List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nikki & Paul commune?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nikki & Paul commune?

Started by Dees55 at 2013/09/12 11:32AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/13 04:11AM, Views: 2300, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/09/12 07:34PM
    Re: Nikki & Paul commune?
    Dees55

I would like to thank everyone for replying to my post.
    I hope Paul is the father. . . he did say he was with her all the time, but that wouldn't be a cult s/l. I guess that is the way TPTB are using this s/l.

#12   2013/09/12 07:39PM
    calliope

Purrrrkitty put some links up to You tube that has info.

#13   2013/09/12 07:45PM
    Barbyboo

Probably made this one up just like having a kid

#14   2013/09/12 07:45PM
    Kelby

I think it was the original Nikki, Erica Hope that played the part when this storyline was going on. But, something is making me think maybe Erica started the story and Melody finished it. Or something like that. D..n! I do not remember that was 1978/79. That was awhile ago. Ha! It was a storyline on the show though. I am not remembering the leader that forced degrading sex on Nikki though. I am not remembering that part. I think that part might be made up, to make way for the present storyline. That was back when Nikki and Paul were first on the show and he slept with Nikki and gave her Gonorrhea or some s..t like that. They were both kind of promiscuous.

#15   2013/09/12 07:46PM
    Barbyboo

Another stinky storyline

#16   2013/09/12 09:19PM
    Paggie

Quote Kelby: I think it was the original Nikki, Erica Hope that played the part when this storyline was going on. But, something is making me think maybe Erica started the story and Melody finished it. Or something like that. D..n! I do not remember that was 1978/79. That was awhile ago. Ha! It was a storyline on the show though. I am not remembering the leader that forced degrading sex on Nikki though. I am not remembering that part. I think that part might be made up, to make way for the present storyline. That was back when Nikki and Paul were first on the show and he slept with Nikki and gave her Gonorrhea or some s..t like that. They were both kind of promiscuous.

I think by the time that story began MTS was playing Nikki.
    She took over the role from Erica Hope in 1979 and I think there was even a bit of a gap between actresses. The cult story was 1980.

It would be fun if they could do some flashbacks of a very young Nikki and Paul! But they've tweaked the story. Sumiko (female) was the leader of the cult and this guy Ian Ward who apparently abused Niki was never part of the original story. Even Paul seems puzzled that Nikki could have gone off and had a child without him knowing! Like he said he was with her the whole time!! I'm surprised that Katharine would have wanted Nikki to relive that traumatic period of her life.

#17   2013/09/12 09:52PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Here is Part 2 of a 3 part series on Melody Thomas Scott's real life.. about in the middle is when she joins Y&R and there is a snippit of she and Paul about the commune.

If anyone is interested in her entire life.. I posted all 3 parts under MTS (Nikki) Her Real Life.. she had quite a real life.. very tragic in many parts.. could be a soap opera..

But watch this.. this is the ONLY thing I could find about them and the commune..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3BbzLPvazY

#18   2013/09/12 10:12PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Don't be surprised if there are not any flash backs, because I don't think they kept a lot of the film during that time.. but I just happen to find this snipitt done on Melody's life..

Note: The man that played her Father came back years later and played Katherine's husband, Rex Sterling, who was the co-writer of The Deer Hunter in real life.. We even see a quick view of Rose Deville who played a major role in Nina's story line years later.

#19   2013/09/13 04:11AM
    FL senior fan

Quote mdtuttle:
    Quote Dees55: I'm confused. I don't remember when Nikki was in a commune. Was it before she married Victor?

It was long before she married Victor. She and Paul were both just teenagers at the time. The were both retty wild and ended up in this cult/commune

------------

I wish the writer's would have it that Nikki was really pregnant by Paul. I can see them sharing this discovery and handling it very well. But not having the "child" Dylan...please...too old?
    I did not watch in those days either. Just remember "flashbacks" of a very handsome Paul and cute Nikki.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list