List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: DEvon got far more than he deserved

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

DEvon got far more than he deserved

Started by mdtuttle at 2013/09/12 04:07PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/14 03:52AM, Views: 1046, Replies: 19
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/09/13 04:19AM
    Re: DEvon got far more than he deserved
    JaNell36

Devon got what his grandmother wanted him to have...! What is the problem? She loved him regardless of how long she knew he was her grandson.

#12   2013/09/13 01:36PM
    mdtuttle

Quote ajsp35801: Whose to say what anyone deserves. And Devon was justified in is anger. Murphy got half of what Devon got...$1.2 bil...that is way more than enough. It's not like he helped her build her wealth or anything.

I am not saying Devon should not have gotten anything, but Murphy was her husband. He stood by her no matter what. Even when Devon was treating her like dirt because of his anger. You see I do not think Devon's anger at Kathrine was justified at all. For most of his life Kathrine sisn't even know she had a som, much less a grandson. She thought she had a daughter that had been stolen from her as an infant.

when she found out about Tucker and then later Devon she did everything she could to try and get close to them and they both pushed her, and each other away.

#13   2013/09/13 01:38PM
    mdtuttle

Quote Cass Eno: I guess the writers are promoting a "too much too soon" storyline for Devon.
    He had better practice his acting skills. He can't get by just acting angry all the time.

Even though Devon is not one of my favorite charecters I hpe tey do not go down the road of having him spin out of control because he is suddenly welthier than he ever could have dreamed.

#14   2013/09/13 01:44PM
    trixie60

I agree, Mudtuttle. I don't think any person that age should have that much money. I'm not sure how old he is but he is not mature enough to handle all that money. Not yet, anyway. And he was very mean to Katherine at the beginning. Not bashing the actor but Devon has always been a dull kind of character. I agree with the fact that her husband should have been first in line to inherit some money and Devon and the rest of her children should have gotten the same amount of money because it would have been fair that way and there would have been no reason for them to argue about it.

#15   2013/09/13 01:51PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote JaNell36: Devon got what his grandmother wanted him to have...! What is the problem? She loved him regardless of how long she knew he was her grandson.

I agree with you. A person should have the right to leave their worldly possessions to whoever they choose however they choose. Some things just leave me scratching my head.

#16   2013/09/13 02:43PM
    Gideon58

No argument that when Devon first learned Katherine was his grandmother, he treated her like crap but that doesn't change the fact that Katherine was still wracked with guilt about all the years she was not in Devon's life and this was a way for her to rest in peace without her guilt haunting her forever.

#17   2013/09/13 09:23PM
    spiritual7djs

Murphy, Mac & Brock are not about the money besides Murphy was there when she wrote the will so he could have spoken up if he wanted to. But my question is about Jill...I read she's going to contest the will. How can she legally do that since she was not really family and she was left with the Chancelor residence. What is she entitled too? Doesn't Jill already have plenty of money from suing Lauren?

#18   2013/09/14 12:53AM
    CGabriel510

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote posi:
    Quote Cass Eno: I guess the writers are promoting a "too much too soon" storyline for Devon.
    He had better practice his acting skills. He can't get by just acting angry all the time.

NO kidding. This is one character I have never taken too. I think he is really dull. And all we see from him is anger... Miss tiny Devon.

I agree. It's hardly the "feel good" story of the year. Really hard to root for someone so arrogant and dis-respectful. Never will forget how badly he treated Katherine when he first found out she was his grandmother. I want to knock the chip off his shoulder so much. He's really alittle jerk.

Arrogant little JERK?? Devon? You must have him mistaken for Carmine!!

#19   2013/09/14 12:57AM
    CGabriel510

OH PLEASE!!! JERK, REALLY??? GOOD GRIEF !! Devon is NEITHER A JERK,or HARDLY ARROGANT OR DIS-RESPECTFUL!
    I find him be quite humble, yet love able
    Maybe some might have him mistaken for CARMINE?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/14 01:04AM
    #20   2013/09/14 03:52AM
    FL senior fan

Quote JaNell36: Devon got what his grandmother wanted him to have...! What is the problem? She loved him regardless of how long she knew he was her grandson.

--------------
    Actually "true" to life; how often does it happen that a "new" relationship/person that becomes dear to someone...when at a very old age or dying stage...inherits MORE than lifetime relatives or friend? OFTEN, believe me!!
    Let's see how smart he is at managing his fortune; and I'm wondering if it's all tied up in a trust or stock in C.I.
    As I recall she always struggled with some guilt in their relationship and could have factored in "making things up" to him.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list