List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Paul raped his wife & killed his son...WTF Wedding

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Paul raped his wife & killed his son...WTF Wedding

Started by rip_ricky at 2013/09/08 05:54PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/10 12:06AM, Views: 4013, Replies: 52
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2013/09/08 08:07PM
    Re: Paul raped his wife & killed his son...WTF Wedding
    Kelby

Quote rip_ricky: Paul raped his wife and killed his son!

Does Y&R realize Danny Romalotti is Kay's adored stepson?!? Kay was married to his father, Rex Sterling!

Kay would NEVER want to hurt Danny & NINA by having Cricket and the Rapist Son-Killer marry at her funeral!

How could The Rapist and The Bug do that to Nina and Danny? BEYOND AWFUL!!! LIke Kay was spending her last days writing PAUL! As if!!! GMAFB!!!

That WTF Wedding was beyond Tacky and GROSS!!!

This is where I disagree. The writers then, just like now were and are butchering the show. The lines were very blurred with Paul raping Christine. I want to say Paul actually felt some remorse or something after that all happened. If memory serves me, he did say something along the lines of I forced myself on her, but she did give in. Anyway, I do not remember. It was all sensational bullsh.t. The lines were very blurred and the writers at that time did it purposely to p.ss viewers off, so people would talk. Ratings. It just alienated me personally, but whatever. I like your thoughts rip ricky that Katherine would have never hurt Nina and Danny by having Christine and Paul marry at her funeral. I think there is some merit to that. Interesting way of looking at it. For me, I choose to ignore the history of this show that does not make sense. There is a definite point when everything in the show started to go wrong. The Paul/Cricket rape s.it is an example of nonsense to me. I am with you all the way that the wedding was tacky and gross.

#12   2013/09/08 08:09PM
    Kelby

Quote calliope: Perhaps you both should check long time history...and short time! Katherine told Paul to go for it in her letter. Paul felt he raped Cricket but she did not! That is why she chased him to CA.
    I probably shouldn't have responded to this. In hindsight I guess it is a bait thread and I bit!

You are so right. It eventually came out that he saw it as rape, but Cricket did not. It came back to me. Thanks.

#13   2013/09/08 08:20PM
    Kelby

It was so many years ago, I am having trouble remembering. Paul kept his distance from Heather growing up because April did not want him in their lives, right? Anyway. Paul was not in Heather's life or April's, until April killed her husband in self defense, right? The April/self defense/killing story was in the early 90s. And then you never really heard from Heather/April, until Heather popped up a few years ago. All of that was so badly written in recent years. The Isabella/Paul relationship produced Ricky and Paul was written as a bad father there, too. You never heard Paul talk about him or anything. And then all of the sudden, they developed some quick bullsh.t story liked we cared, Ricky was so creatively written as a psychotic and Paul killed him. Pitiful storyline, although Doug Davidson's acting was phenomenal. Too bad the story s.cked. Meant absolutely nothing to me. Paul was not a good father. Anyone remember why April did not want Paul to be in Heather's life? I really do not remember.

#14   2013/09/08 08:32PM
    Paggie

April had married a rich dentist in New York and she convinced Paul that it was better for Heather to believe that Robert Lynch who she adored was her real father. He could give her everything she wanted and a stable life because he was well off (Paul wasn't )and it would be very emotionally confusing if Heather thought she had another father somewhere. So Paul agreed.

Even after April killed Robert she still wouldn't let Paul tell Heather who he really was even though he wanted to because she felt Heather was already too traumatized by loosing her "father". So Paul promised that for the time being he would always keep an eye out for her and secretly support her financially - which he did.

When Heather finally came to GC there was a lot of tweaking of that back story making Paul look like he had abandoned her while she was being abused. She wasn't. She was away at boarding school and knew nothing about Robert abusing April until after April killed him.

ETA - the Ricky back story was tweaked too to create more conflict. Paul did have regular contact with Ricky in his early years until he was about five and then Ricky was suddenly sorased 15 years and Paul "abandoned" him for 15 years! Come to think of it Paul's character has had a really bad rap as a parent thanks to the writers!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/08 08:37PM
    #15   2013/09/08 09:00PM
    Soapbaby71

I remember when Rex' ghost gave the impression that Chris and Danny would get back together and remarry. I do agree that would have been Kay's wish as well. Paul marrying Chris made as much since as Dylan being utterly stupid. Here's a thought, remember when Dallas realized they messed up killing off Bobby? Let's redue that scene with Chris in bed with Dannu and that whole mess was a dream!

#16   2013/09/08 09:45PM
    Cuid1

Does Y&R realize Danny Romalotti is Kay's adored stepson?!? Kay was married to his father, Rex Sterling!

Kay would NEVER want to hurt Danny & NINA by having Cricket and the Rapist Son-Killer marry at her funeral!

How could The Rapist and The Bug do that to Nina and Danny? BEYOND AWFUL!!! LIke Kay was spending her last days writing PAUL! As if!!! GMAFB!!!

Actually, I felt like Kay was letting Danny and Nina realize that they have to let go and move on.Christine and Danny was a popular couple but they were only married for three years. I'm excluding 1994 because Danny went to star in broadway part of 93 and basically all of 1994. Paul and Christine has a long back history. Paul and Christine were engaged from 1994-1996 and they were married from 1996-2002. Paul and Christine had eight years of marriage and romance under their belt.Anyway, from what I remember,Christine had moved on with Paul since the 90s. Danny would constantly interfering in Paul and Christine's relationship. Danny hurt Paul on many occasions by trying to get between Paul and Christine. Danny was the indirect reason why the hit and run happened.He knew Paul and Christine were about to be married but yet he initiated to kiss Christine.He also purposely lured Christine to Cheat on Paul which made Paul and Christine called off their wedding on Valentines Day 1996.Danny got Christine in trouble with Paul in early 1996 Danny was still pestering Christine to take him back.Of course Christine went on to marry Paul in August 1996.In 1998 when Christine and Paul were happily married, Danny filed for custody for Daniel and also use little Daniel to try and lure Christine back to him.He was even harrassing Paul who was married to Christine and threatening him. Danny should learn that you will always pay for your bad deeds. Nina should have never took her besties ex. Not to mention the fact that she stole Christine's other fiancee phillip some years back.Katherine was about tough love, she wanted Danny and Nina to feel the pain of what they did to two people.

#17   2013/09/09 12:56AM
    Piperay

Quote Scotia:
    Quote calliope: Perhaps you both should check long time history...and short time! Katherine told Paul to go for it in her letter. Paul felt he raped Cricket but she did not! That is why she chased him to CA.
    I probably shouldn't have responded to this. In hindsight I guess it is a bait thread and I bit!

I am sorry, I didn't mean to respond to a bait thread. I honestly was just curious, however I feel very bad if I have broken any rules.

What is a bait thread? As I said, I am a fairly new fan, and I didn't know any of this history and I was merely interested. Sometimes I get quite intimidated when I post something and I find I have said or done something wrong. I think in future I will stick to read only, it might be safer, as I have made a couple of mistakes in responding on a topic.

I am signing off, read only in the future!

All the best, and I am sorry for getting involved in this post.

Scotia I hope you will keep on posting. I didn't know either. I've just been watching the show for about 7yrs and have no idea what the history is and whether what people say is accurate or not. Don't let this stop you, I had no idea this was baiting post either.

#18   2013/09/09 02:50AM
    Monsoon

Quote Paggie:
    Quote Scotia:

I am sorry, I didn't mean to respond to a bait thread. I honestly was just curious, however I feel very bad if I have broken any rules.

What is a bait thread? As I said, I am a fairly new fan, and I didn't know any of this history and I was merely interested. Sometimes I get quite intimidated when I post something and I find I have said or done something wrong. I think in future I will stick to read only, it might be safer, as I have made a couple of mistakes in responding on a topic.

I am signing off, read only in the future!

All the best, and I am sorry for getting involved in this post.

No no. You did nothing wrong! Hope you check back in to read this. Please join in the conversations here and elsewhere. You'll get used to the flow of posts - for better or for worse! We all have to start somewhere! LOL!

The OP was stating an opinion which could have been interpreted as trying to stir things up just for the sake of controversy and self satisfaction rather than advance discussion. Or perhaps to annoy a particular fan base. That's a "bait post". I'm not sure of the motivation in this particular one.

Back history can often be taken out of context and reading that you were a newer viewer I responded in the hopes of clarifying Paul Danny Nina and Christine's back history. There is a great web site giving Y & R characters story history you might enjoy if you are a newer viewer:

soapcentral.com/yr/whoswho/index.php

No wonder so many don't want to post here.. just because someone starts a thread that someone else does not like does not make it a bait thread.. we also have the right to not respond.. but calling every single thread that has a different opinion a BAIT thread is just a way to make even less people post..

who cares if someone saw something different.. we are allowed..
    I am of the opinion that Paul did rape Christine. In my world No means NO and she said NO.. and he decided to go for it anyway.And he did shoot his son..

So to the OP ...feel free to post what you want.. Not all of us think this is a bait thread.. just a thread where you said what you felt.. carry on.

#19   2013/09/09 02:53AM
    Monsoon

Quote rip_ricky:

Excuse me? This is my opinion and I stand by it! Just because you don't like what I say, don't attack me and call me a "baiter".

Paul is a rapist! He raped Cricket. The most disgusting thing is when Paul forced himself on her, he knew Cricket had been raped twice already! Paul raped a rape victim!

Here's my proof! Paul rapes Christine:

Part 1:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VlMu6dpIqk

Part 2:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vcVRVP65bQ

Kay writing Paul a letter was a joke! She never spoke to Paul after he found Devon. That was their last scene on Y&R. Kay was closest to NINA and her step-son Danny! The Rapist and the Bug were out of sight, out of mind!

But Paul & Nina were together for 3 years when Nina lived under Kay's roof!

I agree with you... these things did happen.. I do not think this is a bait thread. I think calling you out as a baiter is the real BAIT.

#20   2013/09/09 03:48AM
    Blue 501

Quote rip_ricky:
    Quote Scotia:

Wow, I didn't know any of this. You are correct, Kay would never give her blessing. Knowing this, did she have anything to do with Paul? Why would there be a letter for him? I guess the writers rely on us fairly new viewers who don't know the history, when they reinvent the past.

I am glad there are people like you who can pick them up on this, it is sad they feel they can ignore the longtime fans just to write a story line.i find it fascinating to hear the true history of the old characters from people like yourself. Keep up the good work!

No problems. Here's the video clips! You can see for yourself.

Paul rapes Christine:

Part 1:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VlMu6dpIqk

Part 2:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vcVRVP65bQ

Paul murders his son:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWLwGwBcDoI

Paul was a deadbeat to both his children. He abandoned Ricky as a baby and left him in the care of his mentally unstable ex-wife.

No offense but didn't Ricky's maternal grandparents raise him? I thought Ricky's mother went straight to the mental hospital for trying to murder Christine & is still there. For a while I thought she was out when a mystery person was leaving flowers on Ricky's grave but I guess they dropped that s.l.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list