had actually had her parents together which she has never had. For the few years of her life that she can actually remember anything, her parents have NEVER been together. Sharon was the one who started filling Faith's head with fantasies about how they were going to be a family. Sharon is the one who started this. Avery has been around enough for Faith to get used to Avery. I'm sorry but Faith is acting like a brat instead of an upset child about mommy and daddy not being together. I was so happy that Nick FINALLY was stern with her yesterday. She is always coddled. There comes a point where she needs discipline and not coddling. She has become beyond rude and disrespectful to an ADULT who does not deserve that treatment. She can dislike Avery all she wants, but Avery is the adult and at least deserves respect from a child.

#7   2013/09/13 08:12AM
    jilltidwell

Quote Licorice_423:
    Quote jilltidwell: She isn't being brainwashed by anyone. Nick is so busy thinking about himself that he went from Phyllis to Avery in two seconds flat. He never has given her time to adjust to Avery. But, what kid don't want her parents together? She is having a normal reaction.

I would buy that more if she had actually had her parents together which she has never had. For the few years of her life that she can actually remember anything, her parents have NEVER been together. Sharon was the one who started filling Faith's head with fantasies about how they were going to be a family. Sharon is the one who started this. Avery has been around enough for Faith to get used to Avery. I'm sorry but Faith is acting like a brat instead of an upset child about mommy and daddy not being together. I was so happy that Nick FINALLY was stern with her yesterday. She is always coddled. There comes a point where she needs discipline and not coddling. She has become beyond rude and disrespectful to an ADULT who does not deserve that treatment. She can dislike Avery all she wants, but Avery is the adult and at least deserves respect from a child.

I've been and still am in position in Faith's position. So, I agree with her.

#8   2013/09/13 08:21AM
    Licorice_423

Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Licorice_423:

She doesn't have to like Avery but the CHILD should show some respect to the ADULT. So any time Faith doesn't like someone it's just going to be excused? Any time she doesn't get her way she can just act out and it's just supposed to be okay?

I have friends who hate the woman their dad had an affair with and married when they were 6 and 3. To this day they can't stand the woman, but to her they are at least respectful.

#9   2013/09/13 08:30AM
    jilltidwell

Quote Licorice_423:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Licorice_423:

She doesn't have to like Avery but the CHILD should show some respect to the ADULT. So any time Faith doesn't like someone it's just going to be excused? Any time she doesn't get her way she can just act out and it's just supposed to be okay?

I have friends who hate the woman their dad had an affair with and married when they were 6 and 3. To this day they can't stand the woman, but to her they are at least respectful.

When my dad remarried I didn't want him too either. To me he only thought of himself and what he wanted. He still is doing that. She had the nerve to tell my grandmother that her child would never do without. He never took and still take my feelings into consideration. So I know how she feels.

#10   2013/09/13 05:01PM
    A fan since ...

she is a spoiled brat!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list