List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Does Nick really think he is going to get Faith

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Does Nick really think he is going to get Faith

Started by weatherholt3 at 2013/09/12 08:17PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/14 01:51PM, Views: 2656, Replies: 58
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #41   2013/09/13 11:33AM
    Re: Does Nick really think he is going to get Faith
    alanadz

Quote djpp:
    Quote weatherholt3: Does Nick really think he is going to get Faith to like Avery by bullying her into going and being in the wedding, he is only going to make her hate Avery more.I thought Nick was a dick to Faith today and being very selfish, and talking about two people who isn't really sure about getting married it is Nick and Avery, Leslie seen it in Avery today, and Avery was trying to talk herself into it today.

It's obvious they rushed into the wedding. They barely even know each other. And Avery has changed from this sensitive, righting the wrongs lawyer to a woman who looks more comfortable in a strip joint. What's up with that anyway? Nick keeps talking about memories of when he was with Sharon, and it seems like the things he likes about Avery are things he shared with Sharon when they were first married. Sharon used to be the Susie Homemaker and bake and cook. When he's with Sharon and Faith, he seems more at home and happy. They have a family atmosphere that is warm and just seems right. Avery is just eating and sex. I just don't see that "relationship" lasting. If Nick isn't nicer to Faith, he's going to lose the only daughter who is really his -- because I still wonder if Sharon was really capable of changing those test results. First, she couldn't have had access to the lab. Even if she got into the lab, she couldn't sign onto the computer without a password. Then how does she operate software she's never been on to figure out how to change paternity test results? I don't believe it's possible. Plus, Sharon was hallucinating at the time that Nick was coming "home" and kissing her, and she's been hallucinating that she's talking to a grown up Cassie. Than again, this is one of the most fakey soaps on Earth. If the paternity test is really changed, I won't be pleased.

Um this thread is about Faith acting out Nick's reaction to her.

#42   2013/09/13 11:36AM
    alanadz

Quote trinilisa: I may be in the minority on this, and I haven't read through this thread, but the way I see it is this. Faith has been throwing temper tantrums because she is not getting her way. She has been disrespectful towards Avery. I see it as Nick putting his foot down and trying to disciplin Faith and teach her that she's not going to like everything, and that she can't just throw temper trantrums (or fake tummy aches) just because she can't have everything she wants. Nick is the adult, not Faith, and like her mother, she needs to be respectful of boundaries....jmho

As much as I hate to admit it, Sharon was right. If Nick gets tough with her about Avery, that will make her resent Avery even more. Nick already raised two kids, three if you count Cassie. How have they turned out? It really disturbs me the harsh attitude people have toward young children.

#43   2013/09/13 11:48AM
    janetb

Quote Maria Maria101: Nick needs to be the father and Faith needs to be the child. You do not speak to adults the way Faith has spoke to Avery and Nick. She need a good old fashion hand.

I cannot believe you people are condoning this little girls actions. Do your children act like that, I hope not.

Sharon need a good hand on the backside to and some mental help. She has messed up her child mentally.

I agree.Faith is six years old, certainly capable of learning manners.When she ripped up Avery's pictures and got caught she put on her fake cry and ran to Nick saying Avery was mean to her.Nick's response was to send her upstairs and they'd talk later about how Avery was mean to her!!!!He should have insisted she apologize right away.

#44   2013/09/13 11:55AM
    trinilisa

Quote alanadz:
    Quote trinilisa: I may be in the minority on this, and I haven't read through this thread, but the way I see it is this. Faith has been throwing temper tantrums because she is not getting her way. She has been disrespectful towards Avery. I see it as Nick putting his foot down and trying to disciplin Faith and teach her that she's not going to like everything, and that she can't just throw temper trantrums (or fake tummy aches) just because she can't have everything she wants. Nick is the adult, not Faith, and like her mother, she needs to be respectful of boundaries....jmho

As much as I hate to admit it, Sharon was right. If Nick gets tough with her about Avery, that will make her resent Avery even more. Nick already raised two kids, three if you count Cassie. How have they turned out? It really disturbs me the harsh attitude people have toward young children.

I am sorry if my harsh attitude towards Faith disturbs you. But Faith has been downright disrespectful towards Avery. Nick has spoken to her about respecting Avery (and I think other people). As for not getting tough with Faith about Avery, I'm not sure it's any better to have Faith continuelly to be rude and spoiled and disrespectful where Avery is concerned. Either way, she will resent Avery because her mom put in her head that they will be a family and has been trying to push up herself with Nick. So Faith will resent Avery because she knows her daddy will let her get away with it, or she will resent Avery because her daddy has decided to be the adult of the two of them. I still say, Faith lacks disciplin and needs to learn who the adults are and that she is a child.

#45   2013/09/13 12:03PM
    trinilisa

Quote alanadz:

In answer to the question you posed about the children that Nick raised, one is in his twenties and still looking for his direction in life, one was a bully to Jamie, one is dead and the little one is acting like a brat...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/13 12:07PM
    #46   2013/09/13 12:07PM
    alanadz

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote alanadz:

In answer to the question you posed about the children that Nick raised, one is in his twenties and still looking for his direction in life, one was a bully to Jamie, and the little one is acting like a brat...

Noah is still looking for direction? I think he found his direction, he told his grandfather he wanted to work at NE. Do you have kids? Summer is 18 and she is sorry for what she did, and Faith is barely 6 years old.

Should Nick get his belt and whip Faith into submission?

#47   2013/09/13 12:25PM
    trinilisa

Quote alanadz:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote alanadz:

In answer to the question you posed about the children that Nick raised, one is in his twenties and still looking for his direction in life, one was a bully to Jamie, and the little one is acting like a brat...

Noah is still looking for direction? I think he found his direction, he told his grandfather he wanted to work at NE. Do you have kids? Summer is 18 and she is sorry for what she did, and Faith is barely 6 years old.

Should Nick get his belt and whip Faith into submission?

Well, to me, Summer was sorry for all of five seconds. She told her mom, was given no accountability, and they then started talking about boys.
    And you're right; Noah just found his direction the other day; good for him; about time imho.
    As for Faith, of course Nick shouldn't get out a whip and beat her into submission; it's not like the old days where if someone like I acted out and talked to my parents the way she did, I would have gotten a good slap to forever remind me of who the grown-ups are in the parent-child relationship. And I don't think it really matters whether I have kids, but because I've decided to answer your question, for the record, I do not have kids. But if I did, they would learn very quickly about respecting others and about not always getting their way. I think the mistake that Nick made was to allow his kids to walk all over him. He is paying for it right now with Faith because she knows that if she throws things and cuts out pictures and lies on others (by telling Nick that Avery was mean to her) she will be coddled, and so she does it.

#48   2013/09/13 12:29PM
    spikked

Quote Licorice_423:
    Quote weatherholt3:
    Quote laurie6: I don't think Nick should force Faith to go to the wedding, But I do think he needs to be stern with her. Faith is being very disrespectful and that should not be tolerated. She needs to realize that just because she wants her mommy and daddy together doesn't mean it will happen. I blame both parents for her behavior right now.

We all see things differently I don't see Faith as being disrespectful I see her as a little girl showing how she feels the only way she knows how, the way I see it instead of Nick telling(or bullying) her to go get dressed for the wedding because he can't be late for his own wedding he should of said why don't we sat down and talk about why you feel the way you do about Avery and me marrying her, but to me he should of talked to her when she tore up the pictures Avery cut of her wedding, to find out what was going on with her but instead all he said was she'll come around.... but we all parent in different ways.

At what point is enough, enough? We have seen him sit down with Faith too many times now to talk this through. The first time sitting down and talking is perfectly fine. After that, it just becomes letting Faith get away with being disrespectful to an adult. They are NEVER stern with her. Nick should have insisted on her talking to a therapist/child psychologist after the first couple of outbursts if she has that much hatred toward someone who has done nothing to her.

I agree, enough is enough. She is being a brat and Nick needs to put a stop to it. He is an idiot for forcing her to go but he is an idiot for allowing her bratty behavior.

#49   2013/09/13 01:40PM
    alanadz

Quote spikked:
    Quote Licorice_423:
    Quote weatherholt3:
    Quote laurie6: I don't think Nick should force Faith to go to the wedding, But I do think he needs to be stern with her. Faith is being very disrespectful and that should not be tolerated. She needs to realize that just because she wants her mommy and daddy together doesn't mean it will happen. I blame both parents for her behavior right now.

We all see things differently I don't see Faith as being disrespectful I see her as a little girl showing how she feels the only way she knows how, the way I see it instead of Nick telling(or bullying) her to go get dressed for the wedding because he can't be late for his own wedding he should of said why don't we sat down and talk about why you feel the way you do about Avery and me marrying her, but to me he should of talked to her when she tore up the pictures Avery cut of her wedding, to find out what was going on with her but instead all he said was she'll come around.... but we all parent in different ways.

At what point is enough, enough? We have seen him sit down with Faith too many times now to talk this through. The first time sitting down and talking is perfectly fine. After that, it just becomes letting Faith get away with being disrespectful to an adult. They are NEVER stern with her. Nick should have insisted on her talking to a therapist/child psychologist after the first couple of outbursts if she has that much hatred toward someone who has done nothing to her.

I agree, enough is enough. She is being a brat and Nick needs to put a stop to it. He is an idiot for forcing her to go but he is an idiot for allowing her bratty behavior.

What is her mother's role in all this? Did you forget WHY Faith is acting out this way?

#50   2013/09/14 08:19AM
    coolkraft

they deserve each other...he is such a wimp when it comes to Sharon or Faith...now he will have more reasons to scowl....glad Avery is not going to marry him

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list