List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....

Started by Kelby at 2013/09/05 10:37AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/08 11:35AM, Views: 3367, Replies: 32
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/05 10:37AM
    After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....
    Kelby

My father and I are in agreement that Y&R will never come back to anything decent. I can not subside my feelings. I am truly disgusted by what happened. TV should entertain, and in this case respectfully entertain, not compress one of TVs most iconic characters. I really have nothing more to say on this. I have said it all. Criticized and critiqued all I can of that farce of a funeral. I will say there was some positive light in it, but not enough to shine at all. May the great years of Y&R and Katherine live on in everyone's memory, for that is all we are left with. The end is near for this beloved program. Much love to all the actors and actresses that have kept it together through this very emotional and hard time. I cherish your work and dedication. It is just a shame those in charge do not. The veterans like Katherine are what has kept this show riding on its coattails of yester years great writers. Without that kind of talent, a show can not go on. I am grateful to still see many of the other great talents still with us. May all that great talent rub out all that is restraining. Love you Katherine! Love you Jeanne! Love you always....The Young and the Restless!

#2   2013/09/05 04:46PM
    Re: After that disrespectful funeral for Katherine....
    Kelby

:)

#3   2013/09/05 04:55PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Kelby: My father and I are in agreement that Y&R will never come back to anything decent. I can not subside my feelings. I am truly disgusted by what happened. TV should entertain, and in this case respectfully entertain, not compress one of TVs most iconic characters. I really have nothing more to say on this. I have said it all. Criticized and critiqued all I can of that farce of a funeral. I will say there was some positive light in it, but not enough to shine at all. May the great years of Y&R and Katherine live on in everyone's memory, for that is all we are left with. The end is near for this beloved program. Much love to all the actors and actresses that have kept it together through this very emotional and hard time. I cherish your work and dedication. It is just a shame those in charge do not. The veterans like Katherine are what has kept this show riding on its coattails of yester years great writers. Without that kind of talent, a show can not go on. I am grateful to still see many of the other great talents still with us. May all that great talent rub out all that is restraining. Love you Katherine! Love you Jeanne! Love you always....The Young and the Restless!

Beautiful.

#4   2013/09/05 05:04PM
    mswadel

I must be dense as I thought the memorial, not funeral, for Mrs. C was very respectful and just like she would have planned if she could have. The group assembled in her honor was almost perfect as the only one absent, who should have been there, was Mackenzie Mrs. C's grandaughter.

I am not happy with the program in general but for two days I felt like I was back in the 'good old days' of Y & R.

#5   2013/09/05 05:06PM
    YR2013

If Avery and Nick had gotten married, we could have called it Two Weddings and a Memorial.

I wish they had focus only on Mrs. C.

#6   2013/09/05 05:15PM
    BobbiSox

Quote YR2013: If Avery and Nick had gotten married, we could have called it Two Weddings and a Memorial.

ROFL Two Weddings and a Memorial, very funny. Hey, they could have called Jill's speech All About Jill. They should have focused more on Mrs. C's good works in the community, and less on the cat fights. That wasn't cool.

#7   2013/09/05 05:29PM
    Kelby

LOL Y'all are funny. I am moving on, I think. I have to get off this topic. Ha! Mad I am.

#8   2013/09/05 05:37PM
    BobbiSox

Quote Kelby: LOL Y'all are funny. I am moving on, I think. I have to get off this topic. Ha! Mad I am.

You've made some good points. I agree with you. They should have done better. What did we expect? A simple service that was dignified and uneventful? Not really. Not in GC. We will just have to get passed it, and get over it, and move on to bigger and better critiques!

#9   2013/09/05 05:40PM
    AdrianeG

Quote YR2013: If Avery and Nick had gotten married, we could have called it Two Weddings and a Memorial.

Me too. And the worse part is the guests looked dressed for a wedding to begin with, not a funeral. When I first saw Christine I said to myself she looks like she is wearing a bridesmaid dress. What were the writers trying to do? Saving money on clothes and props by having 2 events onscreen at once. Very distasteful in my opinion. And to top it off we barely see Paul and Christine ogether anyway.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/05 05:41PM
    #10   2013/09/05 05:44PM
    Cuid1

Quote AdrianeG:

Me too. And the worse part is the guests looked dressed for a wedding to begin with, not a funeral. When I first saw Christine I said to myself she looks like she is wearing a bridesmaid dress. What were the writers trying to do? Saving money on clothes and props by having 2 events onscreen at once. Very distasteful in my opinion. And to top it off we barely see Paul and Christine ogether anyway.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list