List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Liked Jack Today. I Give Him MAJOR Props for Advi

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Liked Jack Today. I Give Him MAJOR Props for Advi

Started by alanadz at 2013/09/12 11:29AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/13 01:34AM, Views: 746, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/09/12 04:31PM
    Re: Liked Jack Today. I Give Him MAJOR Props for Advi
    jacksmyguy

Quote Rilynne: I love Jack!! To me, he seems so vulnerable and real, much more so than Victor. I see Jack as really wanting to be like his father but always falling short and that drives him nuts. He wants to be the great head of the family that everyone can come to for help and advice. He wants to be that person that the family looks up to with admiration and respect, just like John was. I think with each passing year Jack gets a little closer. Now Victor just seems like an arrogant SOB who wants total control of everything and everyone. Its his way or all be damned, or disowned - yuk

I like your interpretation of Jack and I think you nailed it. He tries so darn hard to be a good person but Victor Newman and his arrogance and meanness is Jack's Achilles heel and prevents Jack from attaining the final steps he needs to take to match his father's reputation. That, however, doesn't stop Jack from continuing to try to improve and make himself a better man and that is one thing Victor cannot say for himself.

#12   2013/09/12 04:45PM
    calliope

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Rilynne: I love Jack!! To me, he seems so vulnerable and real, much more so than Victor. I see Jack as really wanting to be like his father but always falling short and that drives him nuts. He wants to be the great head of the family that everyone can come to for help and advice. He wants to be that person that the family looks up to with admiration and respect, just like John was. I think with each passing year Jack gets a little closer. Now Victor just seems like an arrogant SOB who wants total control of everything and everyone. Its his way or all be damned, or disowned - yuk

I like your interpretation of Jack and I think you nailed it. He tries so darn hard to be a good person but Victor Newman and his arrogance and meanness is Jack's Achilles heel and prevents Jack from attaining the final steps he needs to take to match his father's reputation. That, however, doesn't stop Jack from continuing to try to improve and make himself a better man and that is one thing Victor cannot say for himself.

Jack's my guy too. He screws up but is good in his soul. You guys have said it all.

#13   2013/09/12 04:48PM
    CdnMama

Jack's advice to Adam was spot on. Please make Adam listen to it! He had better not try to take Conner! Jack made so much sense. Jack is more human than Victor in many many ways.

#14   2013/09/12 05:26PM
    hubbardfan

Exactly!! Love this post! And Victor IS an arrogant s.o.b.!

#15   2013/09/12 05:41PM
    volfan

Quote djpp: Jack is always self-sacrificing and admits his mistakes. That's one reason I always like his character. He's just a good guy although sometimes a bit misguided when it comes to dealing with Victor. Give him Dr. Em! He deserves to be happy for a while with that lovely lady.

That's exactly how I see Jack. He's one of the good guys who allows Victor to take him astray. Jack is one of my favorite characters.

#16   2013/09/12 06:31PM
    villyforever55

Jack was great today. He was able to put his personal anguish aside to help two [people who needed him today. That shows what a bog heart he has. Loved him!

#17   2013/09/12 07:03PM
    trixie60

Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote alanadz: Jack gave both Adam and Summer excellent advice. They were both acting out of anger. Jack knows from his own bitter experiences all about regret and bad choices. He also knows how life can change in the blink of an eye and you may not get a second chance. Kudos to Jack!

WOW - I'm thunderstruck with this commentary coming from you today. Jack has always been a good guy. He doesn't always use his head when it comes to dealing with Victor because Victor knows exactly how to push Jack's buttons and he falls into the same trap taking the bait time after time. Still, Jack is a good guy with a good heart and with a better moral compass than Victor could ever hope to have. I love the relationship he has developed with Adam, and no one certainly can complain about how he was with Summer today either. Jack has, for the most part, put Summer's welfare ahead of his own wants and desires ever since he was first told about his being her dad. It's Victor who keeps pushing the envelope in more ways than one. I'd love to see Adam walk away from his dad for good and join Jack at Jabot, making it an even bigger and better company than NE.

I always try to be fair. Whether I like a character or not. I am a huge Chelsea fan, but no way in Hades will I give her a pass on her actions with Dylan and Adam. Just like I don't give Adam a pass on the horrific things he has done in his past, even though I love the character now.

Finally, someone with the same idea about the characters as I am. I liked Sharon and I know that this thread is about Jack but I wouldn't give her a pass for what she has done lately either. Even if she has bi polar disorder. She still should have the sense to not do what she's doing. And I feel the same about Adam, even though he is my favorite character on the show. I like Jack and Adams friendship too and I agree that Jack did give Adam very good advice. I hope that they continue their friendship. And Jack is not perfect either but sometimes he makes more sense than Victor.

#18   2013/09/12 09:51PM
    ThornsandRoses

Can't say I love Jack. He has done his share of dirty deeds, many of which I will admit, were a matter of self preservation. Who would do differently? But this new Jack! Major investor in Newman but doesn't want anything to do with the day-to-day operation. The advice he gave Summer. The advice he gave Adam. He is certainly not the same Jack of years ago. I will also admit that I would love to see what he would do if he and Victor were in the same room and Victor had another heart attack and was lying on the floor. Would Jack walk out of the room, kick Victor's hand on the way, and not call for help as he before? I think he would call for help because of Summer. Unlike Victor, Jack doesn't have a problem with Summer having two families. What that s/l needs is for Ashley to come to GC and put her foot in Victor's ... If Victor can have a daughter that is an Abbott, have an Abbott heart keeping him moving, why can't Summer be his granddaughter and Jack's daughter?

Sorry. I went OT. As you said, "Jackie" was primo today.

#19   2013/09/13 01:34AM
    Barbyboo

Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote alanadz: Jack gave both Adam and Summer excellent advice. They were both acting out of anger. Jack knows from his own bitter experiences all about regret and bad choices. He also knows how life can change in the blink of an eye and you may not get a second chance. Kudos to Jack!

WOW - I'm thunderstruck with this commentary coming from you today. Jack has always been a good guy. He doesn't always use his head when it comes to dealing with Victor because Victor knows exactly how to push Jack's buttons and he falls into the same trap taking the bait time after time. Still, Jack is a good guy with a good heart and with a better moral compass than Victor could ever hope to have. I love the relationship he has developed with Adam, and no one certainly can complain about how he was with Summer today either. Jack has, for the most part, put Summer's welfare ahead of his own wants and desires ever since he was first told about his being her dad. It's Victor who keeps pushing the envelope in more ways than one. I'd love to see Adam walk away from his dad for good and join Jack at Jabot, making it an even bigger and better company than NE.

I always try to be fair. Whether I like a character or not. I am a huge Chelsea fan, but no way in Hades will I give her a pass on her actions with Dylan and Adam. Just like I don't give Adam a pass on the horrific things he has done in his past, even though I love the character now.

Adams Vic's replacement when he packs it in. He's great!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list