List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....

Started by Kelby at 2013/09/05 10:37AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/08 11:35AM, Views: 3265, Replies: 32
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/09/07 06:24AM
    Re: After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....
    lapue

I thought it very warm and loving how they reached back and brought memories to us. I watch from a young child and the flash backs were great even down to the part that she would have said live life ask her to marry you talking about Paul and cricket as we remember them from years gone by. We also must remember her family is still grieving so I thought it fitting not to go to personal for them. As for her real son father Todd I know it must have been hard but also he was with her second family. Thanks y&r for a lovely memorial.

#32   2013/09/07 07:06AM
    uncgrad80

Kelby, I am so sorry you and your father were so disappointed with the memorial(not funeral). I had stopped watching years ago but came back when Maura West joined the cast(let down from the writers). I had stopped again. I tuned in for the memorial. I thought it was one of the best tributes to a character and an actress. Katherine and Jeanne would have been pleased. The character was always honest about who she was. The actress did some of her best work as a drunk. I wish we could have heard more from Brock and I wish Phillip and Chance had come back. Otherwise, I thought it was wonderful. As for the wedding--from what I have read of this show lately, it was nice to have a non-violent service where no one was maimed, hurt or killed. Out of sorrow came joy. I told my husband that is the kind of memorial I would want.

#33   2013/09/08 11:35AM
    Kelby

Quote uncgrad80: Kelby, I am so sorry you and your father were so disappointed with the memorial(not funeral). I had stopped watching years ago but came back when Maura West joined the cast(let down from the writers). I had stopped again. I tuned in for the memorial. I thought it was one of the best tributes to a character and an actress. Katherine and Jeanne would have been pleased. The character was always honest about who she was. The actress did some of her best work as a drunk. I wish we could have heard more from Brock and I wish Phillip and Chance had come back. Otherwise, I thought it was wonderful. As for the wedding--from what I have read of this show lately, it was nice to have a non-violent service where no one was maimed, hurt or killed. Out of sorrow came joy. I told my husband that is the kind of memorial I would want.

Even in Katherine's honesty and frankness, I could understand the feel of the funeral in a great way. However, it seemed all very dis shoveled and unorganized. And that drove me nuts. All in all, I think because the show has gotten so bad in the writing department, there is no way it could have been a great funeral/memorial service. There were too many stupid retcon story, ludicrous family angles, messy stories and characters to conflict with it. The Christine/Paul wedding was foolish, especially since Christine is not even apart of the fold anymore. Not enough to matter. What did we care about their marriage. Paul's halfa.s apart of the fold these days. I think in any instance, the wedding was so far fetched, especially with formerly sick obsesssed, attempted rape/kill Cricket Michael being the best man. Get lost writers! On what planet. Each regime of writers keep perpetuating that bullsh.t friendship. Give me a kit kat. Love ya Katherine! That day should have been all about you. Even if Christine was really apart of the show these days, I do not know that I could have accepted a wedding and a funeral. The writing has to be spot on and for this show it is not. I can not accept bologna just because.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list