List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Old Abby/New Abby

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Old Abby/New Abby

Started by lbugcoco at 2013/09/05 06:11PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 12:52PM, Views: 1906, Replies: 26
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2013/09/05 08:44PM
    Re: Old Abby/New Abby
    volfan

Quote alanadz:
    Quote JaNell36: It took me awhile... but I like this Abby... not as good as our old one, but I like her with Tyler... much better than with Alex!

I can't stand her or Tyler. I wish would both go away. These are two newbies I don't like.

I don't like them either. The other Abby was more fashionable, spunky and richy. This one doesn't have the bubbly cute personality of the old Abby. As for Tyler, I never liked him from the beginning. They need to send him packing.

#22   2013/09/06 12:23PM
    LJMOM812

I happen to like new Abby; but I wonder, especially with new characters and recasts, how much the s/l effects how well liked the actor/ character is? I believe, given the right s/l and writing many newer actors could win viewers over. New Abby's s/l has been boring and mostly back burner stuff. She might really shine with the right s/l and I am interested in seeing how she does when Ashley comes back. If they have the right mom/ daughter chemistry, then I believe her likability will increase. Old Abby(MR) had great chemistry with Ashley(ED).

#23   2013/09/06 12:31PM
    valleycliffe

never cared for any of the abby's after darcy played her but, from what i have seen, i don't mind this nuabby at all..caught a scene of her and tyler and thought they looked great together, plus this one seems age appropriate.

#24   2013/09/06 01:39PM
    Gideon58

I, too have to remind myself sometimes when she appears onscreen, "Oh yeah, that's NuAbby". I don't mind Ordway in the role but I really really miss Rylan in the role but understand why she left. I do think part of the problem with Ordway is that the character is still being written like Rylan is still playing the part. The writers need to figure out what Ordway's strengths are and write to them, not Rylan's.

#25   2013/09/06 02:18PM
    alanadz

Quote valleycliffe: never cared for any of the abby's after darcy played her but, from what i have seen, i don't mind this nuabby at all..caught a scene of her and tyler and thought they looked great together, plus this one seems age appropriate.

Darcy was precious! Darcy Rose and Samantha Bailey are to of the most adorable child actors ever.

#26   2013/09/06 02:20PM
    alanadz

Quote volfan:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote JaNell36: It took me awhile... but I like this Abby... not as good as our old one, but I like her with Tyler... much better than with Alex!

I can't stand her or Tyler. I wish would both go away. These are two newbies I don't like.

I don't like them either. The other Abby was more fashionable, spunky and richy. This one doesn't have the bubbly cute personality of the old Abby. As for Tyler, I never liked him from the beginning. They need to send him packing.

You have a good point about Tyler. He brings down every character he is involved with. I couldn't stand Lily when they had scenes together. Now I can't stand Abby.

#27   2013/09/09 12:52PM
    alanadz

I liked old Abby better.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list