List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....

Started by Kelby at 2013/09/05 10:37AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/08 11:35AM, Views: 3293, Replies: 32
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/09/05 05:45PM
    Re: After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....
    BobbiSox

Quote AdrianeG:
    Quote YR2013: If Avery and Nick had gotten married, we could have called it Two Weddings and a Memorial.

I wish they had focus only on Mrs. C.

Me too. And the worse part is the guests looked dressed for a wedding to begin with, not a funeral. When I first saw Christine I said to myself she looks like she is wearing a bridesmaid dress. What were the writers trying to do? Saving money on clothes and props by having 2 events onscreen at once. Very distasteful in my opinion. And to top it off we barely see Paul and Christine ogether anyway.
    That's funny, I said the same exact thing about the dress in an earlier post. Did you get a load of Avery's dress. She was dressed to go stand on a street corner, with her butt pooching out, and her boobs popping out. Someone should tell Avery that she doesn't have anything we all don't have. Maybe she thinks she's special, because she has boobs.

#12   2013/09/05 05:49PM
    Cuid1

The funeral was done the way Katherine would have wanted it. I don't see anything wrong with two people who love each other getting hitched at a place where all their loved ones gathered to celebrate a woman they deeply love.

#13   2013/09/05 05:55PM
    Kelby

They dumbed that funeral down enough to brainwash the two viewers that are still watching regularly, to think it was the way Katherine would have wanted it. That is what I think.

#14   2013/09/05 06:12PM
    mimimak

I enjoyed the Memorial, but would have preferred a more dignified service for such a classy lady. I enjoyed the old clips, but would have enjoyed some of the clips with the original Jill as well. The wedding was quite odd, but a nice touch to uplift a sad farewell to our beloved Mrs. C. Reviewing her sordid past was not appropriate IMO and once again the writers seem out of touch with longtime loyal fans. But given the circumstances it was not horrible IMO, but a little bit strange at times. It almost seemed as though they were trying to bring new viewers up to date on the Jill-Katherine history. The niceties between Jill and Nikki were a nice touch. I love the vets and wish they could continue to be front and center rather than props for the newbies. I also applaud Corbin Bernsen, a class act and great tribute to his mother Jeanne Cooper for coming back to play Fr. Todd as I believe he had not been treated well by the show in recent years. If you want to "get to know" more about Corbin, check out his Facebook page. I wish he could stick around in GC for a while. Naming the park for Mrs. Chancellor was a very creative idea that will make for a great set for future shows and a very nice "permanent" remembrance of a great actress and long time beloved character and resident of GC.

#15   2013/09/05 06:26PM
    JaNell36

In all honesty... I didn't know what to expect given the writers....

I would have wanted it to be more about Catherine! But I didn't expect much...

#16   2013/09/05 06:52PM
    Rebel556

Funny how just the regulars were there. Katherine Chancellor was a huge presence in Genoa City. members of the board, her attorney, neighbors, and many more people would have been there. What the writers should have done was have the regulars meet at the park AFTER the funeral which would have been held off camera. There will be more people at MY funeral and I am nobody.

#17   2013/09/05 07:27PM
    Paggie

Quote Kelby: They dumbed that funeral down enough to brainwash the two viewers that are still watching regularly, to think it was the way Katherine would have wanted it. That is what I think.

I'm one of the two viewers who was obviously "brainwashed" into appreciating the wonderful and genuinely heartfelt tribute to a unique woman. It was absolutely what Katharine wanted. For those who have followed the scripts carefully and understand the essence of Katharine Chancellor there would be no doubt. She orchestrated this event. She wanted a celebration not tears. And that's what Janice Ferri Esser - a former Bill Bell script writer - brought to the page for these two special episodes. No wonder they felt like a blast from the past!

The attendees were those closest to Katharine's heart and per her wishes wore clothes to celebrate not morn. Nikki even removed Victor's dark tie to remind him of that!

As Peter Bergaman said recently the show was a "gift" to long time viewers. A wonderful retrospective of the complexities of Katharine's character within the confines of what was possible production wise. It was never intended to be a crash course in Kay's history for newer viewers.

DD and LLB said in their recent interview that they too were initially taken by surprise by the wedding script within the memorial but then realized this was Katharine's gift to them - new life emerging from a death.

As a brainwashed viewer I "get it". Furthermore I appreciated the long hours, the tears and the emotional toll both infront of the camera and behind that went into making this loving tribute.

Seems as if Katharine was well pleased with the way things turned out. She didn't seem to feel disrespected at the end of the day. I saw her smiling!

#18   2013/09/05 07:28PM
    Kelby

Rebel, what a great post. People from the board at Chancellor Industries should have been there. A bunch of fill in characters, absolutely. Having the regulars meet in the park after the funeral. Great ideas! Da.n, why don't you write for this show. You are somebody to me, with that kind of thinking.

#19   2013/09/05 07:44PM
    Kelby

Quote Paggie:
    Quote Kelby: They dumbed that funeral down enough to brainwash the two viewers that are still watching regularly, to think it was the way Katherine would have wanted it. That is what I think.

I'm one of the two viewers who was obviously "brainwashed" into appreciating the wonderful and genuinely heartfelt tribute to a unique woman. It was absolutely what Katharine wanted. For those who have followed the scripts carefully and understand the essence of Katharine Chancellor there would be no doubt. She orchestrated this event. She wanted a celebration not tears. And that's what Janice Ferri Esser - a former Bill Bell script writer - brought to the page for these two special episodes. No wonder they felt like a blast from the past!

The attendees were those closest to Katharine's heart and per her wishes wore clothes to celebrate not morn. Nikki even removed Victor's dark tie to remind him of that!

As Peter Bergaman said recently the show was a "gift" to long time viewers. A wonderful retrospective of the complexities of Katharine's character within the confines of what was possible production wise. It was never intended to be a crash course in Kay's history for newer viewers.

DD and LLB said in their recent interview that they too were initially taken by surprise by the wedding script within the memorial but then realized this was Katharine's gift to them - new life emerging from a death.

As a brainwashed viewer I "get it". Furthermore I appreciated the long hours, the tears and the emotional toll both infront of the camera and behind that went into making this loving tribute.

Seems as if Katharine was well pleased with the way things turned out. She didn't seem to feel disrespected at the end of the day. I saw her smiling!

I guess my question is this....Do you think the actors that are currently with the show, even if they are not currently with it, are going to say anything negative about something that should have been a fantastic memorial. No, they are not. Whether it was one of Bill Bell's script writers or not, it was not his influence. He may have influenced her in some ways, but he did not have a profound impact on that funeral. His version would have been totally different. If the actors had had any creative control, it would have been way better. I guarantee they had no or very little creative control and that is a shame. Seeing as how these writers are new to this show that would have been a smart move I think. Honestly, the people who mostly post on this board are still fans of the show whether it is good or not. When it is horrible, they still say it is good. The real reviews from die hard fans of yester year or even today are out and about. Social media and all. People were not pleased with that slack. The thought was great. The execution p.ss poor. I am Y&Rs biggest fan and supporter. Not when it is stupid though. Call it what it is. A mess.

#20   2013/09/05 08:20PM
    Paggie

Quote Kelby:
    Quote Paggie:

I guess my question is this....Do you think the actors that are currently with the show, even if they are not currently with it, are going to say anything negative about something that should have been a fantastic memorial. No, they are not. Whether it was one of Bill Bell's script writers or not, it was not his influence. He may have influenced her in some ways, but he did not have a profound impact on that funeral. His version would have been totally different. If the actors had had any creative control, it would have been way better. I guarantee they had no or very little creative control and that is a shame. Seeing as how these writers are new to this show that would have been a smart move I think. Honestly, the people who mostly post on this board are still fans of the show whether it is good or not. When it is horrible, they still say it is good. The real reviews from die hard fans of yester year or even today are out and about. Social media and all. People were not pleased with that slack. The thought was great. The execution p.ss poor. I am Y&Rs biggest fan and supporter. Not when it is stupid though. Call it what it is. A mess.

Obviously our opinions differ. Opinions are just that. A matter of personal perspective. You call it a mess - I call it a lovingly produced tribute which enterained me, made me reflect, made me nostalgic and made me grab the kleenexes. If yours is the more popular and valid perspective out there on social - then so be it.
    I'll leave the negativity to those who are better at critiquing than I am. I have the advantage of two hours well spent and happy memories.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list