List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Who are Avery and Leslie to talk about anyone?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who are Avery and Leslie to talk about anyone?

Started by jilltidwell at 2013/09/12 10:02AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/13 08:19AM, Views: 1419, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/09/12 06:33PM
    Re: Who are Avery and Leslie to talk about anyone?
    supagurl

Avery & Leslie are human. They're allowed to talk about other people if they want. It's a free country!

I never considered either of them "friends" with Adam. Leslie did some work for him when Adam was investigated by the SEC for insider trading. She knew he was guilty.

Avery is engaged to Nick who hates Adam for kidnapping Faith and framing him for Hightower's murder. Everyone knows Avery loves Dylan too. She also represented Sharon when Adam tossed the memory card.

Why would anyone expect Avery to choose Adam over Nick/Dylan? That's silly.

#32   2013/09/12 06:37PM
    calliope

Quote villyforever55:
    Quote calliope: Why does Avery have the right to tell another attorney not to take a call from a potential client. Then tells this person something that is not public knowledge. Not sure legally but to me doesn't seem really ethical.

Avery and Leslie are law partners, so Avery was giving Leslie a heads up on what Adam wanted, that's what partners do. Avery is not Adam's lawyer, so what he said to her was not confidential, so she can tell her partner. Another point: Leslie has already acted as Adam's attorney so her impression of him as being cold and manipulative was just, her impression of him, which she is entitled to have. Two law partners discussing a potential client, that's all that was.

You are right. I forgot they were partners.

#33   2013/09/12 06:45PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote villyforever55:
    Quote calliope: Why does Avery have the right to tell another attorney not to take a call from a potential client. Then tells this person something that is not public knowledge. Not sure legally but to me doesn't seem really ethical.

Avery and Leslie are law partners, so Avery was giving Leslie a heads up on what Adam wanted, that's what partners do. Avery is not Adam's lawyer, so what he said to her was not confidential, so she can tell her partner. Another point: Leslie has already acted as Adam's attorney so her impression of him as being cold and manipulative was just, her impression of him, which she is entitled to have. Two law partners discussing a potential client, that's all that was.

Pretty sure when you call a lawyer asking them to represent you and you explain why, that is confidential, partners or not. How else would a person ever try to find a lawyer for something private if it wasn't ensured to remain private??

#34   2013/09/12 06:55PM
    ladycam

Quote supagurl: Avery & Leslie are human. They're allowed to talk about other people if they want. It's a free country!

I never considered either of them "friends" with Adam. Leslie did some work for him when Adam was investigated by the SEC for insider trading. She knew he was guilty.

Avery is engaged to Nick who hates Adam for kidnapping Faith and framing him for Hightower's murder. Everyone knows Avery loves Dylan too. She also represented Sharon when Adam tossed the memory card.

Why would anyone expect Avery to choose Adam over Nick/Dylan? That's silly.

Avery am not surprise she didn't represent Adam the fact that the writer had him go to her But Leslie was a strong character controlled by no one. Who would enjoy high profile case like this the change in character is not for the better IMO. One of Avery is enough Leslie doesn't need to be like her.

#35   2013/09/12 10:42PM
    jilltidwell

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote ladycam: Leslie sudden dislike for Adam She was always a sharp lawyer who enjoyed clients like Adam.How sad she sanctimonious like Neil maybe that's contagious. Leslie and Avery very sad were my last hope for strong female character on the show Now am just ff both them how well moving on.

Avery was friends with him too, so given she didn't feel comfortable taking the case I would have thought she would be encouraging Leslie, given Adam is the victim here.

I thought she loved to fly in on her cape to protect the innocent?

She must not be wanting to protect the innocent when she already thinks Adam is guilty.

#36   2013/09/13 01:24AM
    Barbyboo

Quote ColorAzure:
    Quote maja:
    Quote ColorAzure:
    Quote maja:
    Quote ColorAzure: Terrible bashing thread. Leslie's lies kept her and her brother away from their father who they were certain killed their father, how can you even fault that? And what lies did Avery ever have?

How is thais a bashing thread when the OP is commenting on the deeds of the characters? Also, I guess you don't consider Avery cheating on her husband with Dylan a lie.I consider having an affair while you're still marry a real whopper, but maybe that's just me.

Because Avery's husband was a sack of crap that didn't care about her? HA! Avery made a mistake by not divorcing him sooner. How is that her fault that her former husband was a dirtbag? Some lie.

Obviously the OP is bashing Avery/Leslie because apparently they're not entitled to their own opinions about anyone. If two women gossip about the black sheep of the Newman family they're nothing but a couple of clucking hens with nothing decent to say, right?

The only thing I ever heard Avery say of her ex was that he was a good man who worked too hard and she felt he ignored her. I don't know why that makes him a piece of crap.Avery is a liar and a cheater and she should be the last person to cast stones at someone.

AFAIK Avery's ex mistreated/neglected her which led her into Dylan's arms, who was clearly a million times better. Avery may be a cheater, but sometimes you have to do bad things for good reasons.

Dylan is sooo boaring can't see Avery falling for him he's almost comotose

#37   2013/09/13 01:26AM
    Barbyboo

They are business partners

#38   2013/09/13 01:29AM
    Barbyboo

Quote ColorAzure:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote ColorAzure:
    Quote maja:
    Quote ColorAzure: Terrible bashing thread. Leslie's lies kept her and her brother away from their father who they were certain killed their father, how can you even fault that? And what lies did Avery ever have?

How is thais a bashing thread when the OP is commenting on the deeds of the characters? Also, I guess you don't consider Avery cheating on her husband with Dylan a lie.I consider having an affair while you're still marry a real whopper, but maybe that's just me.

Because Avery's husband was a sack of crap that didn't care about her? HA! Avery made a mistake by not divorcing him sooner. How is that her fault that her former husband was a dirtbag? Some lie.

Obviously the OP is bashing Avery/Leslie because apparently they're not entitled to their own opinions about anyone. If two women gossip about the black sheep of the Newman family they're nothing but a couple of clucking hens with nothing decent to say, right?

Where did they show us anything about Avery's husband? For all we know he was a lovely and attentive husband and Avery was a selfish cow who had no appreciation for him.

Actually, I really Avery saying on several occasions that her husband was a good man and didn't deserve, pile of hypocritical crap she is.

Are you related to Avery and Leslie are something? You seem to be taking this rather personal.

That doesn't even make sense. Take a breath, you're on a posting tirade.

I'm not 'devoted' to Avery as someone else claimed earlier, I'm arguing both sides which I can do for any character on the show. It's just that this thread happens to be about Avery/Leslie.

"For all we know he was a lovely and attentive husband and Avery was a selfish cow who had no appreciation for him." And for all we know, Avery is telling the truth that her ex- didn't give two cents about her. There's too much 'old Phyllis' mentality on these boards though when it comes to Avery, and by that I mean not being able to take Avery at face value when she's trying to be honest/sincere and immediately assuming there's some ulterior motive involved. It's really bad.

"Actually, I really Avery saying on several occasions that her husband was a good man and didn't deserve, pile of hypocritical crap she is." That's because she was addled with guilt over losing her baby and goes to the first place she feels is the root of all evil - herself - even when it's not her fault. That in no way exempts her husband from being a jerk to her throughout their marriage.

And honestly, if you're going to call Avery a "pile of hypocritical crap" and a "selfish cow" then it's obviously not me who's taking things personally...

I don't think either one of this characters is worth arguing about..avery is a lawyer she's been nothing but nice to nicks kids. And leslys doing blogger work she's very busy chasing ghosts..

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/13 01:30AM
    #39   2013/09/13 08:19AM
    jilltidwell

They wouldn't want someone telling them they were guilty by not knowing all the facts. That is what Leslie and Avery have done.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list