List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: DEvon got far more than he deserved

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

DEvon got far more than he deserved

Started by mdtuttle at 2013/09/12 04:07PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/14 03:52AM, Views: 1013, Replies: 19
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/12 04:07PM
    DEvon got far more than he deserved
    mdtuttle

I am not saying Devon should not have been remembered in Kathrine's will, but in my opinon he got far more than he deserved. when the truth about his lineage first came out Devon was horrible to Kathrine. No matter what she did or said Devon gave her the cold shoulder. He acted like it was her fault that he grew up not knowing his father.

Granted they finally made peace with each other. Even given that i don't see why he should get more than even Murphy, the man she was married to. Frankly I thinka portion of what he got would have been far more fitting given the history he had with Kathrine. He other grandchildren that had been in her life since they were born got a fraction of what Devon got. Just my opinon

#2   2013/09/12 04:15PM
    Re: DEvon got far more than he deserved
    ajsp35801

Whose to say what anyone deserves. And Devon was justified in is anger. Murphy got half of what Devon got...$1.2 bil...that is way more than enough. It's not like he helped her build her wealth or anything.

#3   2013/09/12 04:26PM
    Cass Eno

I guess the writers are promoting a "too much too soon" storyline for Devon.
    He had better practice his acting skills. He can't get by just acting angry all the time.

#4   2013/09/12 04:31PM
    Blue 501

Quote ajsp35801: Whose to say what anyone deserves. And Devon was justified in is anger. Murphy got half of what Devon got...$1.2 bil...that is way more than enough. It's not like he helped her build her wealth or anything.

No, Murphy may not have helped her build her wealth but he DID save her life. Remember, he is the one who pulled her out of the creek where she would have drowned when the car that she & Madge were in wrecked.He thought she was Marge but he believed her when she said she was Katherine & helped her prove it & get her fortune back. Even Nikki & Jill, who should have known her the best, turned their backs on her. It was Murphy, Amber, & Kevin who helped her.

#5   2013/09/12 04:47PM
    ajsp35801

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote ajsp35801: Whose to say what anyone deserves. And Devon was justified in is anger. Murphy got half of what Devon got...$1.2 bil...that is way more than enough. It's not like he helped her build her wealth or anything.

No, Murphy may not have helped her build her wealth but he DID save her life. Remember, he is the one who pulled her out of the creek where she would have drowned when the car that she & Madge were in wrecked.He thought she was Marge but he believed her when she said she was Katherine & helped her prove it & get her fortune back. Even Nikki & Jill, who should have known her the best, turned their backs on her. It was Murphy, Amber, & Kevin who helped her.

And he got 1.2 bil for it...is that not enough?

#6   2013/09/13 02:09AM
    cajunlizz0315

Quote mdtuttle: I am not saying Devon should not have been remembered in Kathrine's will, but in my opinon he got far more than he deserved. when the truth about his lineage first came out Devon was horrible to Kathrine. No matter what she did or said Devon gave her the cold shoulder. He acted like it was her fault that he grew up not knowing his father.

Granted they finally made peace with each other. Even given that i don't see why he should get more than even Murphy, the man she was married to. Frankly I thinka portion of what he got would have been far more fitting given the history he had with Kathrine. He other grandchildren that had been in her life since they were born got a fraction of what Devon got. Just my opinon

I TOTALLY AGREE .... I was waiting for Nikki to inherit the company , JILL would of flipped over.

#7   2013/09/13 03:43AM
    FL senior fan

AGREE with thread title.

But lets wait and see HOW he gets it; I doubt its cold hard CASH. Maybe he only has it in Shares/Stocks?
    He's sure feeling like Mr.Big right now....look out for a fall. I think Cathrine was unfair to other lifetime devoted friends by doing this; even her sons.

I'm sure Murphy is happy with an antique car and a nice cabin, and some money. That's his life-style anyway and I think he'll be happy. Most likely leave the show too.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/13 03:45AM
    #8   2013/09/13 03:50AM
    posi

Quote Cass Eno: I guess the writers are promoting a "too much too soon" storyline for Devon.
    He had better practice his acting skills. He can't get by just acting angry all the time.

NO kidding. This is one character I have never taken too. I think he is really dull. And all we see from him is anger... Miss tiny Devon.

#9   2013/09/13 03:55AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote posi:
    Quote Cass Eno: I guess the writers are promoting a "too much too soon" storyline for Devon.

NO kidding. This is one character I have never taken too. I think he is really dull. And all we see from him is anger... Miss tiny Devon.

I agree. It's hardly the "feel good" story of the year. Really hard to root for someone so arrogant and dis-respectful. Never will forget how badly he treated Katherine when he first found out she was his grandmother. I want to knock the chip off his shoulder so much. He's really a little jerk.

#10   2013/09/13 04:14AM
    Blue 501

Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote Blue 501:

And he got 1.2 bil for it...is that not enough?

I am just saying that yes, he did deserve to do well in her will. He loved her, made her last years happy, and saved her life. I do think Mack should have inherited an equal amount with Devon. They are both Katherine's grandchildren & Mac has loved Kay for years. Devon has been kind of rude & unforgiving ever since he found out she was his grandmother. Surely he could have forgiven & enjoyed the time she had left, considering how old she was and how much she wanted to make it up to him that he had had a rough life growing up. His mother, btw, is the most to blame for that. She could have told Tucker any time that Devon was his child & had a paternity test & Tucker would have seen that he had the best of everything. Neither Tucker nor Kay could have prevented him ending up in foster care if they did not even know he existed. Yes, Kay is responsible for not knowing Tucker was her son but he was rich in his own right. He could have taken good care of Devon. Yolanda was mad & hurt but she should have put Devon's well being first.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list