List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What EXACTLY Did Vic Do To Adam This Time?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What EXACTLY Did Vic Do To Adam This Time?

Started by Please_listen at 2013/09/05 09:41AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/10 07:44AM, Views: 3627, Replies: 109
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #61   2013/09/05 01:10PM
    Re: What EXACTLY Did Vic Do To Adam This Time?
    YR2013

Quote ladycam: From Jack's conversation with Adam his motive is clear. He wanted a relationship with Victor let his guard down. Step up and try to save the family business which cause him a lot. The deal with Jack could have gone either way. Jack at this time is not interested in NE. They could have work together and repay the loan and own the business again. But Victor support is fake and he keeps asking Adam to jump through hoops every step of the way. That's why all his other kids cut him off. But Adam doesn't know Victor enough to knows this. Victor cares about Victor if not for Nikki and Ashley. He would treat Nick,Victoria,Abby the same way he treats Adam like he's disposable. But Nikki and Ashley gives Victor hell for abusing their children. There is nobody to stand up for Adam his other kids are more than happy when things go south with Adam. He should forget about Victor focus on Connor.

ICAM! I hope Adam will change completely when he finds out about Connor. I think we will see a new Adam.

#62   2013/09/05 01:13PM
    Please_listen

Quote LJMOM812:
    Quote Please_listen: ^^^^Adam depending on Jack to make a mends with his father, really? So Adam didn't see a problem getting into bed with his father's enemy knowing Jack could change his mind at any second? Jack doesn't this NOW, but that doesn't mean that cant' change or won't.

IF Adam meant no harm whatsoever, he should have told his father what he was doing, so jack would be able to blind side him. but since we see it doesnt' take much for Adam to turn on vic like a vicious dog, his desire couldn't have been too sincere.

I would think Vic standing up for him in public would count for something, but obviously it doesn't, Vic has to be Adam's fool in order for them to get alone right?

I get what you mean about not trusting Jack; but, Jack and Adam seem like they look out for each other. Also, if Victor had not spied on Adam with Melanie, who knows, he may have told Victor about getting the money from Jack. Victor just kept proving to Adam that he could not totally trust him. I guess I have always been more sympathetic towards Adam because Victor and the rest of the Newmans tend to gang up against him. Not cool for a father to do.

But isnt' Adam doing the same? melanie came after Adam got the money from jack and withheld that from vic. so what was Vic suppose to do? Go blindly behind Adam while Adam has this infor hidden away?

shouldn't adam withholding this info be proof Vic can't trust Adam?

#63   2013/09/05 01:14PM
    YR2013

Quote Please_listen: ^^^^Adam depending on Jack to make a mends with his father, really? So Adam didn't see a problem getting into bed with his father's enemy knowing Jack could change his mind at any second? Jack doesn't this NOW, but that doesn't mean that cant' change or won't.

IF Adam meant no harm whatsoever, he should have told his father what he was doing, so jack would be able to blind side him. but since we see it doesnt' take much for Adam to turn on vic like a vicious dog, his desire couldn't have been too sincere.

I would think Vic standing up for him in public would count for something, but obviously it doesn't, Vic has to be Adam's fool in order for them to get alone right?

No harm done if one vicious dog turns on another vicious dog right? Like father like son. Anything you say about Adam, could and should and will be applied to Victor.

Who brought Melanie to town and for what purpose? Hmmm

#64   2013/09/05 01:17PM
    Please_listen

Quote ladycam:

Victor told Adam he was on his own. Until he heard that Billy was behind Melanie claims and using it to get back with Victoria. Then he gave Adam his support. Victor doesn't like his children being independent.We see that with his not showing up to Nick's club opening.Victoria is happy with Billy and he every step of the way does every thing to destroy her family. Billy makes Victoria stronger and he can't stand it. Victoria and Nick have forgiven time and time again and he destroys their life. Because he must have control over them. Let Victoria rejoice over his fall out with Adam head back over to NE with daddy. It will cause her dearly. Jack has really supported Adam despite his hatred for Victor. A good father will support his son and put his hatred for Jack aside. But Victor is incapable of such love and devotion we see that again with Nick and Summer. Adam gave him room but protected his self in the mean time. Victor is just a lousy father and doesn't deserve any loyalty.

Well that's questionable, Billy has hurt Vikki all on his own enough, this time around with the gambling, Bill did that because he couldn't handle the pressure of having another child with vikki...that made vikki miserable, and that was at the hands of billy.

Vic was wrong about the things Bill would bring into Vikki's life, she got kidnapped because of him, she's raising another woman's child, and she has a weak gambler for a husband, Vikki hasn't been all smiles with Billy and vic told her that from day one. But it's okay for vikki to give who she feels deserves another chance, but Vic can't unless he has her approval.

I know Vic's history, but I also know his kids history as well.

#65   2013/09/05 01:20PM
    janetb

Quote YR2013:
    Quote Please_listen: I mean since the shooting, I have seen nothing but Vic supporting Adam, defending him, accepting him and even in the rape case didn't try to boot Adam out of NE.

So exactly what did Vic to that made Adam go after him this time? What did he do to show he would never accept Adam when Vic told vikki to accept adam or go home basically. Vic didn't turn on Adam at any point since the shooting, he did however not put all his trust in Adam and that's expected, but he was there for Adam and Adam wants his unconditional support while he's betraying him the whole time

I don't get it?

After the shooting Victor was grateful and I thought that would have changed the father and son relationship but I don't think this duo can be changed. Both father and son don't have trust in each other and both are two peas in a pod. Adam knows it's only time for the duo to end.

I don't think Victor ever changed, he still wanted to TELL Adam what he can and can not do. Victor wants to control his family. Victor is not to be trusted and Adam is not to be trusted and they both know it.

Victor and Adam are too much alike and will never trust each other.Victor is the ultimate control freak and couldn't trust Adam to have an outside investor and not tell him.Adam wanted a relationship with his father, but should know by now it won't happen.Victor thinks he has the right to control his children and his love has always been conditional.

#66   2013/09/05 01:20PM
    Please_listen

Quote YR2013:
    Quote Please_listen:
    Quote YR2013:
    Quote Please_listen: ^^^^Who's life did Vic ruin before his kids were born? Because up til then, the only thing I remember Vic doing was holding the man trying to make a fool out of his wife in prison in his basement, that I remember....

But this man attacked Vic's life, he was going after vic's wife and money, so he had a right to defend himself or retiliate, so what incidents are you talking about vic ruining people's lives before his kids were born?

Also, the first guy Vikki got involved with had her spread eagle on the hood of cars for some cheap magazine, that' what Vic saved her from. the next guy was a married man, married to Nina, before that cheating with Nina.

It's because of Vic those kids had the cushion lifestyle they grew accustom to, Vic may not have been the best father, but what example did he have has how to be one. With the father he had, he was damn lucky to become at the very least a provider for his family, his kids wanted for nothing, they had the good life, money, cars, education, mansion, horses, everything.

for man who's father believed in abandoning his kids and not lifting a damn finger to provide for them, vic did a hell of a job with his own family.

So it seems to me like you feel the ole man is an awesome father because of what he can give or provide for his kids and family, but the problem with that is, people don't like to be controlled and they want to have a life of their own. Living in the lap of luxury and feeling like you're not allow to breath until someone tells you to, isn't living to some. Everything Victor has done to his family and friends, his enemies and associates, is okay but not what his son does right? GMB

That's not what I said, I said that given his upbringing, he did the best he could. How would Vic learn how to give love, compassion or even patience if it was never given to him. why isn't vic's up bring ever a factor in how he came to be the man and father he is today, when every aspect of Adam's is brought up and used as a defense.

Given Vic's childhood, given his none relatioship with his abusive father, I can understand how he may not have all the warm and fuzzy, but one thing they can't say is that Vic hasn't saved their butts time and time again, that they wouldn't have half the crap they do today because of him. Vic wasn't handed anything on a sliver platter, he worked and earned every single thing he had, so if he was hard on his kids, to much given, much is required. But the main problem with his brats is that they didn't want Vic saying ANYTHING to them, even with his own company, he was suppose to not have a say in anything because they didn't want to hear it.

Vic was not the perfect father, but he was a better father than his father was to him, and that's all a person can strive for.

I'm not discounting Victor's past, none of it, good or bad. It plays a big role in who he is and who he isn't, but the problem is, you're defending Victor and ignoring all the terrible things he's done too. Pining all this on Adam, is a little one-sided. This is about both of them and their inability to trust and have normal relationships.

You can't tell me Victor isn't a controlling idiot. He wants to control everything and everyone. He does not know how NOT to be in control. That will drive anyone away, including his kids and wife, that's why he's had so many failed marriages with the women either going insane or finding their way to the bottom of a bottle.

Granted, Victor never had a daddy figure, but he's been a father and a husband for a long time and he's a grandfather too, so when is he going to learn and get it right? He's this brilliant business man who exact justice on others, all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, but can't get his ish together to maintain healthy relationships with his wife and children? GMB He TELLS everyone around him what to do and who to choose and how to do it, but he's incapable of change and taking advice?

I think a person can strive for the stars and moon, there is no limits, it's our minds that limit us and I think yes, Victor is a better man than his father, but he can be an even BETTER man and stop being a bully, evil, control freak who has to have revenge.

All I'm saying is, I never hear about Vic's childhood, just about everything he does wrong. And All I hear about is Adam's childhood and how it's all Vic's fault, and Adam is justified in killing his unborn child, terrorizing his wife, taking his company, framing him for a crime he didn't do, partner up with his enemies and the list goes on.

Vic is who he is, faults and all, but he's by far, not alone in the mistakes he makes or the people he's hurt.

#67   2013/09/05 01:21PM
    Please_listen

Quote YR2013:

No harm done if one vicious dog turns on another vicious dog right? Like father like son. Anything you say about Adam, could and should and will be applied to Victor.

Who brought Melanie to town and for what purpose? Hmmm

to find out what his son was hiding and lying about.

#68   2013/09/05 01:23PM
    Please_listen

Quote janetb:
    Quote YR2013:
    Quote Please_listen: I mean since the shooting, I have seen nothing but Vic supporting Adam, defending him, accepting him and even in the rape case didn't try to boot Adam out of NE.

So exactly what did Vic to that made Adam go after him this time? What did he do to show he would never accept Adam when Vic told vikki to accept adam or go home basically. Vic didn't turn on Adam at any point since the shooting, he did however not put all his trust in Adam and that's expected, but he was there for Adam and Adam wants his unconditional support while he's betraying him the whole time

I don't get it?

After the shooting Victor was grateful and I thought that would have changed the father and son relationship but I don't think this duo can be changed. Both father and son don't have trust in each other and both are two peas in a pod. Adam knows it's only time for the duo to end.

I don't think Victor ever changed, he still wanted to TELL Adam what he can and can not do. Victor wants to control his family. Victor is not to be trusted and Adam is not to be trusted and they both know it.

Victor and Adam are too much alike and will never trust each other.Victor is the ultimate control freak and couldn't trust Adam to have an outside investor and not tell him.Adam wanted a relationship with his father, but should know by now it won't happen.Victor thinks he has the right to control his children and his love has always been conditional.

And their's is not? IF Vic doesn't go along with whatever they so, they turn on him so fast like he's not their father.

#69   2013/09/05 01:27PM
    ladycam

Quote Please_listen:
    Quote ladycam:

Victor told Adam he was on his own. Until he heard that Billy was behind Melanie claims and using it to get back with Victoria. Then he gave Adam his support. Victor doesn't like his children being independent.We see that with his not showing up to Nick's club opening.Victoria is happy with Billy and he every step of the way does every thing to destroy her family. Billy makes Victoria stronger and he can't stand it. Victoria and Nick have forgiven time and time again and he destroys their life. Because he must have control over them. Let Victoria rejoice over his fall out with Adam head back over to NE with daddy. It will cause her dearly. Jack has really supported Adam despite his hatred for Victor. A good father will support his son and put his hatred for Jack aside. But Victor is incapable of such love and devotion we see that again with Nick and Summer. Adam gave him room but protected his self in the mean time. Victor is just a lousy father and doesn't deserve any loyalty.

Well that's questionable, Billy has hurt Vikki all on his own enough, this time around with the gambling, Bill did that because he couldn't handle the pressure of having another child with vikki...that made vikki miserable, and that was at the hands of billy.

Vic was wrong about the things Bill would bring into Vikki's life, she got kidnapped because of him, she's raising another woman's child, and she has a weak gambler for a husband, Vikki hasn't been all smiles with Billy and vic told her that from day one. But it's okay for vikki to give who she feels deserves another chance, but Vic can't unless he has her approval.

I know Vic's history, but I also know his kids history as well.

Gamblers that were hired by Victor to exploit Billy's weakness. Victoria doesn't know this when she finds out.She will be running from her daddy and looking to cut him off again.Victor schemes almost killed Summer because he couldn't control one of his pawns. Yet he was willing to exchange Sharon medication knowing the danger she capable of when off her meds. And again putting his grandchildren and children at risk when not if it backfires. Adam's life took a dark turn when he found out Victor was his father. He has used him time and time again and then throw him under the bus. But Adam is naive and still hoping to be close to him. Well I hope that will come to end with him having his own child. He will try to be different. And start his own life and family and let Victor wreck havoc on his other children.

#70   2013/09/05 01:27PM
    LJMOM812

Quote Please_listen:
    Quote LJMOM812:

I get what you mean about not trusting Jack; but, Jack and Adam seem like they look out for each other. Also, if Victor had not spied on Adam with Melanie, who knows, he may have told Victor about getting the money from Jack. Victor just kept proving to Adam that he could not totally trust him. I guess I have always been more sympathetic towards Adam because Victor and the rest of the Newmans tend to gang up against him. Not cool for a father to do.

But isnt' Adam doing the same? melanie came after Adam got the money from jack and withheld that from vic. so what was Vic suppose to do? Go blindly behind Adam while Adam has this infor hidden away?

shouldn't adam withholding this info be proof Vic can't trust Adam?

I just think they are both trying to keep one step ahead of the other. They both have good reasons to not trust one another; but Adam is the reason the company is back in Newman hands. It's too bad Victor couldn't just be happy about having his company and working with his son. He always demands total control and power.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list