List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Who are Avery and Leslie to talk about anyone?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who are Avery and Leslie to talk about anyone?

Started by jilltidwell at 2013/09/12 10:02AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/13 08:19AM, Views: 1392, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/09/12 05:09PM
    Re: Who are Avery and Leslie to talk about anyone?
    calliope

Why does Avery have the right to tell another attorney not to take a call from a potential client. Then tells this person something that is not public knowledge. Not sure legally but to me doesn't seem really ethical.

#22   2013/09/12 05:13PM
    ColorAzure

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote ColorAzure:
    Quote maja:
    Quote ColorAzure: Terrible bashing thread. Leslie's lies kept her and her brother away from their father who they were certain killed their father, how can you even fault that? And what lies did Avery ever have?

How is thais a bashing thread when the OP is commenting on the deeds of the characters? Also, I guess you don't consider Avery cheating on her husband with Dylan a lie.I consider having an affair while you're still marry a real whopper, but maybe that's just me.

Because Avery's husband was a sack of crap that didn't care about her? HA! Avery made a mistake by not divorcing him sooner. How is that her fault that her former husband was a dirtbag? Some lie.

Obviously the OP is bashing Avery/Leslie because apparently they're not entitled to their own opinions about anyone. If two women gossip about the black sheep of the Newman family they're nothing but a couple of clucking hens with nothing decent to say, right?

Where did they show us anything about Avery's husband? For all we know he was a lovely and attentive husband and Avery was a selfish cow who had no appreciation for him.

Actually, I really Avery saying on several occasions that her husband was a good man and didn't deserve, pile of hypocritical crap she is.

Are you related to Avery and Leslie are something? You seem to be taking this rather personal.

That doesn't even make sense. Take a breath, you're on a posting tirade.

I'm not 'devoted' to Avery as someone else claimed earlier, I'm arguing both sides which I can do for any character on the show. It's just that this thread happens to be about Avery/Leslie.

"For all we know he was a lovely and attentive husband and Avery was a selfish cow who had no appreciation for him." And for all we know, Avery is telling the truth that her ex- didn't give two cents about her. There's too much 'old Phyllis' mentality on these boards though when it comes to Avery, and by that I mean not being able to take Avery at face value when she's trying to be honest/sincere and immediately assuming there's some ulterior motive involved. It's really bad.

"Actually, I really Avery saying on several occasions that her husband was a good man and didn't deserve, pile of hypocritical crap she is." That's because she was addled with guilt over losing her baby and goes to the first place she feels is the root of all evil - herself - even when it's not her fault. That in no way exempts her husband from being a jerk to her throughout their marriage.

And honestly, if you're going to call Avery a "pile of hypocritical crap" and a "selfish cow" then it's obviously not me who's taking things personally...

#23   2013/09/12 05:39PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote ColorAzure:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote ColorAzure:
    Quote maja:
    Quote ColorAzure: Terrible bashing thread. Leslie's lies kept her and her brother away from their father who they were certain killed their father, how can you even fault that? And what lies did Avery ever have?

How is thais a bashing thread when the OP is commenting on the deeds of the characters? Also, I guess you don't consider Avery cheating on her husband with Dylan a lie.I consider having an affair while you're still marry a real whopper, but maybe that's just me.

Because Avery's husband was a sack of crap that didn't care about her? HA! Avery made a mistake by not divorcing him sooner. How is that her fault that her former husband was a dirtbag? Some lie.

Obviously the OP is bashing Avery/Leslie because apparently they're not entitled to their own opinions about anyone. If two women gossip about the black sheep of the Newman family they're nothing but a couple of clucking hens with nothing decent to say, right?

Where did they show us anything about Avery's husband? For all we know he was a lovely and attentive husband and Avery was a selfish cow who had no appreciation for him.

Actually, I really Avery saying on several occasions that her husband was a good man and didn't deserve, pile of hypocritical crap she is.

Are you related to Avery and Leslie are something? You seem to be taking this rather personal.

I'm not 'devoted' to Avery as someone else claimed earlier, I'm arguing both sides which I can do for any character on the show. It's just that this thread happens to be about Avery/Leslie.

"For all we know he was a lovely and attentive husband and Avery was a selfish cow who had no appreciation for him." And for all we know, Avery is telling the truth that her ex- didn't give two cents about her. There's too much 'old Phyllis' mentality on these boards though when it comes to Avery, and by that I mean not being able to take Avery at face value when she's trying to be honest/sincere and immediately assuming there's some ulterior motive involved. It's really bad.

"Actually, I really Avery saying on several occasions that her husband was a good man and didn't deserve, pile of hypocritical crap she is." That's because she was addled with guilt over losing her baby and goes to the first place she feels is the root of all evil - herself - even when it's not her fault. That in no way exempts her husband from being a jerk to her throughout their marriage.

And honestly, if you're going to call Avery a "pile of hypocritical crap" and a "selfish cow" then it's obviously not me who's taking things personally...

LOL! I take Avery at face value and judge her on things she has said and done, none of which are honest or above board.

Honestly though, her diatribes on soup or fresh basil bore me too much to continue this conversation. She simply isn't leading lady material for me. Zzzzzzzzzz.... Who needs a hypocritical bore?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/12 05:40PM
    #24   2013/09/12 05:39PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote calliope: Why does Avery have the right to tell another attorney not to take a call from a potential client. Then tells this person something that is not public knowledge. Not sure legally but to me doesn't seem really ethical.

Good point.

#25   2013/09/12 05:40PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote maja:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote maja:

Thank you for backing me up. I didn't think it would cause this much trouble.

jt don't worry about, it was nothing wrong with your thread.I think someone is just a little over the top with their devotion for Avery.

No kidding!

#26   2013/09/12 05:47PM
    ColorAzure

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote ColorAzure:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote ColorAzure:
    Quote maja:

LOL! I take Avery at face value and judge her on things she has said and done, none of which are honest or above board.

Honestly though, her diatribes on soup or fresh basil bore me too much to continue this conversation. She simply isn't leading lady material for me. Zzzzzzzzzz.... Who needs a hypocritical bore?

I never said anything about her being a leading lady, yes she's not the most interesting. But she's got more going for her than someone like Sharon, whose old, hashed junk is 99% of her storylines being/having a love interest or being someone's bed warmer. And right now, Sharon's certifiably nuts so I would take Avery at the very least over Sharon.

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote maja:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote maja:

Thank you for backing me up. I didn't think it would cause this much trouble.

jt don't worry about, it was nothing wrong with your thread.I think someone is just a little over the top with their devotion for Avery.

No kidding!

And really, what's the point of doing this? You're just trying to bait an argument now and I'm not biting.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/12 05:48PM
    #27   2013/09/12 05:50PM
    ladycam

Leslie sudden dislike for Adam She was always a sharp lawyer who enjoyed clients like Adam.How sad she's sanctimonious like Neil maybe that's contagious. Leslie and Avery very sad were my last hope for strong female character on the show Now am just ff both of them how well moving on.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/12 05:52PM
    #28   2013/09/12 05:51PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote ladycam: Leslie sudden dislike for Adam She was always a sharp lawyer who enjoyed clients like Adam.How sad she sanctimonious like Neil maybe that's contagious. Leslie and Avery very sad were my last hope for strong female character on the show Now am just ff both them how well moving on.

Avery was friends with him too, so given she didn't feel comfortable taking the case I would have thought she would be encouraging Leslie, given Adam is the victim here.

I thought she loved to fly in on her cape to protect the innocent?

#29   2013/09/12 05:54PM
    trixie60

Quote laurie6: I guess they are the same as everyone else, It doesn't bother me when the characters are being hypocritical because it is a soap and they are all going to do bad things, They are all also going to be judged by others who have done bad things as well. They all do it.

Yes, they do. Avery said that she didn't want to represent Adam because she didn't want to be involved in something that would take away another child from Dylan. Adam didn't do anything to her and neither did Dylan.

#30   2013/09/12 06:23PM
    villyforever55

Quote calliope: Why does Avery have the right to tell another attorney not to take a call from a potential client. Then tells this person something that is not public knowledge. Not sure legally but to me doesn't seem really ethical.

Avery and Leslie are law partners, so Avery was giving Leslie a heads up on what Adam wanted, that's what partners do. Avery is not Adam's lawyer, so what he said to her was not confidential, so she can tell her partner. Another point: Leslie has already acted as Adam's attorney so her impression of him as being cold and manipulative was just, her impression of him, which she is entitled to have. Two law partners discussing a potential client, that's all that was.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list