List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Liked Jack Today. I Give Him MAJOR Props for Advi

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Liked Jack Today. I Give Him MAJOR Props for Advi

Started by alanadz at 2013/09/12 11:29AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/13 01:34AM, Views: 769, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/12 11:29AM
    Liked Jack Today. I Give Him MAJOR Props for Advi
    alanadz

Jack gave both Adam and Summer excellent advice. They were both acting out of anger. Jack knows from his own bitter experiences all about regret and bad choices. He also knows how life can change in the blink of an eye and you may not get a second chance. Kudos to Jack!

#2   2013/09/12 11:33AM
    Re: Liked Jack Today. I Give Him MAJOR Props for Advi
    djpp

Jack is always self-sacrificing and admits his mistakes. That's one reason I always like his character. He's just a good guy although sometimes a bit misguided when it comes to dealing with Victor. Give him Dr. Em! He deserves to be happy for a while with that lovely lady.

#3   2013/09/12 11:40AM
    GCresident

ITA. Let's hope Adam listens to him like Summer did. I have to tell you though, that a part of me would like to see Chelsea lose her baby. That was a low down thing for her to do, to both Adam and Dylan. That baby deserves better than a con for his mother.

#4   2013/09/12 11:40AM
    alanadz

Quote djpp: Jack is always self-sacrificing and admits his mistakes. That's one reason I always like his character. He's just a good guy although sometimes a bit misguided when it comes to dealing with Victor. Give him Dr. Em! He deserves to be happy for a while with that lovely lady.

I've been watching Jack for years and he can be just as arrogant and just as vindictive as Victor. When he is right, I have no problem saying so. It also doesn't change the horrible way he has treated his sons.

#5   2013/09/12 11:46AM
    jacksmyguy

Quote alanadz: Jack gave both Adam and Summer excellent advice. They were both acting out of anger. Jack knows from his own bitter experiences all about regret and bad choices. He also knows how life can change in the blink of an eye and you may not get a second chance. Kudos to Jack!

WOW - I'm thunderstruck with this commentary coming from you today. Jack has always been a good guy. He doesn't always use his head when it comes to dealing with Victor because Victor knows exactly how to push Jack's buttons and he falls into the same trap taking the bait time after time. Still, Jack is a good guy with a good heart and with a better moral compass than Victor could ever hope to have. I love the relationship he has developed with Adam, and no one certainly can complain about how he was with Summer today either. Jack has, for the most part, put Summer's welfare ahead of his own wants and desires ever since he was first told about his being her dad. It's Victor who keeps pushing the envelope in more ways than one. I'd love to see Adam walk away from his dad for good and join Jack at Jabot, making it an even bigger and better company than NE.

#6   2013/09/12 11:51AM
    alanadz

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote alanadz: Jack gave both Adam and Summer excellent advice. They were both acting out of anger. Jack knows from his own bitter experiences all about regret and bad choices. He also knows how life can change in the blink of an eye and you may not get a second chance. Kudos to Jack!

WOW - I'm thunderstruck with this commentary coming from you today. Jack has always been a good guy. He doesn't always use his head when it comes to dealing with Victor because Victor knows exactly how to push Jack's buttons and he falls into the same trap taking the bait time after time. Still, Jack is a good guy with a good heart and with a better moral compass than Victor could ever hope to have. I love the relationship he has developed with Adam, and no one certainly can complain about how he was with Summer today either. Jack has, for the most part, put Summer's welfare ahead of his own wants and desires ever since he was first told about his being her dad. It's Victor who keeps pushing the envelope in more ways than one. I'd love to see Adam walk away from his dad for good and join Jack at Jabot, making it an even bigger and better company than NE.

I always try to be fair. Whether I like a character or not. I am a huge Chelsea fan, but no way in Hades will I give her a pass on her actions with Dylan and Adam. Just like I don't give Adam a pass on the horrific things he has done in his past, even though I love the character now.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/12 11:58AM
    #7   2013/09/12 12:12PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

I always try to be fair. Whether I like a character or not. I am a huge Chelsea fan, but no way in Hades will I give her a pass on her actions with Dylan and Adam. Just like I don't give Adam a pass on the horrific things he has done in his past, even though I love the character now.

We actually agree again. I like Chelsea too but I detest her lying to both Dylan and Adam; they both deserved better. I also agree about Adam. I couldn't stand the things he did when he first came to GC, hurting so many people. However, I look at Adam much in the same way I looked at Phyllis. IMO, both of these characters made huge mistakes in the past but attempted to change along the way and become better people by learning from what they did to hurt others. Just like with Phyllis, I have now come to like Adam and the man he is trying to become now.

#8   2013/09/12 02:25PM
    BlondienFL

Poor Jack. He is being so positive for everyone else when his world is about to come crashing down when the true paternity test comes forth.

#9   2013/09/12 02:47PM
    alanadz

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

We actually agree again. I like Chelsea too but I detest her lying to both Dylan and Adam; they both deserved better. I also agree about Adam. I couldn't stand the things he did when he first came to GC, hurting so many people. However, I look at Adam much in the same way I looked at Phyllis. IMO, both of these characters made huge mistakes in the past but attempted to change along the way and become better people by learning from what they did to hurt others. Just like with Phyllis, I have now come to like Adam and the man he is trying to become now.

I forgot my girl Phyllis. One of my all time faves, but again I never give characters a pass when I think they are wrong, no matter how much I like them.

#10   2013/09/12 02:55PM
    Rilynne

I love Jack!! To me, he seems so vulnerable and real, much more so than Victor. I see Jack as really wanting to be like his father but always falling short and that drives him nuts. He wants to be the great head of the family that everyone can come to for help and advice. He wants to be that person that the family looks up to with admiration and respect, just like John was. I think with each passing year Jack gets a little closer. Now Victor just seems like an arrogant SOB who wants total control of everything and everyone. Its his way or all be damned, or disowned - yuk

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list