List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Old Abby/New Abby

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Old Abby/New Abby

Started by lbugcoco at 2013/09/05 06:11PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 12:52PM, Views: 1892, Replies: 26
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/05 06:11PM
    Old Abby/New Abby
    lbugcoco

When the old Abby was on, we hardly ever saw her. I believe that's why she accepted the role on GH. Really enjoyed her too. Ever since the new Abby came, she's on at least 2-3 days a week. I still look at her sometimes and think "who is this" then within the content of conversation, I say "oh, yea, she's Abby". I'm sure I'm not alone in still having a hard time accepting her as Abby. She is a good actress, just seems out of place for some reason.

#2   2013/09/05 06:21PM
    Re: Old Abby/New Abby
    Ohio chick

The difference is Day and Night. Huge character make over. Love them both. Just sooo different. should be good to see who gets serious first Abby or Tyler. The new Abby seems more desperate to find love.

#3   2013/09/05 06:24PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote lbugcoco: When the old Abby was on, we hardly ever saw her. I believe that's why she accepted the role on GH. Really enjoyed her too. Ever since the new Abby came, she's on at least 2-3 days a week. I still look at her sometimes and think "who is this" then within the content of conversation, I say "oh, yea, she's Abby". I'm sure I'm not alone in still having a hard time accepting her as Abby. She is a good actress, just seems out of place for some reason.

She simply is not Abby as we knew her and is a horrific recast.

Abby was one of my favourite characters, now she is one of my least and it is one more nail in the coffin of this horrid show for me.

#4   2013/09/05 06:27PM
    alanadz

I liked new Abby for about 5 minutes. Now I can't stand her. She has become the typical dumb blond.

I loved old Abby, she was fun, but she was not I never saw her as Abigail Abbott Newman, super rich heiress. Back to the drawing board.

#5   2013/09/05 06:28PM
    JaNell36

It took me awhile... but I like this Abby... not as good as our old one, but I like her with Tyler... much better than with Alex!

#6   2013/09/05 06:39PM
    fairland

Quote Ohio chick: The difference is Day and Night. Huge character make over. Love them both. Just sooo different. should be good to see who gets serious first Abby or Tyler. The new Abby seems more desperate to find love.

the old or the new Abby. I would prefer the new Abby who is less than a wild child.If it is called for it I think the new Abby would go down and nuts if the story line is called for it. I love all sides of Abby I just do not care how the acting is done. Actually I do care how the acting is done with Abby . But, I am recognizing Melissa Ordway in some showed that i love watching like cold case, 90210. I would like to see more outside project done with Melissa Ordway's acting skills in other TV show like Grey's Anatomy not as a doctor. Mistresses,Cold justice, KIng and Maxwell, Bones, Reign, Revenge,chicago fire.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/05 06:42PM
    #7   2013/09/05 06:41PM
    alanadz

Quote JaNell36: It took me awhile... but I like this Abby... not as good as our old one, but I like her with Tyler... much better than with Alex!

I can't stand her or Tyler. I wish would both go away. These are two newbies I don't like.

#8   2013/09/05 06:42PM
    Lizzytish

I love new Abby -- she's so much more believable in the role than old Abby.

Emme Rylan played the spoiled 18 year old Abby very well -- but her attitude soon got to be so annoying. When they tried to "age" Abby and make her more a part of the Newman family, that's when she just didn't fit. I never saw her as Nick and Victoria's sister.

Melissa Ordway fits the role so much better IMO. I just wish they'd give her a more substantial role than the silly conversations she's been having.

#9   2013/09/05 06:42PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote lbugcoco: When the old Abby was on, we hardly ever saw her. I believe that's why she accepted the role on GH. Really enjoyed her too. Ever since the new Abby came, she's on at least 2-3 days a week. I still look at her sometimes and think "who is this" then within the content of conversation, I say "oh, yea, she's Abby". I'm sure I'm not alone in still having a hard time accepting her as Abby. She is a good actress, just seems out of place for some reason.

She simply is not Abby as we knew her and is a horrific recast.

Abby was one of my favourite characters, now she is one of my least and it is one more nail in the coffin of this horrid show for me.

I completely agree! Every time she is onscreen hubby says "Who is she?" and I say "She's SUPPOSED to be Abby!"

We only have this one because Melissa Ordway is a friend of Jill's. We lost Marcy Rylan for no other reason than for JFP to give this one a job. SMH

#10   2013/09/05 06:43PM
    calliope

I think she is a good actress and I like her. But...it is hard to adjust to how quickly they remade her personality. I hope she still has a streak of the outlandish in her!

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list