List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What EXACTLY Did Vic Do To Adam This Time?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What EXACTLY Did Vic Do To Adam This Time?

Started by Please_listen at 2013/09/05 09:41AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/10 07:44AM, Views: 3435, Replies: 109
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #51   2013/09/05 11:59AM
    Re: What EXACTLY Did Vic Do To Adam This Time?
    YR2013

Quote Please_listen: ^^^^^^So should Adam's karma come from his son? He has caused innocent people harm as well, Ashley, he caused her her baby, the man with the kidney, he caused his son his father, the pain and heartache he caused Sharon and Nick stealing their child...

Adam has no room to talk or dish Karma when he equally guilty of the same offenses.

Victor has the right? I don't think either of them have any room, but they are both hypocritical and cut from the same cloth. Why should either of them not pay for what they've done? Victor and Victor Jr. are father and son, they are more alike than they care to admit and it's not just them who are not seeing the similarities, seems like the viewers are having the same problem too.

Changes can be made in generations, providing parents make changes and providing children adhere to those changes. Can evil rise in Adam's house, why not? He's shown to do both evil and good, so anything to possible, we'll see how the scale tip.

#52   2013/09/05 12:27PM
    ladycam

From Jack's conversation with Adam his motive is clear. He wanted a relationship with Victor let his guard down. Step up and try to save the family business which cause him a lot. The deal with Jack could have gone either way. Jack at this time is not interested in NE. They could have work together and repay the loan and own the business again. But Victor support is fake and he keeps asking Adam to jump through hoops every step of the way. That's why all his other kids cut him off. But Adam doesn't know Victor enough to knows this. Victor cares about Victor if not for Nikki and Ashley. He would treat Nick,Victoria,Abby the same way he treats Adam like he's disposable. But Nikki and Ashley gives Victor hell for abusing their children. There is nobody to stand up for Adam his other kids are more than happy when things go south with Adam. He should forget about Victor focus on Connor.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/05 12:29PM
    #53   2013/09/05 12:36PM
    YR2013

Quote Please_listen:
    Quote YR2013:
    Quote Please_listen: ^^^^Who's life did Vic ruin before his kids were born? Because up til then, the only thing I remember Vic doing was holding the man trying to make a fool out of his wife in prison in his basement, that I remember....

But this man attacked Vic's life, he was going after vic's wife and money, so he had a right to defend himself or retiliate, so what incidents are you talking about vic ruining people's lives before his kids were born?

Also, the first guy Vikki got involved with had her spread eagle on the hood of cars for some cheap magazine, that' what Vic saved her from. the next guy was a married man, married to Nina, before that cheating with Nina.

It's because of Vic those kids had the cushion lifestyle they grew accustom to, Vic may not have been the best father, but what example did he have has how to be one. With the father he had, he was damn lucky to become at the very least a provider for his family, his kids wanted for nothing, they had the good life, money, cars, education, mansion, horses, everything.

for man who's father believed in abandoning his kids and not lifting a damn finger to provide for them, vic did a hell of a job with his own family.

So obviously you think it's fair for Victor to take the law into his own hand and serve justice as he please? I thought criminals are turn over to the law enforcement. Victor always takes the law into his own hands and thinks he's Mr. Untouchable. His life has been about this and getting what he wants. His son Adam is following in his footsteps and the ole man should be happy because he wants his kids to be more like him. Problem with that is, he never thought his own son would betray him.

The war between Jack and Victor has been going on for decades with no end in sight. Because of Victor, Nikki and Jack lost their child. Can we call it even now because Victor lost a child, or no karma is allowed to follow the ole man?

I think Vic had every right to retiliate against this man he'd never done a thing to him, that choose to come after him. I simply mentioned that to say, what other people lives has he ruined since before his kids were born.

Now you all off the subject, Nikki and Jack's child was lost because Nikki wanted to keep an argument between her and Vic going, and he walked off, she ran up the stairs after him and fell, how is that his doing, when he was walking away?

Nikki's problem was she was still very much in love with Vic and she needed any interaction with him, even if it was an argument, Vic was walking away, had she left things alone, she would have delivered a healthy baby, why is Vic being blamed for Nikki not taking better care of her unborn child to run up a flight of stairs?

Victor is a character written as a villain. He's known to be ruthless and evil, exacting revenge at will, should I say anymore about who the real VN is or suppose to be? Should he have been the one to imprison anyone? Not to mention, Victor is a terrible husband.

I think it was partly Victor's fault for her miscarriage. Why would anyone choose to argue with a pregnant woman? Jack blamed Victor for losing his son, and so do I because Victor played a hand in it too, not just Nikki.

#54   2013/09/05 12:40PM
    LJMOM812

Quote ladycam: From Jack's conversation with Adam his motive is clear. He wanted a relationship with Victor let his guard down. Step up and try to save the family business which cause him a lot. The deal with Jack could have gone either way. Jack at this time is not interested in NE. They could have work together and repay the loan and own the business again. But Victor support is fake and he keeps asking Adam to jump through hoops every step of the way. That's why all his other kids cut him. But Adam doesn't know Victor enough to knows this. Victor cares about Victor if not for Nikki and Ashley. He would treat Nick,Victoria,Abby the same way he treats Adam like he's disposable. But Nikki and Ashley gives Victor hell for abusing their children. There is nobody to stand up for Adam his other kids are more than happy when things go south with Adam. He should forget about Victor focus on Connor.

Good post! I agree. Deep down, Adam has always craved a relationship with his Dad. He did not have to get his Dad's company back but he did that to show Victor that he was committed to putting the company back into Newman hands. He wanted things to work out with Victor but Victor kept disappointing Adam with his lack of trust(Melanie) and more recently, the office and phone bugs. It annoys me that Victoria and Abby are so down on Adam when they are the reason that the company had to go public because of their greedy lawsuit. Funny how they all forget this crucial fact. Adam is no Saint but I am rooting for him on this one.

#55   2013/09/05 12:44PM
    Please_listen

^^^^Adam depending on Jack to make a mends with his father, really? So Adam didn't see a problem getting into bed with his father's enemy knowing Jack could change his mind at any second? Jack doesn't this NOW, but that doesn't mean that cant' change or won't.

IF Adam meant no harm whatsoever, he should have told his father what he was doing, so jack would be able to blind side him. but since we see it doesnt' take much for Adam to turn on vic like a vicious dog, his desire couldn't have been too sincere.

I would think Vic standing up for him in public would count for something, but obviously it doesn't, Vic has to be Adam's fool in order for them to get alone right?

#56   2013/09/05 12:52PM
    trinilisa

Quote Please_listen: ^^^^Adam depending on Jack to make a mends with his father, really? So Adam didn't see a problem getting into bed with his father's enemy knowing Jack could change his mind at any second? Jack doesn't this NOW, but that doesn't mean that cant' change or won't.

IF Adam meant no harm whatsoever, he should have told his father what he was doing, so jack would be able to blind side him. but since we see it doesnt' take much for Adam to turn on vic like a vicious dog, his desire couldn't have been too sincere.

I would think Vic standing up for him in public would count for something, but obviously it doesn't, Vic has to be Adam's fool in order for them to get alone right?

Adam knew he was doing wrong and betraying his father by having Jack as a secret investor and imho that's why he kept it from him. Imho, the reason why Adam is trying to play the sympathy card is a diversion tactic because Adam didn't realize that Victor found out, so he figured if he put on a temper tantrum, his dad might feel guilty for having him bugged (for good reason). I guess it's all up to interpretation because the way I read the conversation with Jack, regardless of what Jack wanted or what was on his mind, Adam's goal was to eventually oust Vic from NE and who knows, he could have double-crossed Jack. Adam's motives are in question, not Jack's imho. Nothing anybody can say will change my mind...Some are extremest Adam worshipers, which is fine, but I guess I am the other extreme; I think he is a waste of air and burning him at the stake would be too nice of a punishment for him...sorry

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/05 12:56PM
    #57   2013/09/05 01:01PM
    LJMOM812

Quote Please_listen: ^^^^Adam depending on Jack to make a mends with his father, really? So Adam didn't see a problem getting into bed with his father's enemy knowing Jack could change his mind at any second? Jack doesn't this NOW, but that doesn't mean that cant' change or won't.

I get what you mean about not trusting Jack; but, Jack and Adam seem like they look out for each other. Also, if Victor had not spied on Adam with Melanie, who knows, he may have told Victor about getting the money from Jack. Victor just kept proving to Adam that he could not totally trust him. I guess I have always been more sympathetic towards Adam because Victor and the rest of the Newmans tend to gang up against him. Not cool for a father to do.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/05 01:03PM
    #58   2013/09/05 01:04PM
    ladycam

Victor told Adam he was on his own. Until he heard that Billy was behind Melanie claims and using it to get back with Victoria. Then he gave Adam his support. Victor doesn't like his children being independent.We see that with his not showing up to Nick's club opening.Victoria is happy with Billy and he every step of the way does every thing to destroy her family. Billy makes Victoria stronger and he can't stand it. Victoria and Nick have forgiven time and time again and he destroys their life. Because he must have control over them. Let Victoria rejoice over his fall out with Adam head back over to NE with daddy. It will cause her dearly. Jack has really supported Adam despite his hatred for Victor. A good father will support his son and put his hatred for Jack aside. But Victor is incapable of such love and devotion we see that again with Nick and Summer. Adam gave him room but protected his self in the mean time. Victor is just a lousy father and doesn't deserve any loyalty.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/05 01:05PM
    #59   2013/09/05 01:06PM
    YR2013

Quote Please_listen:
    Quote YR2013:
    Quote Please_listen: ^^^^Who's life did Vic ruin before his kids were born? Because up til then, the only thing I remember Vic doing was holding the man trying to make a fool out of his wife in prison in his basement, that I remember....

But this man attacked Vic's life, he was going after vic's wife and money, so he had a right to defend himself or retiliate, so what incidents are you talking about vic ruining people's lives before his kids were born?

Also, the first guy Vikki got involved with had her spread eagle on the hood of cars for some cheap magazine, that' what Vic saved her from. the next guy was a married man, married to Nina, before that cheating with Nina.

It's because of Vic those kids had the cushion lifestyle they grew accustom to, Vic may not have been the best father, but what example did he have has how to be one. With the father he had, he was damn lucky to become at the very least a provider for his family, his kids wanted for nothing, they had the good life, money, cars, education, mansion, horses, everything.

for man who's father believed in abandoning his kids and not lifting a damn finger to provide for them, vic did a hell of a job with his own family.

So it seems to me like you feel the ole man is an awesome father because of what he can give or provide for his kids and family, but the problem with that is, people don't like to be controlled and they want to have a life of their own. Living in the lap of luxury and feeling like you're not allow to breath until someone tells you to, isn't living to some. Everything Victor has done to his family and friends, his enemies and associates, is okay but not what his son does right? GMB

That's not what I said, I said that given his upbringing, he did the best he could. How would Vic learn how to give love, compassion or even patience if it was never given to him. why isn't vic's up bring ever a factor in how he came to be the man and father he is today, when every aspect of Adam's is brought up and used as a defense.

Given Vic's childhood, given his none relatioship with his abusive father, I can understand how he may not have all the warm and fuzzy, but one thing they can't say is that Vic hasn't saved their butts time and time again, that they wouldn't have half the crap they do today because of him. Vic wasn't handed anything on a sliver platter, he worked and earned every single thing he had, so if he was hard on his kids, to much given, much is required. But the main problem with his brats is that they didn't want Vic saying ANYTHING to them, even with his own company, he was suppose to not have a say in anything because they didn't want to hear it.

Vic was not the perfect father, but he was a better father than his father was to him, and that's all a person can strive for.

I'm not discounting Victor's past, none of it, good or bad. It plays a big role in who he is and who he isn't, but the problem is, you're defending Victor and ignoring all the terrible things he's done too. Pining all this on Adam, is a little one-sided. This is about both of them and their inability to trust and have normal relationships.

You can't tell me Victor isn't a controlling idiot. He wants to control everything and everyone. He does not know how NOT to be in control. That will drive anyone away, including his kids and wife, that's why he's had so many failed marriages with the women either going insane or finding their way to the bottom of a bottle.

Granted, Victor never had a daddy figure, but he's been a father and a husband for a long time and he's a grandfather too, so when is he going to learn and get it right? He's this brilliant business man who exact justice on others, all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, but can't get his ish together to maintain healthy relationships with his wife and children? GMB He TELLS everyone around him what to do and who to choose and how to do it, but he's incapable of change and taking advice?

I think a person can strive for the stars and moon, there is no limits, it's our minds that limit us and I think yes, Victor is a better man than his father, but he can be an even BETTER man and stop being a bully, evil, control freak who has to have revenge.

#60   2013/09/05 01:06PM
    Charlie Big

Without Adam and Jack, Victor would not have the company back in his family at all. In fact, he would be nothing but a figure head on the board. Sharon tanked that company and all but put the entire of it into backrupsty. Not to mention the jeapordy of the board. I think that Victor is acting like an ungrateful fool. Of all his weak children, Adam is the only one with gumption and a brain and he stepped up when the other two weaklings and idiot Abbey just sat there on thier trust funds.

If anything, Adam should, indeed, keep his guard up. Look at Victor! He is doing everything to make Adam, fail and why? Because old Vic is selfish! He wants it all. They have bitten off pieces of him for the last few years and so he turns around an uses his son to get it back for him only to do what? To ruin him for the effort.

I really bope that Adam crushes the old geezer. That may be the only way to wake up Victor. He is so obdurate.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list