List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Let's be honest

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Let's be honest

Started by weatherholt3 at 2013/09/08 08:23AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/10 07:52AM, Views: 2042, Replies: 25
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/08 08:23AM
    Let's be honest
    weatherholt3

Please do not turn this into a love/hate bashing thread this is not what this is meant to be.

There has been threads about Sharon needs to leave because she has run her course(I'm not saying threads have not been wrote about other character need to leave just right now it be mostly about Sharon this is the only reason her name has been bought up)

Let's be honest hasn't most Vets run their course after being on here for 20-30-40 years and have done just about everything possible, what's left for them to do, how many more times are we going to have to watch Victor/Jack/Adam fight for NE and stab each other in the back and now watch them fight over CI..Nikki and Victor get married/divorce/marry other people divorce them and marry each other again...how many times do we have to watch Victor go off to fine himself..Billy and Victor fight over Victoria...Vikki,Nick and Adam fight for their dad love and NE...how many times do we have to see Nick get married and divorced...how many times do we have to see Sharon get thrown under the bus by the Newmans...see Neil go from NE to Jabot to CI...what is happening for Michael and Avery(she really isn't a Vet)to be lawyer again. What's left for Lily,Cane,Kevin,Lauren and Chloe to do..how many more switched paternity test or who's the baby daddy(right now no one is pregnant so we don't have to worry about this for awhile)Is Jill going to try and get control of CI again,how many more hidden kids are going to be bought in...if Phyllis is to be bought back what is left for her to do execpt to put her nose into everybody business (this is now I seen her)

Believe me I dont want any of them to go I'm just saying if one goes because they have run their course then they all need to go because they all have run their course.

there wouldn't be Y&R without the Vets. I think it easier to except when the Vets decide to leave on there own instead of them being killed or sent off because the writers can't figure out what to do with them next but it happens all the time...but as fan we can always find something for them to do.

I agree seeing the same old same old storylines can get frustating but if they don't rewrite some s/l or even some of the history with a little twist and turn in them then what else is left for them to do.

What I want is for them to bring back the Newman, Abbot,Winters and Chancellor(wont be the same with Catherine) families they used to fight for each other but also fought with each other. I missed the family scenes especially the holiday scenes they used to have, but for the last couple of years they haven't had any families to celebrate the holidays last year was the first time they even had anything close to a family when they shown Nick Sharon Noah and Faith decorating the tree and reading stories together. I miss the friendship they used to have who is friends on here anymore Chloe and Chelsea and Avery and Adam and to me these friendship are kind of weird. They had Sharon and Avery, Sharon and Dylan Victoria and Chloe, Dylan and Faith starting up as friends but they have destroyed those, they really kind of made a mess out of Phyllis and Michael friendship before Phyllis left.. right now everybody is after everybody, I hope and pray that they can find some writers to come and fix the mess they have turned this show into. There for a while I found it very interesting but right now its hard to watch, oh I'm still a fan and I'm still watching but it is getting harder and harder to watch on a daily bases.

I know you have to bring in newbies to keep the show going but don't backburn the Vets.

Please writers bring back the families, the passion, friendships and the fire this show used to have and keep the Vets up front

#2   2013/09/08 08:30AM
    Re: Let's be honest
    hopey pix

I know what you mean about the vets having done it all!But,yet we still want to see them and don't want them to go away!I guess it's because nothing lasts much anymore these days!Watching Y&R and seeing what I consider to be old,comforting friends is wonderful still to me!That's why I watch others from Y&R on other shows,when they are on them.And marvel on how long the ones who do go to do more other TV,on how long they really do last on Y&R!!We still love our Y&R stars,and welcome them back often like we do in real life!!I just don't want to see a time we don't have this great show!!

#3   2013/09/08 08:36AM
    CdnMama

The show has really changed. The day to day direction of the show has changed. you are so right, they don't show any family time (besides attending weddings, etc) or friendship. I'm tired of seeing people meeting up in Crimson Lights. There's no where else in town these people can go?? For millionaires, they don't get out much. What to Victor and Nikki do??? Nikki visits Jack, that's about the extent of her outings and Victor sits around the house or goes to Newman. Weird! Why don't they show them in different places? On the plus side, Adam finally has a house and not some dumb room at the stupid "club". So tired of everyone and their mother living at the club'!!!!

#4   2013/09/08 10:21AM
    jacksmyguy

This is a very good post by Weatherholt and makes a lot of good points about why many of the long-time viewers are so passionate about Y&R. That is one of my main complaints about JFP and company. Everything now is about how many times the young guys can take off their shirts to show their bodies or how fast a young female can slip out of her dress for a hot sex scene. There are not many other types of relationships or s/ls going on and when they do show something the least bit familiar, it is always the same thing and handled the same way. Let someone in Victor's family finally wise up and walk away from him and mean it for a change. Let Jack come out ahead over Victor just one time and let him enjoy the victory without snatching it away from him the very next minute. Let someone find true love and don't let it burn out with some cheap s/l. Let one entitled kid grow up with a down to earth attitude instead of being so snooty. Quit writing off interesting characters we would like to come to know better like Sarge, Harmony, Jamie, Eden, etc., and replacing them with characters most of us don't really care about such as Tyler and Hillary. Come up with some original ideas for the vets; since they keep repeating the same old tired ideas over and over there have to be dozens of fresh, untapped, ideas that some creative writer could come up with if they put any real effort into it. Quit forcing feeding us with 20-year-old newbies just so you can add one more sexy young thing to the cast. If any new characters are brought into the show make them people with actual ties to the past like Mackenzie, Tucker, Ashley or Nikki's sister, etc. The bottom line is, IMO, JFP is still trying to make this show into Beefcakes-R-Us rather than the soap we are desperately trying to hang onto. The show can still be saved. The question is, do they really want to save it for us or will they finally drive the last nail in the coffin?

#5   2013/09/08 10:47AM
    alanadz

I was with you until you brought Phyllis into it. The fact is MS left. Phyllis is NOT on canvas and there is nothing coming from Y&R about a recast. So if Phyllis has run her course, it's not a problem because she is already GONE!

I am also not a fan of bringing back most characters. Going backward is rarely the answer to anything. Progress means moving forward. I am 100000% sure the current writing team was not hired to move backward. I like most of what they are doing and hope to see more fresh new faces at Y&R.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/08 10:51AM
    #6   2013/09/08 10:54AM
    alanadz

Quote jacksmyguy: This is a very good post by Weatherholt and makes a lot of good points about why many of the long-time viewers are so passionate about Y&R. That is one of my main complaints about JFP and company. Everything now is about how many times the young guys can take off their shirts to show their bodies or how fast a young female can slip out of her dress for a hot sex scene. There are not many other types of relationships or s/ls going on and when they do show something the least bit familiar, it is always the same thing and handled the same way. Let someone in Victor's family finally wise up and walk away from him and mean it for a change. Let Jack come out ahead over Victor just one time and let him enjoy the victory without snatching it away from him the very next minute. Let someone find true love and don't let it burn out with some cheap s/l. Let one entitled kid grow up with a down to earth attitude instead of being so snooty. Quit writing off interesting characters we would like to come to know better like Sarge, Harmony, Jamie, Eden, etc., and replacing them with characters most of us don't really care about such as Tyler and Hillary. Come up with some original ideas for the vets; since they keep repeating the same old tired ideas over and over there have to be dozens of fresh, untapped, ideas that some creative writer could come up with if they put any real effort into it. Quit forcing feeding us with 20-year-old newbies just so you can add one more sexy young thing to the cast. If any new characters are brought into the show make them people with actual ties to the past like Mackenzie, Tucker, Ashley or Nikki's sister, etc. The bottom line is, IMO, JFP is still trying to make this show into Beefcakes-R-Us rather than the soap we are desperately trying to hang onto. The show can still be saved. The question is, do they really want to save it for us or will they finally drive the last nail in the coffin?

They are not trying to reach everyone. And if the Y&R can't reach the target audience for their sponsors, no one at CBS is going to shed any tears about canceling a soap.

#7   2013/09/08 11:06AM
    Kelby

I agree with much of your honesty. The truth is, the veterans are what make the show because the writers who wrote for those characters for so many years were so good. They truly developed those characters and made you love everything about them....good and bad. Unfortunately, the newer characters do not get the same. You see bits and pieces, but nothing great. There lies the problem. I would love and embrace most of the new characters and recasts more, if they were developed and were decent actors. Some of them are alright actors and some really bl.w. The veterans need new stories as well. Jes.s, the writers could open up a newspaper and get a great storyline. They can not even be that creative.

#8   2013/09/08 11:17AM
    laurie6

I agree with most of what you said except for Sharon being thrown under the bus by the Newmans,Sharon has caused all of her own problems and needs to take responsibility for them, IMO that is where a lot of her bashing comes from because she is always excused for her behavior and it is always blamed on someone else. A lot of the stories on here are repeat but in the past they were written a lot better and newbies didn't just take over. I don't want any of the vets off the show they are the ones who made it worth watching for so long, I just don't know how much longer this soap will last with the way it is being written right now.IMO

#9   2013/09/08 11:47AM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote alanadz: I was with you until you brought Phyllis into it. The fact is MS left. Phyllis is NOT on canvas and there is nothing coming from Y&R about a recast. So if Phyllis has run her course, it's not a problem because she is already GONE!

I am also not a fan of bringing back most characters. Going backward is rarely the answer to anything. Progress means moving forward. I am 100000% sure the current writing team was not hired to move backward. I like most of what they are doing and hope to see more fresh new faces at Y&R.

The last thing Y&R needs is more new faces. The s/ls are mostly pathetic for the existing characters. Hopefully the new writers will do better, but until I see improvement in the show, I really don’t want to see any new faces unless they are replacing some of the existing new faces.

I think bringing back characters such as Mackenzie, Tucker, Ashley or Nikki's sister is a good idea because they are members of existing families and/or businesses. Now that Mrs. C is gone, Devon is the only member of the Chancellor family in GC, and he has no s/l except getting into Lily’s business. Mac and Tucker could take over CI. It would be nice for Ashley to be the one trying to keep Jack straight instead of John’s ghost. Ashley and Tucker could even get back together. With Tucker back, there could be more s/ls for Devon. It’s not like these are old characters that have no current ties. If they are going to keep bringing in new faces and backburner most of the original characters, they should just change the name from Y&R to something else like N&B, The New and the Boring.

#10   2013/09/08 12:18PM
    weatherholt3

Quote alanadz: I was with you until you brought Phyllis into it. The fact is MS left. Phyllis is NOT on canvas and there is nothing coming from Y&R about a recast. So if Phyllis has run her course, it's not a problem because she is already GONE!

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say about Phyllis I did not say Phyllis ran her course I was trying to say if we were all to be honest all Vets have run their course in one way or another, maybe I should of said if they were to bring back any of the Vets such as Ashley, Phyllis JT MAC or Gloria what is there for them to do put to cause trouble in marriages and business and hasn't that been done over and over. I have been trying to think of different storylines for the VETS but with them all being on Y&R for 20-30-40 yrs what is left for them to do. Anything and everything that you can think of has been done on this soap

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list